Your opinions on In-game Reports?

GIMI

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on a sec, you mean in-game reports or web-reports?

Personally I do agree that the in-game ones are far away from good, even w/ the improvements which we got (more reasons, recrded demos of user's last 2 mins and so on), but IMO its still far away from what can be called good and efficient system, because it takes too long while admin watches the recorded demo and takes action.

About web reports: they are the better way to report people, only downfall is that you have to record your gameplay. In exchange of that, it is guaranteed that once you report someone and you put valid evidence and correct TMPID, the perpetrator can't get away.

Hiya GIMIplayer,

As you can hopefully understand, we have a lot of work to deal with. We get a lot of reports in-game each day, and as such, its hard for us to deal with each and every one as soon as they come in. Sometimes, due to a hefty backlog, reports time-out, and there is nothing we can do to stop this unfortunately. You say that the judgement is often too 'moderate' - we choose a correct and fair punishment depending on each and every case. Sometimes, a ban is needed, sometimes a kick or no action, its really report dependant, and what the offence is. If you don't like the way the reports are dealt with, then you should record your gameplay, and report via the website.

In terms of Web Reports, waiting times have been drastically decreased over the past few weeks, and as such, using the website report system is far more effective as of current than the in-game one. You are guaranteed to get your report dealt with, no matter how long it takes. Just make sure you provide sufficient evidence.

If you want to discuss this with me further, or have any questions above the above, feel free to drop me a private message.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Hello GIMIplayer

Managers have private lives, you need to consider, it may take a very long time to look at reports. we need to be patient. 

22 minutes ago, Berk Koc [TR] said:

Hello GIMIplayer

Managers have private lives, you need to consider, it may take a very long time to look at reports. we need to be patient. 

my opinion in that direction.

2 hours ago, Aestrial said:

Hiya GIMIplayer,

As you can hopefully understand, we have a lot of work to deal with. We get a lot of reports in-game each day, and as such, its hard for us to deal with each and every one as soon as they come in. Sometimes, due to a hefty backlog, reports time-out, and there is nothing we can do to stop this unfortunately. You say that the judgement is often too 'moderate' - we choose a correct and fair punishment depending on each and every case. Sometimes, a ban is needed, sometimes a kick or no action, its really report dependant, and what the offence is. If you don't like the way the reports are dealt with, then you should record your gameplay, and report via the website.

In terms of Web Reports, waiting times have been drastically decreased over the past few weeks, and as such, using the website report system is far more effective as of current than the in-game one. You are guaranteed to get your report dealt with, no matter how long it takes. Just make sure you provide sufficient evidence.

If you want to discuss this with me further, or have any questions above the above, feel free to drop me a private message.

Don't consider this as a "rant" towards you personally, this is just a matter of efficency of the whole in-game admin staff. Something's wrong with the current system, all I want to point is that 50 or so in-game admins isn't quite enough for this playerbase at this moment. This is just a note for whom ever leads the in-game admin team that we need more "firepower" in which case at least 10 or 20 admins are always on EU2 server, doing only in-game reports (no cruising around in police Skodas) and at least 5 to 10 admins who will resolve the web reports. I think I explained myself pretty good so I suppose you'll understand what am I pointing at? Again, this has nothing to do with you personally, just an opinion of mine on this whole situation with unanswered in-game reports. Cheers.

Overall I don't mind the report system, however I definitely feel that it can be improved.  The main change that I would like to see would be a less forgiving punishment system.   I understand that mistakes happen, but a one week ban for the first offense is not unreasonable in my opinion.  The second change I would like to see is some consistency among administrator punishments.  I've witnessed/recorded players driving wrong way on C-D road with 90+ players in the list causing accidents and ramming others.  One admin banned a player for a single day as a punishment while another banned someone for 7 days.  I don't mind the reports being at admin discretion for certain things like small accidents, like taking a turn to wide, but I think that some rules, like overtaking on C-D, should have set punishments. 

And while my final point isn't about the report system technically, I really wish you guys would make it a rule to not save the game on a road.  When we're able to load the game in single player and re-position ourselves, there is no excuse to load into multiplayer traffic.

@Tohsaka Rin I have to agree with you on certain points, but there's a few things that I'd like to clarify and elaborate on: Firstly, all IGA's have real life's to live as well; we can't be online 24/7, and be constantly in-game. We have a IGA team that is spilt across many time zones, and as such, there is bound to be at least one IGA online all the time. You say that the current size of the IGA team isn't suited to the player base: the IGA team has expanded recently, bringing in five new IGA's, and introducing new Trial Admins, which has helped in terms of website report numbers a lot. As I mentioned with my above comment, there is thousands of in-game reports each day, meaning its very hard for us as an admin team to deal with each and every. We as IGA's have guidelines to meet to ensure that we stay active, and do out 'fair share' of the work. Every single admin in team has to do a certain amount of work a month. You'll most likely find more new IGA's in the future, depending on what the Managers decide.

In regards to @Atra's question: web report waiting times have been drastically reduced over the past few weeks with the introduction of the Trial Admins: You'll most likely find that your reports will get dealt with in around 2-3 days, but its heavily dependant on the activity of the IGA's at the time, and the amount of reports that come in each day. Just for the record: your reports will never get ignored, each and every report will be dealt with, however long it takes. You have to recognise however, that only a month ago, report waiting times were around 10 days slower than now, and I hope you appreciate the reduction in time that you as players have to wait for your reports to be dealt with.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Just to add to what has been said, the ingame report system was improved to make sure perpetrators are brought to justice as it records your last 2mins gameplay and the IGA who claimed the report has to view it and then take action.

Is it efficient? I would say yes because it stores evidence to make sure justice is served. In comparison to the old system that did not record, there were many cases of IGA's claiming ingame reports and by the time they got on the scene,

the perpetrator has either disconnected or the incident has happened and the perpetrator gets away with it. Both system (the old and new) has pros and cons but the advantages of the new system outweighs its disadvantages as there is

always evidence to act upon when the report is claimed by an IGA ingame.

@TheCreepyTruckr having a unified system with regards to ban length is a work in progress within the team. We have general set lengths for how long a ban should be as it pertains to the offence but these lengths are guidelines and not rules

for the IGA's and that's why you'll find out that most IGAs tend to give the same duration for common offences especially when it comes to web reports. When ingame during an IGA session, ban lengths differ from IGA to IGA based on many 

factors such as viewpoint (how well the IGA saw the incident); speed (sometimes there is too much going on at the same time and this means banning or kicking to restore order and as such time, much thought may not be given to ban length).

This is why IGA's are encouraged to work based on their discretion especially when ingame because during a live session, a lot can happen in a short while and the priority at the time is always restoring order.

On the other hand if a player feels the ban length is excessive then he/she can state this in their appeal and if nothing is done, then use the feedback email and management would look into it and see that justice is done.

If we are talking about web reports, I just love it .. All my reports were solved as fast as possible ( A lot of my reports were solved under 5mins ) with positive reaction.

Ingame report .. I'm not using that, my experience with this system is .. it is doing nothing, reported a lot of drivers and all messages was ''No action taken against player'' I hope the answer is like that.

The web reports are the best solution in the current case. It is quite impossible to check every and single in-game report, as they are countless. If you really want people to be punished, the best solution is to have a recording software on, or an instant-replay, which is the better option in my case and spend a few minutes to fill the report form.

Regarding moderate responses to reports, I think it's important to remember that if the intention of the driver was not to cause a spectacular crash then there should be leeway even if they are wrong. This isn't real life after all, there should be plenty of leg room for mistakes and poor judgement. I've reported a few drivers, and in hindsight I don't think I really should have, even though they were clearly in the wrong. I imagine I've been reported and forgiven as well, which is good because despite causing my own dumb accidents in my newbie way the intent was never to ruin the game for others.

^

It would be cool, but coming up with a in-game way to save and send video to the admins that doesn't drastically reduce performance to the player would be quite difficult. They would need a system that records gameplay in the backround at all times while you play, without lowering frames or taking up much resources. That's probably why this isn't something you see done everywhere in every game. Sure they can check server logs for chat violations, but nothing serverside will tell them about people's driving behaviors . There generally is no fail-safe method of tracking behavior like that. It's not like they can safely just go based off what they see on a live map. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

On 10/21/2017 at 6:28 PM, GIMIcze said:

If they don’t have enough time for truckersmp, then they shouldn’t be in a-team.

Hmmm I suppose this would be a good time for you to be banned from the game, as I doubt you've been playing for 24/7.   Such high standards from children who can't hold up to them :D

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening together...

so I gotta talk about the report system. Everytime I'm reporting a player, which is doing heavy rule breaking again and again, I'm getting the same and boring response: "No action was taken against..."...

But once my convoy mate made an emergeny brake and headed on the oncoming lane to avoid collision and then accidently collided with a speeding truck, he got banned for 2 days?!

Seems to unfair and arbitrarily. I really love the mp mod, having a lot of fun and so on. But that kind of support/report is max a 2 out of 5.

What is your experience with the report system? I'm definitely not wasting my time for 12 year old kids to upload a video for every report.

Greets :)

• Game Producer

The report system is good, better than months ago. We can't review every in-game report, hence the response message that you get. It doesn't mean that an admin checked your report and declined it.. You get that message mostly when there's no admin available during the time your report is in the queue.

I'm still not the same opinion...

The problem is a player can only be reported by a single other  player, so a Admin will never know how many people tried to report this player, isn't it?

If a player gets reported by 20-30 other players, a Admin could easily know that something is not going it's right way... but if he can only get reported by a single person, it's statement vs statement...

Archived