Your opinions on In-game Reports?

GIMI

On 26.11.2017 at 12:17 PM, KhaosHammer said:

^

I also use this method, do not need to edit and is going straight to youtube, but first I review what happened before sending a report, many times by accident, I usually report trolling or pushing other players.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is an old thread but

The in game report systems has never worked for me. 10 to 15 minutes after reporting someone I get a message saying "something something no action was taken" when I know for a fact that my report was correct even more because (now) I also record the incident and report on the website and the person is banned. So the only conclusion I get is that my report was not looked at. 

This days instead of relaying on the in-game report system I just start to record when I see that someone is going to overtake me in low pop areas but if I am in the C-D region (very rare) I am always recording even if that means a little loss in FPS.

why do I report people when the system deletes it within 10 mins? only a few were banned but 90% of my reports were always deleted -.- what are the admins doing? 

i know i can report people through the homepage but that takes extra work and since im a newbie to MP (74 hours) idk how that works

do something please

greetings

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Admins are just humans (Say what :D) 

They can't be everywhere and the new replay function takes time, too! ;) 

9 hours ago, weezy97 said:

i know i can report people through the homepage but that takes extra work and since im a newbie to MP (74 hours) idk how that works

Just report them or not! But if not: Don't flame here on the forum! :P 

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/47439-web-reports-faq/

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/52232-eng-how-to-use-the-report-system-report-system-faq/

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/54881-website-reporting-guidelines/

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Former 743469563_role_SupportManager.png.780765

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

They are just useless, web reporting is more effective but takes time...  I use overwolf to capture and use avs for rendering editing and cutting videos which saves me a lot of megabytes 

Spoiler

mLNOiSF.jpg

Hi, I was just wondering, are in-game reports actually effective? I don't want to put in doubt the admin's work, of course, but in the past 3 days I submitted 5 reports while playing, all concerning me being badly rammed by other players, and no action was taken for any single one, not even a kick! I know that I should submit a report on the site if I don't think the decision is fair, but then is it really useful to submit reports while driving? I did it cause I thought it could've been a pretty good solution for people like me who can't record due to poor PC performance, but it looks like it's just useless. Hope somebody can answer, cheers.

Hello @Moullinex Normally the in-game reports get deleted due to if the report is not claimed in 10 minutes, the report will be auto-deleted. I recommend you to use OBS which should not cause any kind of lag to your PC, I have been using it for a long time I have nothing to say against it. As last, admins have a lot of work to do so that's why in-game reports are not so useful as website reports. Hope you can run OBS without problems, bye and happy trucking!

It really depends on the time you are driving, the server you are driving on, the amount of reports being created and several other factors.

However, if a report is being wacthed at, the chance is very high that the admin will ban the perpetrator

Also we have a holidays, so that we got less staff around than usual. More info -> https://truckersmp.com/blog/67

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

How FirestarteR93 said it: I differentiate between two report systems. The in-game report system and the web reports. So fundamentally I don't like the in-game system. The reason is that no one of the reports I made with this system ever kicked/banned somebody - and I just report when I get damage on the trailer. And when I ask some friends they say the same. But when I watch a stream of an admin I can see how many reports they have to do. And I can also see that they take some reports and look closely. I just think that they can't work off all the reports, they are just people.

The web report is a better way. I advise everybody to film while driving and take the time to make the reports on the website. I use it just when I get much damage or when somebody is trolling me, because it take more time. But the reports help you better. So: In-game reports are faster, but in the most cases they benefit nothing. And the web-reports take more time, but help you better.

This is my opinion. I hope I did help you.

>Leon :)

I'm probably a bit late. Anyways I would like to spend my 2 cents here..

Ingame reports are ridiculous, ineffective and a waste of time. No help for the admins, I wonder how they put up with the report system, and no damage control against rule-breakers.

Report system is even more ridiculous, even providing with clear evidence of some other player infringement,  it's still not enough. We MUST provide a video. Detailed screenshots of that moment isn't sufficient.

And at what cost? It takes you away 30 mins to report someone that will only be banned for 1 day for ramming,blocking and harassing. 

Frankly, I wouldn't spend more than my 2 cents I already "spent" here.

Take care and Merry X-mas.

In-game reports are a convenient tool, but in my opinion is not operational at the moment.

I do use it sometimes, but I suspect that there are too many reports in-game for the game moderators to deal with promptly. The result is a report not being dealt with, and the perpetrator gets away with it.

Therefore, I tend to record and submit the evidence via website. It takes a couple of days, but results in something. The in-game reports, in my case are 0% effective, as they are not dealt with apparently.

I do believe that more staff would be needed to look into the reports for the in-game tool to be effective.

Te90AGT.png k8GwANi.png 

IN game report could be more vunerable if @Bull[NL] idea would come across live!! VOTE KICK system would be very helpfull and if there would be a problem kicking someone with no reason which I'm assuming it won't, that person always will have an option to appeal of it through website. There is so many in-game admins already in place but like we said before the also have their lives, no one seems to be on server in peak time. Therefore that method would help a lot just to shows that something is happening regards to in-game trolls.

Archived