Your opinions on In-game Reports?

GIMI

The system is a lot better than before, even though there might not be an admin online at the time your report is submitted can be a bummer..I usually record anyway in the case of trolls coming through to submit online reports.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never use the in-game reporting system, any of the reports rarley get looked at, even then the punishment is just too light, so trolls aren't learning the lesson.

Maybe GMs can shed more light on this - but thinking about report system - report always comes after the accident. So sometimes can be really hard situation to understand what happened.

Is this challenge does it take a lot of time to clear who was at fault, what is most usual report about?

I have used it in a past but I don't think admins were on so I never experienced that. As far as I read the system seem to be used very rarely.

Perhaps would be good idea to switch report player only when GMs are on server. More code writing though :tmp:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I banned 2 days by in-game report with a little friction while fading in the game. I am the one who fits the rules. But my in-game reports are never looked at.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

When I first started I was always under the impression that those big red words "this session will be recorded" would be utilized and whatnot. I had two instances few days ago where people purposefully hit me or pushed me off the road, both of them were seen off. I figure it was because I had such high ping. I don't know, other than some big wig telling me I should "get recording software to prove something happened", I haven't had any issues with it. It worked for me last week.

CEO and Owner, U.S. Trucking

Now Hiring!

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:26 AM, XioPlay said:

It's shure that the best way to make a report is in the website with a good evidence. All my reports in game were useless...The perpetrator of the incident was never sanctioned...I don't know how the system of report in-game works...

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:27 AM, shadowNightS said:

hello ,

in my opinion the in game report are very slow bur you have to remember,. there are more than 2000+ people that play ets (eu#2/eu1 server) there for it very unlikely that your report will get viewed do to the amount of report from other players coming in the system

I agree with both these points. So why don't Admins make it easier on themselves (and us) and just remove in game reporting. Make it so you have to report via website. It will cut down on troll reporting (i'll report you because you said you'd report me bla bla) and will ease up the workload on admins. I expect theres hundreds of reports pinging in daily. None of my in game reports resulted in action against the wrong do-er but the website ones at least get a good honest appraisal whether they agree or not.

perfect example. - I submitted an ingame report on a clear ramming/trolling. Got a message back saying no action will be taken etc etc.

I then submit a report on website for the same incident, along with video footage and the player got a 1 week ban.

I'm not gonna bother with in game reports now, i'll just use website as it seems to be considered properly. Not sure how the admins have time for all this though :P

For me everything is fine so long there's an in-game report system. :D

Yeah, the web-report system is better indeed. ;)

On 21/10/2017 at 11:28 PM, GIMIcze said:

^ If they don’t have enough time for truckersmp, then they shouldn’t be in a-team.

I remind you that all TMP staff are volunteers. TMP is free, because of this. They do an amazing job, just look at the mod and website. I suggest you stop being ungrateful, because otherwise you are never going to get anywhere in this community.

i think reports should be adjusted , like only report someone whos ramming you on purpose or blocking the road on purpose, not by mistake, because you dont want it to happen to you when you crash with someone by mistake 

It's not brilliant but you have to remember game admins are voluntary and they do their best when there are almost certainly hundreds of in-game reports.

Each case they need to watch back, see what really happened and see what suitable action should happen, but it's hard especially when thousands of people are playing.

The admins have a way of looking back at the footage which helps them make the right decision even know you may disagree. 

I do think however if someone is reported by more than 1 player next to their name in the reports thing for admins it shows how many reports they have had.

Archived