Own a company or drive for a company?

FuelingAround

Which do you prefer starting and managing a company or driving for one? I have my own company ( Stack Shakers Trucking) and have found that people leave for what ever reasons or let them go due to poor driving standards / exceptions. I'm thinking of just letting it go and just get back to driving for my self.  

I think it would be fun to own one, but I just don't think I have the time to manage one. As I already manage other teams outside of ATS & ETS so driving for a company is the perfect fit for me. 

Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.

I'd rather go as a lone wolf. For a new VTC it's pretty hard to get a decent amount of employees, because all the "big" VTC's like VIVA TRUCKING and whatnot got the biggest community.

But if I had to choose between owning a VTC or joining a VTC, I'd rather go and join a stable VTC with a good community inside it and owners that aren't arrogant and high demanding (Like I had in the past, for example I had to drive 5000km per day in a VTC)

Don't get the wrong idea as this is just a personal opinion.

We are between Lone Wolf and VTC.
We drive with a regular small group friends almost every day in the evening and night.
Convoys we do not have to plan becourse we always ride together, rides system is not important to us It does not matter to us.
It's all about fun and cosiness and without all the rules you have with a VTC.
We had always play in a big Netherlands VTC and have our own VTC but now we drive if you can and that's it, no rules and other things only driving is for us the best and we love how we do it.
There good VTC's, but for me is how we do the best way to play ETS2MP.

tmplogo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Depends.

Owning a Company means having more responsibilities towards your drivers and your staff. However, you have the power to do stuff like events, meetings and such.

Being a drivers brings less responsibilities and makes you enjoy more the gaming experience. But you have just that.

I would say try, try again and never stop trying. It's hard for newer VTCs to launch in the current situation because there's so much choice and bigger VTC are very well aware of that, so they try to differenciate from others to give their drivers what they're looking for.

But it's not impossible. Just try and create something unique that brings people towards you and not away from you and your VTC.

• 2 weeks later...

For myself, I like to remain impartial and therefore have no preference over any company. However, I would much prefer to drive for one than own one. Managing teams of people throughout the day then coming home and doing more would probably get a bit tiring. Whereas if you're just a driver you have a more relaxing time.

Kind regards,

Matthew

So simple, many want to be part of the fame and do not want to do their part to make the company much better, as some members come to demand positions or ranks without winning before (but want to be part of the company and get fame).

In my opinion, I advise you not to give up and see what else you can improve in your company, that is, put your limits and do not let anyone tell you how to manage your company, if someone has an idea, because he shares it with you in private and You analyze it.

Go ahead as I have my company SLT (Shark Logistic Transport) and something similar happens, then it is to improve things a little.

Greetings.

Just goes to show you how much they care about the core game when they bring out DLC after DLC instead of updating the base game.

There is alot they could do for the base game itself to improve it, companies is 1 area where they could expand on and improve, they refuse to do this and instead focus on a cash cow idea of more DLC and to hell with the base game.

Personally I drive alone, when I come back into the game from a break I enjoy it but it doesn't last long, it gets very repetitive after a few weeks and then I take another break away. There is no point to companies at the moment, my money goes through the roof well into the millions, what am I supposed to do with it all other than buy another truck?

So much more could be done with the game if they could be bothered to do it, unfortunately I think it's in the wrong hands and it's also unfortunate nobody else has took on the developer to bring their own simulator out

^The thread is about Virtual Trucking Companies, not the in game company system.

I personally like being a driver for the VTC that I'm part of. I've run clans, guilds and crews on other MMOs and  running them took too much of the enjoyment out of the game for me.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

3 hours ago, [ST-LH] Cal said:

^The thread is about Virtual Trucking Companies, not the in game company system.

I personally like being a driver for the VTC that I'm part of. I've run clans, guilds and crews on other MMOs and  running them took too much of the enjoyment out of the game for me.

All links to the same thing at the end of the day, if the in game companies was much better there would be little or no need for VTC. I wouldn't own or drive for a VTC either just to be clear.

I've been in several VTCs and there's things I like and things I don't like, but it all comes down to personal preference. I personally can't stand the nagging of being "required" to drive a certain amount. Look, I love this game and have been playing it a long time, but like any game, I get bored with it for a while and go play other games but I always come back to it.

It's the same reason I don't do clans in other games anymore. I don't like commitment (except to my wife).

knepgi-5.png

53 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

All links to the same thing at the end of the day, if the in game companies was much better there would be little or no need for VTC. I wouldn't own or drive for a VTC either just to be clear.

Not sure how the in game companies links to VTCs. The in game company is just a way of being able to earn money whilst also driving your own truck to earn money. Being in a VTC is being part of a community that also love to play truck driving games and gives the opportunity for people to meet other like minded people, so they're completely different in that regard. Also, some VTCs don't just concentrate on 2 games(ETS2/ATS). At Stobart Trucking, we all play a variety of different games including FSX, X-Plane 11, GTA V, Farming Simulator, ARMA and plenty of other games that have multiplayer elements to them, so they don't just have to be aimed at the lorry driving, although that is the main aim of being in a VTC.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

I think what many people underestimate is the amount of work that has to be invested in order to get and keep a division running. Sure, you could just create a VTC, open a thread here in the forums à la 'Here i am, now come and join my cool new VTC' and then just stop doing anything afterwards. But i can almost certainly guarantee that a strategy like that will let you end up with a dead duck as a VTC, you simply won't be able to keep the members active and satisfied with your company if you don't run it properly. That of course means doing regular events, being active within the community and giving the members the feeling that their opinion counts as well.

@Curve I totally understand what you are referring to. In my opinion ETS 2/ATS is still a game, and i can understand that some VTC owners want to grant an active community by setting a minimum amount of required playtime per week. But i think that's just the wrong approach. In fact i think if you are doing a good job, you don't even need something like that. Because once everything is going the way it should, the majority of the community will be online almost every day, even if it's not just for trucking alone, just because they enjoy spending time with their VTC-colleagues. As mentioned above, it heavily depends on your own preferences where you feel comfortable, but in my opinion it can be so rewarding if you have found the right VTC to join. Fortunately for me this was instantly the case with the first company i joined. I never regretted that decision, as i would have missed being part of such a great community where i found lots of good friends over time...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

I would choose to drive for a company and not to make one, in my eyes it is to much work if you are a boss of a company

---------------United Cargo Logistics--------------

Feel free and apply at:

https://www.unitedcargovtc.com/

Or join our Discord

Rules  Feedback - Help - Bug Report

WorldOfTrucks

Proud TruckersMP Member

--

The only reason why anyone should start a community is to make an impact in others lives. Otherwise, it's best to leave that job to someone who can dedicate their time and money to hosting that responsibility. Personally, I've dedicated most of my free time to owning and maintaining my company. I would never look back on joining one because of the responsibility I hold for others. 

Archived