Spawn system

[ CST ] nokyja SVK

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  GPU : MSI Geforce RTX 2060  MOTHERBOARD :  ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING MEMORY : ADATA XPG  16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz  SSD :  CORSAIR 120GB  550MB - 500MB  SSD  : SAMSUNG 250GB 860 550MB - 520MB SSD  : ADATA 480GB SU630 520MB - 450MB  CASE : Cooler Master MasterBox MB511  PSU : Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+

Players spawning in the middle of the road is a regular occurrence on the C-D road during the off-peak hours (especially when player numbers go up) because there is not as much traffic during the 05:30 UTC period and some spawn in the road to make up for the lack of reckless drivers so that others take damage or ram into them unintentionally. 

^^ Not true. You choose how you launch the game, so you know that you can spawn in the middle of a crowded road if you connect in EU#2 server at peak hours. Instead, you can choose to launch SP or MP in an almost empty server. Once you spawn, drive to a safe spot, save, exit and then you can launch the game again connecting in whatever server you want without risks. But most people are too lazy to do that and why should they? It's not bannable, if someone crashes into your truck when it spawns, that someone can do nothing against you and if you got damage, you can just load again the previous savegame and pray that this time there will be no one coming...

IMO, there should be a rule against spawning anywhere if it's not safe and people who do so should be banned. It's the same as reckless driving, only this would be "reckless spawning". Maybe with such rule, people would start exiting their games only when their trucks are out of the way and take the time to launch SP and drive away in case their games crashed.

^ Fernando, did you watch his video? His in-game contract unintentionally teleported him into the middle of the road... 

I agree with @DrEGZo, it is occasionally out of a given person's control if they end up spawning in the middle of the road.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

^^ I've been there, but he had plenty of time off the road, he could have Alt+F4. It's what I did when it happened to me and I wasn't even off the road, it was just a network glitch while I was driving peacefully, saw the "Synchronization with WoT failed" and did the Alt+F4 trick immediately because I knew it would teleport me back on the road to a random point. Then I launched SP to make sure I wouldn't cause an accident when spawning. So I insist, it's avoidable. If you want to, of course.

EDIT: To add another possible situation: Those people that start driving as soon as the game starts, still in the queue, and spawn not only in the middle of the road, but also while driving on that road, most of the times too fast to avoid any crashes if someone is around. This (drive and spawn while in the queue) should also be bannable and even harder than just spawning while stopped. It's totally reckless.

15 hours ago, LUIG said:

The name is very visible, would give voice time in your truck, So I think this is not reason to ban

Att - LUIG

Are you sure you always see the name of the player? So I just uploaded a video where the opposite is true and the idiot logged in when it was in the opposite direction, I'm definitely going to get a ban on the road on the way, the name of the player I absolutely did not see. This is a record a few seconds after the video I put at the beginning of the discussion.

Link:

You will not see any players names if you have disabled its visbility with F11.

As @FernandoCR [ESP] correctly stated, it is the players choice to log in multiplayer or singleplayer.

That is why I do not agree with @DrEGZo and @Mirrland:
Spawning in the middle of the road can always be avoided. It is just a question of taking the time to log into singleplayer game first and reposition your vehicle to a place that is safe for everybody.

See also:

23 hours ago, LUIG said:

The name is very visible, would give voice time in your truck, So I think this is not reason to ban

Att - LUIG

Name being visible or not, you can't spawn in the road. I for example play with the names hidden, so I would not have seen it. Many others also do. Just because the name is visible it does not make it correct.

In response to:

c_WuvOMTRoGVdzm6nsiLwQ.png

^ I think that you need to look up the definition of unintentional, if you actually watched the entirety of the video that @DrEGZo posted, you quite clearly see that the game teleported him there anyway, he did not choose to be teleported...

^

Yes, he chose to be teleported.

The game stated in a message, that it cannot calibrate his current position with World of Trucks and that it will load its last known position, which he confirmed by clicking on OK.

It was careless to confirm that teleport, because the position that the game would teleport him to was unknown to him at that time.

^ That's his choice, but it's unfair to players as that could just be a regular game mechanic to them.

It would be unfair to ban someone for merely pressing 'OK', particularly when there's no other option. 

Forcing a player to ALT + F4 for something that isn't their fault doesn't seem right in any way.

Same applies for game crashes, they could be expecting to spawn in a different area, but they will just spawn in their previous autosave location.

If you know it's busy on the road, go to SP and put your truck safe on the side.
Then log back in on MP, but many people think this will take too long and just log in again  so there's a chance of spawning in another truck.
It's not nice but how many times it happens to you yourself, for me not very much maybe 2 or 3 times at +2000 hours of ETS2MP.
Maybe on C-D route it's worse, but I avoid this road because there are worse things than spawn in someone else truck.

tmplogo.jpg

Creating a rule that forces players to hit alt+f4  is just... nope, sorry. 

NEW RULE ADDED - SPAWNING ON ROAD - BAN

You mustn't spawn on the road. If your game crashes, launch the game in SP, find a proper place to park, close your game, launch it again in MP, connect to the server. You can go on now. 

If WoT forces you to recover your last known position on the street because another player has rammed you out of the map which was definitely not your fault, hit alt+f4 and launch the game again in SP, find a proper place to park, close your game, launch it again in MP, connect to the server. You can go on now. 

If this is the rule you want, then all I can say is... nope. I will not support this idea.

That is not problem I think mate . Because if spawn will be fobbidden , people will get bored with Multiplayer . Mutliplayer starting to be more popular . Don't need hard rules . For example , in one day how many people spawning front of you ? Maybe one , or two . It is acceptable I think . We cant know who had which problem . And spawned

İVECO'S

2 hours ago, DrEGZo said:

If WoT forces you to recover your last known position on the street because another player has rammed you out of the map

I don't know what others do, but if that happens to me, I have no problems in hitting Alt+F4. For starters, that situation usually means that your cargo will be greatly damaged and that you'll get no profit from ending the job, so what's the point in keeping with it? I'd do the Alt+F4, launch SP, cancel that job, choose a new one and then, from a safe place, exit and go back into MP. Anyone who has done enough WoT jobs knows that the damage in the cargo can't be recovered by loading savegames or any other way, if your trailer is ruined, it'll stay ruined. And if you re-spawn so happily, you can cause another player just the same damage you had received earlier.

Anyway, there are no rules for this and the suggestions made to create them have been rejected or simply ignored, so you, the people who don't care where your vehicle will appear when you connect to the server, have nothing to worry about. I'll keep taking the time to do things right. Some idiot destroyed my cargo? That doesn't mean that I have the right to appear anywhere and maybe destroy another player's cargo.

^

A non-collision feature is not a safe solution.

Only imagine if a player spawns into a traffic jam.

Remember, spawning in the middle of the road can also be abused.

For example, a player located in an area with high traffic density (Calais-Duisburg) could intentionally log out of multiplayer and immediately log back in.

IMHO, spawning on roads (excluding emergency lanes) and in areas where there exist an abnormal risk to damage other players vehicles and/ or trailers (e.g. high populated areas) should fall under and should be added to in-game rule §2.18 Reckless Driving.

Archived