pc

teddie38

hi can someone link me to a gaming pc for 200-350 pound in uk.

my laptop is a intel i5 2520m graphices is intel hd 3000 and ram 4 gb 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

In general £200 - £350 wont get you far unless you buy second hand. And if you only want a laptop specifically (Which im guessing you do with that low of a budget) its going to be much harder to find a decent deal on a laptop that can run ETS2 sufficiently without making the game look hideous.

Here are some items on Ebay which may fit your criteria.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Gaming-Laptop-16GB-RAM-GTX960M-i7-3-5GHz-2TB-HDD/182852749527?hash=item2a92df88d7:g:jZAAAOSw-eVZ7y0V - I7 6700HQ - GTX 960M - Best performer out of the 3

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alienware-M15x-Gaming-Laptop-Win-7-Blu-Ray-6GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-GTX-240m-NO-BATTERY/142550932814?hash=item2130b29d4e:g:Sh8AAOSwySlZ7n4V <-- No battery - i7-920XM Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M - Bit outdated but would run ETS2 at low to medium.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAMING-LAPTOP-MSI-GP72-2QD-17-3-1TB-Intel-Core-i5-4th-Gen-2-9GHz-8GB/222688954767?epid=219521977&hash=item33d94bc98f:g:6N0AAOSwKGtZ5eZs <- i7 5950HQ with NVIDIA GeForce 940M 2GB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Leopard-Notebook-i5-4210H-Graphics/dp/B015Q27OPU <-- alternative link

Essentially for a decent experience you need to either buy second hand or increase your budget. I would do more research on what you are buying aswell.

Below are the benchmarks for the corresponding graphics cards within the laptops.

The first one showing the scores by the Alienwarem15X in 3DMark 2006. This is compared to the Dell XPS m1730.

The graphics card which comes with the Alienware m15X is the GTX 240m which is not the greatest with it being a mid range GPU from 2008. Wont be able to run the latest games without considerable lag and quality compromises.

image005.png

This is the benchmark of the GTX 960M compared to other graphics cards. The GTX 960M is however a decent GPU compared to the one within the Alienware with the GTX 960M essentially being equivalent to a GTX 750 or GTX 750 Ti which would run most modern AAA titles at low settings but Euro Truck simulator 2 at medium to high with a stable frame-rate.

Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-960M-Benchmark-3D-Mark-11.png

GT 940M as you can see via the benchmarks is considerably less powerful in terms of performance compared to the GTX 960M however if this is the only option it will still be sufficient in running ETS2

Nvidia-GeForce-940M-Benchmark-3D-Mark-11.png

Overall however on truckersmp its recommended to still stay away from high FPS area's as even with my setup of 2 GTX 1070's in SLI some area's can get into the 20's or even 10's of FPS. 

Edit - Here is a video for reference of the GTX 960M

15 hours ago, keep your distance will said:

hi can someone link me to a gaming pc for 200-350 pound in uk.

my laptop is a intel i5 2520m graphices is intel hd 3000 and ram 4 gb 

For £200-£350 an normal gaming pc? No way...

When you buy such an good cheap gaming pc, it will be at the begin very good. After 2 years, you can put in in the trash, because he will get slowly and the graphic will be not such good as for 2 years.

And to buy anyway a new graphic card, that will brings nothing. Mostly Laptops are so constructed, that only ONE special graphic card fits in. 

Do NOT buy a cheap gaming pc! Buy a second hand, there are always better or wait for the next birthday and buy a good new gaming pc, who you will have fun the next 3-5 years!

wolfsjunge7

Archived