Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

My launcher keeps telling me to update.

Fancy_gamer

Question

19 answers to this question

As soon as you update your launcher, you get a download loop?

Can you take a screenshot of your launcher after you update it?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

I would start with the common basic steps.

1. Repair/Update .Net Framework
  2. Install full library of C++
  3. Use Ethernet cable
  4. Install all Windows Updates
  5. And last, do a clean installation maybe move on Windows 10.

You can find my guide on my signature

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Hi.

I also look for a definitive solution to this and in my intense search to find it I have inquired where the problem that causes it.

The launcher makes obtaining a files.json that indicates the versions of the files that are up to date for the launcher to work correctly. The error is just that, the launcher is downloading a .json from the previous version and a download loop occurs since the new files do not match the md5 hash of files.json.

Pv6aK19.png

The above occurs with the normal connection with my ISP. Google Chrome opens the updated files.json and the launcher opens the old one, this without proxy or different DNS configurations. Also Chrome downloads it from a Cloudflare server in Peru, Lima and the launcher from Santiago, Chile. (I live in chile).

kSk7TcX.png

When using a different connection, such as the phone via tethering, the launcher gets the correct files.json and the download works perfectly. In addition, it obtains the files from the same Cloudflare server in Peru, Lima.

0xfHjzW.png

This is the same question that I asked myself months ago when I raised the same problem. Is it a problem with my internet provider? Windows? Cloudflare? Launcher? I do not have enough evidence to qualify it but I leave it here to see if it is useful. It would be great to draw the attention of the developers of TruckersMP to see how to approach this since I have seen many issues with this problem for a long time here in the forum (not counting those who do not enter the forum and will never know how to fix it).

By the way, I also performed this test on a different computer and also on a virtual machine, under the same network.

Greetings.

Hello @Fancy_gamer,

Many people by using a VPN solves this problem.

• Enable the VPN (Download and install any VPN.)
  • The launcher run as administrator.
  • Install available downloads.
  • Disable VPN.
  • "Launch ETS2" click on the button.

Have fun :)

Edited by DesertEagle26

TIRCI

Alright,

Uninstall the launcher from Program Files, Delete any leftovers from C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP. Re-Install the launcher and run it as admin.

Where did you install the launcher?

That's really weird. While you have the launcher open press F1 and then start downloading the files.

Also disable your Antivirus. I see you are using McAfee hopefully you don't combine it with something else.

Edit: Disable Net Protector 2017 as well if you are using it.

Please read my answer above again since i edit it.

On 6/4/2017 at 3:42 AM, Gonzalox said:
  1. Download Ultrasurf.
  2. Run Ultrasurf.
  3. Open TruckersMP in Administrator Mode.
  4. Install the available updates (only the first run with Ultrasurf), wait for it to finish and Launch button appears.
  5. Exit/Close Ultrasurf.
  6. ???? Profit.

Repeat the operation (steps 2-6)  each time you run TruckersMP.

0dhSgjd.gif

Tell me if there's anything else you wanna discuss on the matter.

Hello again,

Because your problem needs a long discussion for a permanent solution please consider to create a Ticket for further assist.https://support.truckersmp.com/index.php?a=add&category=2

Moved to unsolved because the user fixed his problem but he is looking for a permanent solution.