Non kick parking - triggered by applying the Parking Brake

Topher

I couldn't find information if anything like this exist so I am posting on here.

Suggestion Name:  Non kick parking - triggered by applying the Parking Brake

Suggestion Description: A parking feature that won't allow a player to be kicked from server when in park except when an admin forces one of course. Simply applying the parking brake in the truck to activate this feature. Only triggered at designated spots like a rest stop or where there is no collision.

Any example images:  None

Why should it be added?: I think this should be added because it would greatly reduce the stress on rushing/finding a load especially when in a group, or going afk for a smoke or to use the bathroom. 

Edited by Topher
  • Upvote 1

The likelihood of this being added is rather low indeed because the current automated AFK-based system will not be changed any time soon because since it was established, that system worked out quite well granting equal opportunities for people who want to join a server which is busy at the moment. You are being kicked because the MP expects you to actively participate instead of being idle the entire day. It is worse enough that admins could abuse the function of not being kicked when they are logged in, however, when this will automatically be added whenever the parking brake is applied, many people are going to abuse it. Especially large convoys who wait half an hour before the actual start will lead to an unnecessary congestion of the server which blocks potentially free spots for other people to play. Other than that, there is more than enough time for going to the bathroom unless it is something bigger or the said room is a few hundred meters away which is highly unlikely. Advantageously, the AFK kick system prevents you from unnecessary smoking breaks which will increase your health!

Lastly, the Project Manager of TruckersMP said the following in another topic:

On 13.8.2015 at 4:40 PM, scarface0359 said:

This is a multiplayer game, you are supposed to play. I understand you want to get some food and do something that could take longer then the allowed AFK time but try to plan your trips.

I mostly eat at the same time so I don't do long jobs 15 minutes before I go eat because I know I'll have to quit the game, which will mess up my cargo deadline.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.