Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Your opinions on In-game Reports?

GIMI

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But wouldn't it make sense to have multiple reports? It doesn't need to create an entry for each report, just prioritize someone who's getting reported multiple times. If one person is getting reported 20+ times, they should be highlighted with the number of reports next to their name in the report menu and at the top of the list, with another screen showing all the reports after clicking on it.

11 minutes ago, SDCore said:

But wouldn't it make sense to have multiple reports? It doesn't need to create an entry for each report, just prioritize someone who's getting reported multiple times. If one person is getting reported 20+ times, they should be highlighted with the number of reports next to their name in the report menu and at the top of the list, with another screen showing all the reports after clicking on it.

Thats exactly what I'm trying to say, it's the most useful report system in my eyes... if every report is equal, how can an admin know where the really urgent things are going on? 

Maybe a report textbox would be helpful too, like writing "Blocking C-D Road, heavy traffic jam" or something similar. The current system isn't able to give the admin a overview of the reports (how often a player has been reported) or how urgent they are... just saying Duisburg... there are players parking on the middle of the road causing chaos, no admin is repsonding even if 30 players are calling for help, cuz only one player can report the blocker.

^^ If such system were implemented, during peak hours admins would only be attending reports from Calais, Duisburg and the road between those cities. All other players throughout the map would be helpless. How would that be fair? Keeping in mind, also, that most of the people on those "troubled" areas are there willingly and looking precisely for the chaos, the traffic jams, etc. Don't go there and you'll be safe from lots of problems. And if you still insist in driving on the worst places in ETS2MP, don't come complaining, you knew what you would most probably find, deal with it when you actually find it.

IMHO, the system is OK the way it is now. You can say that someone blocking 30 people is more important that someone trolling one player. But think: What if you were that "one player" instead of one of those "30 people"? What would be more important/urgent to you? Why should the admins give a higher priority to the reports coming from a small area in which most of the players are willingly, leaving all other players in the rest of the map unattended?

19 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Why should the admins give a higher priority to the reports coming from a small area in which most of the players have chosen to be?

So the lesson here should be "screw those players for going where I don't like"?  The system we want implemented is one that would just track how many players have reported someone to allow for admins to easily spot the biggest issues.  We're all equal players, no one is more special than another.  The only difference is in how many players are affected by something at a time.  It doesn't matter if a player is in C-D or off in the outskirts of Bratislava.  All that matters should be identifying the trolls causing the biggest problems for the most users. 

I've gotten into the habit of recording all my gameplay (very easy and unlaggy using shadow play) so I can just use the web site's reporting system... although I do attempt using the in-game system first. If you see something to report in-game you should always be saving a replay of that time frame. In the case of shadow play, all you need to do is use a hot key combination to save the last 5 minutes of gameplay to video (or more, if you change it in the settings). After that all is required of you is to, when you have the time, take the short time it takes to upload the video and fill out the report form and link the video with time stamps pointing to what point in the video the violations took place.

Also IMO there is no report that is inherently more "urgent" than another report, regardless of where it is, how many players it is effecting, or which infraction it entails. They should be dealt with in a first come, first serve order... because there is no fairer way to handle it.  If not handled this way, people would be discouraged to report anything other than what is impacting high population areas.... therefor encouraging misbehaving outside of those areas, and as a result, turning those other areas into problem areas. If there is any problem with the reporting system at all, it is that there may be a bit of a lack in the number of admins to review both on-site and in-game reports. But the solution there would be to hire more admins, not to be add some contrived and convoluted priority system based on where it happens and how many reports there are for one person. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

8 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

So the lesson here should be "screw those players for going where I don't like"?  The system we want implemented is one that would just track how many players have reported someone to allow for admins to easily spot the biggest issues.  We're all equal players, no one is more special than another.  The only difference is in how many players are affected by something at a time.  It doesn't matter if a player is in C-D or off in the outskirts of Bratislava.  All that matters should be identifying the trolls causing the biggest problems for the most users. 

The lesson here is "everyone should be treated the same way". It's you and those other people who are saying: We have big issues, screw others if they're being trolled in Byalistok or Torino. If we are all equal, why are you asking for this? It's clear that with your system, all ingame reports during peak hours would be "No action was taken" unless they are coming from the Calais/Duisburg area, simply because that's were more troubles are and more people would be sending reports about each rule breaker. Suppose I'm driving with a couple of friends, a player starts trolling us, we all send a report. That's 3 reports on a player. Each rule breaker in C-D is receiving 10-20 different reports, so "our" rule breaker can keep trolling us like... forever. Knowing that the chances for him to be looked into by an admin are almost zero. Most of my ingame reports are unhandled, do you know what I do? Once I send the report, I use the hotkey mentioned by @MadCowTransport, so I can send a web report later and make sure that the rule breaker will be dealt with. Instead of asking to be prioritized, do the same thing. I know, "I would be sending reports for hours". So I insist, don't go there. It's pathetic, seeing people who goes time after time to the place where they know that they'll find trolls and then complaining in the forums about those trolls. It's like slamming your head against a brick wall and then complaining about you having a headache.

Everyone is equal before the law.

If a system privileges certain reports, it would infringe this principle.

Please understand that administrators do their best to help where needed, but even they cannot split themselves in two.

Do not forget that if your friend does not agree with his ban, he can always appeal it.

Also, I would like to remind you that this community welcomes players of a wide range of ages, and that there do exist young talented players that even you can learn from.

So do not judge them all only because one of them made a mistake.

If using the web report system is too much of a hassle for you, you might be interested in a suggestion I have made some time ago:

Drive safely!

@Joao Rodrigues   "Everyone is equal before the law. If a system privileges certain reports, it would infringe this principle."  -  If the fire crews in a city prioritized calls on a first come first serve basis, the city would have burnt to the ground years ago.  If ambulances or hospitals responded with first come first serve instead of triage, many people would have died.  Everyone is equal but unfortunately the many outweigh the needs of the few.

@FernandoCR [ESP]  LoL.  Why do you keep insisting that I go there to be part of the chaos?  My garage is based out of Orebro and the times I play the EU2 server often has less than 600 players but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the report system, while it has improved, has a long way to go.  Reports are currently only viable for a few minutes before the system automatically discards them.  Regardless of what you do, there will be hundreds of reports that are declined simply due to the fact an admin couldn't look at them in time.  So why not focus on the biggest issues?  Yeah sure, a lot of it will be from the C-D area, but you will get these trolls off the roads/servers and allow the admins to deal with a higher number of legitimate offenders.  In the time since the in-game report system was upgraded I have had only one of my reports dealt with in-game (not complaining); I expect that many users have also had similar experiences with the in-game system.  So for most of us nothing changes, we'll just continue to keep reporting through the website.  The only difference would be the admins would be able to quickly see at a glance who the biggest issues are and to get them off the roads quicker.

My short story...

As I am 41 years old and have enough of nervous games like World Of Tanks , I start play ETS2 as a game which helps me get some rest ,chill , have fun and listen to my polish favourite  radio stations in the same time !

I am Polish but I live in Birmingham UK since 14 years and I can found even more fun go to my virtual country as I miss my real country :) 

Game is AMAZING , mod is even more AMAZING, but this happpens only on weekdays im afraid ...

When I start play in the night 17/18 .112017  I mean in the weekend night , I just discovered that game as the same nightmare like other games , shooters or pay to play . Too much stress.

First I came to the one of German towns (probably Duisburg) where a guy was performing circus driving a car (probably audi , 100% not the truck) . Guy was driving fast , sometimes without lights , driving wrong side of the road , hitting other cars and trucks , and he even flipover his car and landed just in the front of my truck on his roof ! I used report system in game but ''didnt took any action '' , i report him few times , sometimes without succes because other players where reporting him in the same time , but nothing happend , player could perfom his childish game at least 30 minutes breaking the game and using last save to come back ,I left town because didnt want smash my lovely laptop

So , I drove to Amsterdam . And that was another lesson . Tens of players everywhere, driving wrong side , without lights ,speeding , ramming each other , swearing on chat . Straight at the beginning Ive been hit by a guy who was driving left side , hit me then disapeared because he probably used his last save , i ve seen him to do that few times .

So I left Amsterdam as soon as possibly and headed to Bratislava wirth some petrol cargo. 

BUT in the middle of the way , just before Vienna Ive met two another idiots from South America , one of them was rather ''passive offender'' and blocked me only once but his friend had some lovely ideas like blocking me on the road with his trailer , stop his trailer every few seconds so i hit his trailer few times and damaged my truck and cargo , changing lanes without indicators , hiting me with his trailer , calling me names / using profanities.

So ..After 1000 kilometres from Amsterdam to Bratislava ive delivered my cargo for about 30k euro (-penalty) and  paid for truck service little bit more ...

Spoiler

3F05E1BDAD0684FA97447C885708FB7E459903CB

And I gone to the bed in very bad mood..

And today I cant even report these people because I dont have proper screens , videos or even their full ID

^^ So if the suggested system is put in place, you should forget about playing MP in EU#2 server, unless you decide to cheat and use a no-damage mod. Because none of your reports will be even looked into, unless you're inside the Calais-Duisburg influence area. And even then, most of them will time out if no other 20-30 players are reporting the same person.

3 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Why do you keep insisting that I go there to be part of the chaos?

I'm afraid that my English is not so good, when I say "you go willingly there" I'm not meaning you "TheCreepyTruckr", I'm trying to mean everyone doing that, as a collective. I guess that I'll have to find a better way to express my ideas. But the system proposed in this topic, any way you look at it, would be unfair. For a simple reason: those players within the problematic areas would have all of the admins' attention while all other players outside those areas would have none. Tell me how fair it is that 300-400 players have a chance that their reports will be dealt with and 3100-3200 players don't.

To end my arguments, I'd remove the ability to report in-game to people who enter the C-D area. Why? Because they are who collapse the system mostly. And once they see that they can't report, lots of them would stop doing that route over and over again, the cities, the road would start loosing people and the chaos would end. YES, it would probably just shift to a different area, but like Einstein supposedly said: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe". We can't fight against that, but what if we could get some peaceful time...?

^^

Why are you assuming that admins will only pay attention to those reports inside the CD area and only pay attention to those with lots of reports?

Admins ARE able to pick and choose. If they want to patrol the CD area, then they can pick out the reports that lots of people have submitted, because that's where the multiple reports would come in. Otherwise, admins could pick reports with fewer people and get to the ones outside of the CD area.

It's a mix of getting to prioritized reports AND hiring more admins to deal with the number of reports we ALREADY have. The mess is a result of a poor system and being too understaffed for the number of players that play the games.

The report system is nothing wrong with, I think that more can be done.
In the past I had my own servers with another online game, if there was no mod on the server there was still a possibility that players could
kick a player if the rules were violated.
What might be possible is that if someone is rammed or blocks other trucks, a vote kick session will be started by a player.
Depending on the vote "Up" or "Down", by several players against the player who misbehave then this player automatically removed (kick) from the server.

This kind of system is used in many online games, this kind of system would also be possible within ETS and ATS i think.

As an example:
C-D route is blocked by a person or someone is trolling a convoy then you as players have the opportunity to start a kick vote against the player who misbehaves.
Anyone who is within a certain distance from the place where a kick vote session is started at that time can use the vote system.
With enough votes for the player for which the kick session is started would automatically kicked from the server and can only log in after a period of minutes. (can be 5 or 10 minutes)

So you give players on the server more possibilities if admins do not have time to view all reports or that few admins are online.

Can this system be abused, yes, but in most cases this will benefit the players who want to play seriously.
No system is watertight like this either, but gives visitors more sense that they can take action together against players who want to ruin it for others.

I do not know if anyone has already mentioned this on this forum.

tmplogo.jpg

^^ That would work too. As long as it isn't abusable (ie. a high percentage of people need to report it in order for it to take effect) then I'd say that's perfect. However, it wouldn't be the best because that's only kicking, and an admin would have to manually review it in order for them to get affirmative action taken.

It has its ups and downs but I still think that would be a well deserved improvement.

2 hours ago, SDCore said:

^^

Why are you assuming that admins will only pay attention to those reports inside the CD area and only pay attention to those with lots of reports?

Oh, is that not exactly what is being suggested here? So, setting a priority system to deal with players with many reports, but letting admins do whatever they want? That's pointless. If someone suggests to change a system that it's already working, that someone wants that the changes are used, it's ridiculous to say: "Let's allow any players to be reported many times, so the admins can see which ones seem to be more troublesome" and then say "but hey, admins don't need to pay attention to the numbers, they can do as they please". So why change?? Let the current system as it is. Anyways, I'd bet that 90% of the admins' current work during peak hours is dealing with all the people on the well-known troubled area. Not only the suggestion is asking for admins to pay MORE attention to that area, it's asking to prioritize among the reports coming from that area. I'd love to know an admin's POV about this, about how many reports they see coming from C-D and how many from any other places. In case you didn't notice, I don't need to assume when I can read things like these:

21 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Not every report is equal and some should be dealt with by the admins quicker than other reports.

20 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

The system we want implemented is one that would just track how many players have reported someone to allow for admins to easily spot the biggest issues

20 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

All that matters should be identifying the trolls causing the biggest problems for the most users. 

8 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Everyone is equal but unfortunately the many outweigh the needs of the few.

If that's not asking for admins to focus on the C-D area, then my English understanding skills must be as horrible as my writing ones. Or maybe there's someone who thinks that those statements can mean "outside the C-D area"? Unless something changes and people stop going there like headless chickens, we all know where the biggest issues affecting the most users are found. And even when the majority of the players in the server are outside that area, they are spreaded all around the map, so they'll never be "the many" to outweight "the few" that are concentrated on a single road.

1 hour ago, [DND]Bull[NL] said:

What might be possible is that if someone is rammed or blocks other trucks, a vote kick session will be started by a player.
Depending on the vote "Up" or "Down", by several players against the player who misbehave then this player automatically removed (kick) from the server.

This kind of system is used in many online games, this kind of system would also be possible within ETS and ATS i think.

I believe that it has been already suggested and rejected. Because it would be too easily abused. What would be the number of players needed to send a "KICK"? 20? 30? You only need a medium sized convoy of immature players to see all other players in their way being kicked for no other reason that driving there. I don't know about those other games, but let's not forget that there lots of kids playing MP, many of them in groups, would you really trust them with that power?

Spoiler

(Yeeees, I knoooow, there are young kids that play very responsibly, but are they the majority of them or just exceptions?)

56 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I believe that it has been already suggested and rejected. Because it would be too easily abused. What would be the number of players needed to send a "KICK"? 20? 30? You only need a medium sized convoy of immature players to see all other players in their way being kicked for no other reason that driving there. I don't know about those other games, but let's not forget that there lots of kids playing MP, many of them in groups, would you really trust them with that power?

Reveal hidden contents

(Yeeees, I knoooow, there are young kids that play very responsibly, but are they the majority of them or just exceptions?)

I though it was already on this form that's why i say at last "I do not know if anyone has already mentioned this on this forum."
You have right that i can be abused but this was a simple example  you can do this on many ways, abuse of the system you can also control better if you would.
I fully agree with you  that the majority is underage but with which MP game this is not the case.
Admins do their best to tackle the abusers if no admin is available to do the report at the moment, the only solution is report the person on the site.

tmplogo.jpg

Compared to how the report systems were even a couple of months ago the current system works a lot better then it did.

If the in-game report method doesn't work for you. Record and report on the website report system. But do remember admins do have lives IRL so can't stay on the servers 24/7

If you do use website report system accept the fact that at busy time (school holidays for example) these systems will be very busy and it may take a while for someone to look at them.

I feel personally the reporting systems work fine 

signature_cao.png

On 11/18/2017 at 11:53 AM, TheCreepyTruckr said:

@Joao Rodrigues   "Everyone is equal before the law. If a system privileges certain reports, it would infringe this principle."  -  If the fire crews in a city prioritized calls on a first come first serve basis, the city would have burnt to the ground years ago.  If ambulances or hospitals responded with first come first serve instead of triage, many people would have died.  Everyone is equal but unfortunately the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I find your comparison inappropriate.

Emergency services operate in a completely different field than administrators.

Administration must not fail to treat all users equally ("first come, first serve"), otherwise the system will be abused and incidents in abandoned areas will not get the same importance and attention.

Felt useless on ETS2 EU2 because the system always gets flooded with reports.

As for anywhere else; I like it, not having to always submit a video report saves a lot of time and in addition the perpetrator gets banned then and there before he can do more damage.

Mostly the admins are currently inactive, you report someone and then you get the message that no action was taken. So if someone extremely rams me or trolls me I report him. Like yesterday, someone rammed me, my trailer got stuck and i didn't want F7 so i reattached trailer and it worked. And then the same scout drove wrongway to an player.

The in-game reports are not as good as they should be. It takes to long till someone handles the reports. I know there might be a lot reports at the same time (D-C Road) but to prevent trollers, the in-game reports should be handled a bit faster.

Kind regards,

ConSecGroup-GM xXJasonXx

Archived