The end of Teamspeak 3

14 hours ago, [DND]Bull[NL] said:

TeamSpeak you must pay for, Discord is Free and the quality of Discord is the same.
Discord is getting better and better, the quality for a free service as Discord is perfect for small and big groups of gamers.

Discord free, TS not...but TS has more options for the administrator as long as you have an own and not a ts what is hosted by someone else.

For me Discord is more a chat with the possibilty to talk and Teamspeak is a voice program with the possibility to chat ;)

Windows 10Pro - Intel i7 11700k - MSI Z590 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi -  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 2TB 860 EVO - 1TB 860 EVO -

750W BeQuiet Straight Power E11 CM - Fractal Design Define XL R2 - 2x16GB Corsair Vengance 3600MHz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Like i know, the TS Server still exist, just not as the official TruckersMP TS ;).

But what is the new Domain for the TS Server?

Windows 10Pro - Intel i7 11700k - MSI Z590 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi -  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 2TB 860 EVO - 1TB 860 EVO -

750W BeQuiet Straight Power E11 CM - Fractal Design Define XL R2 - 2x16GB Corsair Vengance 3600MHz

On 10/17/2017 at 11:46 PM, [ITL-Stv] Munin666 [GER] said:

Discord free, TS not...but TS has more options for the administrator as long as you have an own and not a ts what is hosted by someone else.

For me Discord is more a chat with the possibilty to talk and Teamspeak is a voice program with the possibility to chat ;)

That couldn't have been said any better, nailed it lol :P

^

I have to say I disagree. Not on the second part, but the first...

If you consider servers, Discord is free and TS is not.

Either you rent a server, you rent a VPS and have your own TS server (that way even without a license you pay) or you have an extra PC in your house, that way you pay the electricity bill.

However, you get the added bonus of deciding when your server is reachable and when it is not. Discord does have server issues occasionally, and if that's the case you can't do anything about it. TeamSpeak however requires no login servers and no server list. Your server will only be down as you or your hoster shuts it down. And you can even decide to take your server offline, whereas you would need to delete your Discord server for that.

And now let's stop looking at the servers and rather look at the client:

With Discord, you get the option to pay for Nitro, with TeamSpeak, there is no way to pay for your client. So "Discord free, TS not" works the other way around as well.

"TS has more options for the administrator" is unprecise. TS only offers you Join Power and doesn't let you subscribe to a channel (= doesn't let you see what is inside the channel, but you can still see that the channel exists) as you can assign channels to certain groups and even make channels vanish for certain groups with Discord. Therefore, even if one has more options than the other, I would rather say that they offer different options for the administrator.

All in all, that makes them both very competitive but for now none of them will supersede the other.

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

^

Well, that's my point of view based on my observations as I both own a Discord and TeamSpeak server. Already from a theoretical perspective, as it was nicely put before in this thread, "Discord is more a chat with the possibilty to talk and Teamspeak is a voice program with the possibility to chat". That plus what I wrote about different possibilities for admins to me seems to be the reason why none of the two will "kill" the other any time soon.

On my TeamSpeak server, I have not recognized any reduced activity of my userbase (except for my own, that is ^^). But I would say Discord communities, especially bigger ones, are based on the aspect of chatting without being connected to voice, a feature TeamSpeak does not have. That works well especially for all the partnered communities and the TruckersMP Discord is probably a good example of that, too.

Edited by flybel

policeceptionsig.thumb.jpg.9ceaf39140d55cb4d0a6821e8ebbe3dd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 8:37 AM, [ITL-Stv] Munin666 [GER] said:

But what is the new Domain for the TS Server?

@[ITL-Stv] Munin666 [GER]  I posted the new TS3 Adress right in the begining of this topic... Wont post it again because that would be advertising... but you can go back to the first page and see my original Reply to Tuxy's post!

Regards, Z

EDIT: i almost forgot... you can also click on my TMP profile button... TS Adress is in my profile page to!

76561198099032395.png