ATS only: Screenshots during drive

RapidFellow

Suggestion name: as above...

Suggestion description: For ATS, there should be the ability to take screenshots without stopping before

Example images: Nope, didn't want to stop in the middle of the highway for taking some ;) 

Why it should be added:

Sooo... first of all, I am aware of the fact that there's already a suggestion similar to this one which was declined. Reason:

There was a reason why this has been implemented and TruckersMP is not going to remove that restriction anytime soon because of the above-mentioned reason. Having the scroll-lock quick save function in-game is already the worst what can happen when you are driving behind somebody without the required safety distance. However, being able to take screenshots while driving would make this even worse as the lag is not only a split second but much longer, thus causing higher risks of crashing. Additionally, there are some recording software programs such as Nvidia's GeForce Experience which allow taking screenshots during the drive. 

But nevertheless, my suggestion is a biiiit different from this one, since it should only apply for ATS. So I hope it won't be immediately rejected - it's a new suggestion!

I totally agree that this can be abused to freeze the game and cause a crash. And in ETS2, this would be a total disaster (just imagine what would happen at CD ;) )

BUT

There's nothing like CD on ATS. The map is usually empty like a desert. An abuse of this function will almost never happen, since it's not common that other players are driving behind you.

I suggest an exception for ATS, since there are already some exceptions for ATS due to the missing chaos.

Remember: You're not allowed to take doubles out of Scandinavia (would be a total disaster). But you are allowed to take triples out of Nevada - since it's not necessary to prohibit it because ATS is not as crowded as ETS2.

Hence, this is a suggestion for another exception.

And of course - this is not the only reason ;)

ATS has a great landscape and it would be cool if we were able to capture that without being forced to stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, novice said:

lmao
open config and set g_steam_screenshots "1" and you will be able to take screenshots while moving

This solution is good!

But: For players who don't know this, this would be good! It's a bit irritating to stop every time!

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------

Former 743469563_role_SupportManager.png.780765

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.