No personal truck sounds in ATS

A Simple Cheeseburger

Question

14 answers to this question

Was that in single player?

If not, make sure both sounds from the game settings and multiplayer settings are open.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

I'd say give a try and delete the ATSMP folder from documents and try again.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

You don't really need to uninstall it. Try the F1 method first while you have the launcher open.

Hi!

Just a few questions:

• Navigate to Documents\ATSMP\config and find there string Sound.
 "engine" and "sound_effects"  true or false ? if false - set it to true

• Navigate to C:\Users\name\Documents\American Truck Simulator\profiles\your_profiles\config
Find string uset s_interior_volume. What is value there?

Kind Regards.

I suggest hoping into a different truck and seeing if you hear any sounds. This has happened to me before and that was my fix just switching trucks 

• Like 1

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Thankyou for your responses everyone. While I still don't know why my W900 does not have sound, I found that every other vehicle in the game including a second W900 I bought does have sound.

Its sad since the first W900 I have had since the game came out and I don't plan on selling it even thought the sound does not work. But I guess its not all bad news.

• Like 1