Your opinions on In-game Reports?

GIMI

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

It's difficult where to draw the line, if you reported someone twice for example and that was defined as 'more than once' then the Admins would be getting hundreds of emails. I do believe reports should stack, in some way but it's mostly for users with 5,10,15 etc reports against them rather than a lower amount such as two. It should then structure the reports in order of importance and place the most reported user at the top to be dealt with quickly and as a priority.

Difficult to resolve as it's heavily based on the work-loads of the admins in-game but anything to make their job easier, I suppose :)

Kind regards,

Matthew

The one thing I'm confused about is why my most recent report, which happened to be the only one I didn't have sufficient evidence (screenshot only) for is also the only report of mine that has gotten reviewed. How does the most recent report get reviewed first? Can they pick and choose reports to review? Think it would be more efficient to do reports based on first come first review. But in my case it looks like someone just chose whatever report would be easiest and quickest and left the rest unattended to. I'm still trying to feel out this system so I can become decent at submitting quality reports, and granted all my reports so far are fairly simple driving violations such as overtaking on the shoulder (this seems to cause about as many wrecks as anything else) and wrong way driving, but if 5+ days not even done in the order of when they were sent for a EU2 report is the norm I might just give up on it reporting all together on that server. I'd be happy to offer my services for this task alone but I admittedly do not have a long enough, or good enough track record as of yet to consider myself someone that anyone would have a reason to trust with the job. But yeah it definitely seems to be an understaffed position. 3 days max to review a report would be a good goal to aim for. This is all just my two cents, of course.

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

17 hours ago, MadCowTransport said:

which happened to be the only one I didn't have sufficient evidence (screenshot only) for

You basically gave an implicit answer to your own question. There are some confidential ways which I am not going to be leaking how those reports with insufficient evidence are filtered. Thus, our in-game Administration team will deal with them first as they are useless and just make the actual report number bigger than it already is either way.

When I was going to DC road , I see all people say to each other " rec , report , ban , you banned " why ??

Yes some people deserve it with trollling ,  But I see people they always at DC road , and their job is report people .

It is very bad and wrong  .  people can have mistakes . important is friendship . Lot people hitting me but I don't report . F7 and enter it is not hard .. 

I didn't banned because of this , i only asking why . People are like enemy . Waiting other people's mistakes for report .. It is sad 

İVECO'S

Hello @[SK] - TeR*NOYAN28,

many people only write that to either scare others or to make themselves appear more important because people must be extraordinarily careful when approaching these 'reporting' people as they need to fear being banned. Ultimately, it is only done to show the other person that he did something wrong. Id est, when somebody rammed such a person and it is written "rec ban", the perpetrator shall have a guilty conscience whereas the reporter (or at least the person who writes "rec") feels much more relieved.

There is no point in paying any attention to it as I merely consider this to be useless content and spamming. Many people do not play with each other but see everybody, as you said correctly, as an enemy and that really is a pity.

Nevertheless, that is only my point of view. I rarely play anyway, let alone driving on the rural road from Calais to Duisburg.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Moderator

I'm usually the opposite. I don't have REC or anything in my TAG, I don't usually go saying Recorded!! Reported!! Banned!!. If a player does something that I think deserves being punished, I just record and send a web-report. I believe that in order to get those reckless and disrespectful drivers learn how to behave, saying "rec reported banned" is useless. But when they are left out of the MP for several days, they will truly realize that their actions have consequences.

And by the way, when you have been playing MP for 3 years, never been banned, driving always respectfully, abiding to all of the rules, etc. and you see that so many players are the opposite, newcomers with cheated profiles driving like maniacs, ramming you out of the road, etc. you can become a bit paranoid and start seeing every other player on the roads not as enemies, but certainly as potential dangers. That "I don't report anyone, it's all about friendship" will get you nowhere, you can be as friendly as you want, but if the other guys aren't, you'll keep being rammed, trolled, blocked, etc. There are people who play just for trolling others, people who don't care about or respect anyone else, the only way to get rid of those people or make them change their attitude is by reporting them and getting them banned. Admins can do a great job, but if people stops reporting, the game will become unplayable sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, [SK] - TeR*NOYAN28 said:

It is very bad and wrong  .  people can have mistakes .

Sure people can make mistakes but unfortunately the vast majority of players willingly engage in that behaviour.  ETS has speed limits on the roads yet people play like it's Need for Speed.  TruckersMP has rules to follow all in-game road rules, very few obey.  C-D has a no passing rule, players are still passing constantly. 

I can count on one hand the number of legitimate accidental collisions that have happened to me, meanwhile I have well over 200 reports of players driving like stupid children, ramming others and causing issues.

^^ True

It is so frustrating to say the in-game reporting system hardly works. 

We have to put effort on a cam, clip editing and uploading to youtube or something to report those reckless drivers on website.  I can understand the workload behind for the game admins but I wish this we could have this system well-utilized for more efficient behavioral control.

I refuse to rec when I started trucking MP.  But I am forced to do so when the trolls intentionally rammed me and insulted me because of driving slow.  I have had hard time to vent my frustration, got no other choice because no other action can be done to get them banned under the current reporting system and the effectiveness of in-game reports.

Saying the REC tag or words...  Half of them are driving crazy on the road, and could cause trouble to the same extent as a reckless kid .

@Seiyu

We're trying our best to deal with In-Game reports, but there's a large amount of them everyday so it's hard to check them all as we would need over 200 admins to review them all before they expire.

If you have a Nvidia graphic card (GTX 750 or above), I suggest you to use Shadowplay. By pressing a key it saves your the X last minutes/seconds of gameplay.

I use it on 15 seconds, so each clip clearly shows the accident, and I don't have to edit it, clips are directly uploaded on YouTube.

Spoiler

Cccv9H0.jpg

On 21/10/2017 at 7:21 PM, GIMIcze said:

.. Acho que o título é suficiente. Minha opinião pessoal é que ele simplesmente não funciona. Demora muito tempo para resolver um relatório (às vezes até 20mins) e o julgamento geralmente é muito moderado.

O que é seu?

// EDIT: quero dizer, os relatórios no jogo :D

In my opinion the reporting in the game does not work. But I do them again on the TurckersMP site. And I can say that works yes, despite the delay I'm satisfied. If you do not use the site, you will not be very successful with the reports. Try opting for the site too, okay?

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

On 11/24/2017 at 1:34 PM, Anriandor said:

You basically gave an implicit answer to your own question. There are some confidential ways which I am not going to be leaking how those reports with insufficient evidence are filtered. Thus, our in-game Administration team will deal with them first as they are useless and just make the actual report number bigger than it already is either way.

This actually makes me feel a bit better about that particular instance. I'm glad it wasn't just a case of somebody choosing the report that would take the least amount of time to review lol.

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

I never use in game report feature, I also think it's a waste of time unless it's a troll going around smashing everything and everywhere. It's no good someone hitting me and then I go to report only 20 minutes later it's all over with and he is a good boy or girl just driving along the road, it just doesn't work in that regard. I always record when something happens anyway and just report it.

I hope one day I can help with the report system. Ill love to do that. And yea. I think the in game report system isn't that good. But al least it's something. I with tho that multiple people could report a person when he is trolling or doing something else that is wrong. So that the admins can see how many people are getting f#!@d over by this troll

• 2 weeks later...

Archived