Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

How did you find out about ATS & ETS 2?

LordBenji

I haven't seen any topics dedicated to this, so I thought about asking that question.

How did you find out about Euro Truck Simulator 2 (or American Truck Simulator)?

First time I've heard about that game goes a long way back in time. If I recall correctly, I was watching one of those Youtubers called Keralis at that time. It has been like 4 years ago.

Spoiler

Also, this my my oldest screenshot ever. Can you guess when I took it?

Spoiler

sTFwGMd.jpg

According to my Facebook post, it was uploaded the 18th of October 2013. That's how old it is... I've been player for 4 years already.

Also that was a cracked version of the game. I had it for quite a while as I only got Steam since the 4th of May 2014, and I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 on it.

For American Truck Simulator, I've heard about the game a long time before it came out. I think I've first heard it on SCS blog, I'm not quite sure on that one.

But what I know for sure is that I bought it very shortly after the Facebook post announced its release. One day before the planned release date, on the 2nd of February 2016.

This is my first picture ever which I took on the 3rd of February. Yep, I was driving a modded truck (Peterbilt).

Spoiler

oY0nuHD.png

So I can't wait to know how you guys got into these trucking games. :D 

KkdaC1b.png

I found ETS2 when from the Yogscast, when they livestreamed it for their charity Christmas livestream.

Spoiler

My first screenshot in ETS2 (which was actually in MP ;)):

Spoiler

20CE1F4EA55917594319B0F9B1F57FD1092CFB0C

After becoming quite a fan of SCS Software's work, I heard about ATS, a whole new possiblility and different trucks :D

My first ATS screenshot (also in MP ;)):

Spoiler

BABE1FBD823397EE7F6E07BA81C1DDED77959900

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Interesting stories guys!

I was in college from 2013 to 2015 in computer programming, and I played a lot of ETS 2. At first I was on single player with a bunch of mods. Then one of my friends got me into multiplayer. I remember searching for "euro truck simulator 2 multiplayer". I don't know why I feel like it was different, but I guess it's the same, as it was ets2mp, then it became truckersmp.

Also this was my first screenshot in ETS 2 on multiplayer.

Spoiler

izRxHcp.png

KkdaC1b.png

My very best mate was on Steam and wanted me to join too. Firt we played Sniper Zombie Elite and he knew that I like trucks and driving simulator games. Then ETS2 was a few € off and he gave me a present via Steam. From this day on I played this game and its very interesting. I like trucks in real life and look to it on the highway and rest stations. Altough I read the magazines: "Trucker" and "Fernfahrer"

I first found out about ETS2 about a couple of months before ETS2MP was even announced as an online beta way back in mid-2014 when I watched some ETS2 clips from a couple of YouTube streamers, such as Keralis (who later drove with Squirrel from the UK to Poland in Multiplayer via Europort when it was not jammed). 

I acquired a copy of ETS2 in December 2014 which was about eight months before I joined TruckersMP and I played heavily in Single Player acquiring a load of achievements and becoming a professional driver, and I took advantage of the skill that I had in SP to apply that to Multiplayer. 

Saw it on sale on Steam and was like "Well another shitty simulator I'm sure". But I was bored and curious at the same time so I searched for it on youtube and found Squirrel's channel which showed me how wrong my assumptions were....

It was just over 2 years ago when I discovered ETS2, can't remember how I found the video but I came across and watched a video of someone playing MP with a friend so I thought it looked good and bought it :) played it for a while and then tried mp - couldn't park and no auto park so quit MP and didn't play in MP again for months :wacko:

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

So... when I was younger. About 13-14 I found some simulation games on youtube as I was looking for simulator games which I could drive a car on. And I kept looking at the simulation videos becoming more of a fan for simulation games, I then searched up simulation games on google and there was UK truck simulator as well as Bus simulator and Euro Truck Sim 1 & 2. I downloaded the demo version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 to find out I need a CD Key for it xD So one day I was up town with my parents and I begged to my parents to go look in game. I then found Euro Truck Simulator 2 in a CD case brand new and I said to my parents that I had to have it. So I got the game and came home and straight away turned on my laptop. I opened up ets2 and loaded in the cd key with the CD itself. After a while I found out I could put it on my steam account which I did. It then gave me the updated version of ets2 without the non copyrighted truck names. (Shoutout to Majestic) And later on I found TruckersMP which it was originally known as 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' and where you could see majority of the people who are on the server getting banned in chat. 

I'm groing up with trucks that is why i played 18 Wheels of Steel that is for now 12 years ago.
Then Euro Truck 1 was coming en played this game alot, next game was Euro Truck 2 and when i saw that they come with MP version i was verry happy for gaming online with other players.
I play ETS2MP from the begin and still drive almost everyday with friends, this is the best game i ever played, the game is getting better and better and have respect for those people who making this possible for all people that play ETS2MP.

tmplogo.jpg

Well, I started with trucks in a SAMP server (which is over now, sadly). By the middle-end of 2015, some of my friends from there bought the game and started talking about, and and at certain point one of them found about ETS2MP, which led the rest of us to buy the game too (no group pressure ofc aye).

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

That's really nice to hear you all. :) 

Euro Truck Simulator 2 was the very first simulator kind of game that I ever played. I've played a few other simulator games, but the ones that I played the most are ETS 2, FS 17, ATS and FS 15. I had a friend who called me farmer Benji lol. :D I'm also looking forward a few games in the future, like Pure Farming 2018 and Identity RPG.

KkdaC1b.png

I don't exactly remember how I found out about ETS2.

The most viable option is that one day, while I was browsing channels on Twitch, I saw someone playing ETS2 and I loved it.
Then I searched a lot of things about trucks and such, and that's how started a great hobby of mine.

I found out about it from the YTber called Squirrel (Know then as DaSquirrelNuts) So at first , I only watched videos on ets. Then, on the christmas of 2016, ETs2 had a sale on steam. So my dad bought it for me. I have over 300 hours now and I have playing ever since.  https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/full_image.php?id=000000000028B4BD&cdn=1 oldest recorded screenshot ( 2016)

Archived