very low fps

Potions

Question

I was going to play some ets2 but i can't because i am getting 15 fps and i have changed all my graphics setting but no change its allways locked to 15 fps for menus and in the game 10fps, in the past i could play this game at 30fps driving and in the menus 60fps but now thats changed. Is there any way to reset my fps back to the way it was before?

Please iv spent at least 5 hours doing this so anyone please help me

15 answers to this question

What are your system specifications?

A possible solution could be by firing all of your workers and selling all of their trucks.

In addition, I recommend that you disable ‘Development Logging’ in your TAB menu. 

You could also consider updating your PC’s driver software, it might solve the problem.

Lastly, avoid overpopulated areas. Too many people in a given area could be causing your lag issues. 

• Thanks 1

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Well, there's many reasons for this. Firstly, you driving through heavily populated areas. For me, I get 60FPS everywhere, except in Calais or in Duisburg, where I get 10-15FPS on a busy day. TMP is a very resource intensive game. Think about it. You need to load in a load of different trucks, their graphics, their trailers and their interiors. This is quite taxing on a GPU, if it's a low end card.

A possible remedy for this is by setting EVERYTHING to it's lowest value, and closing un-needed programs. Also, if you open up Task Manager, look for ETS2 in the processes list, right click it, then click "go to details". Then when you find ETS2 there, right click it again, then click "Set Priority", then click "High". Once thats done DO NOT CLOSE TASK MANAGER for the entirity of your play time, otherwise this will revert your priority setting back to normal

Hope this helps! If you need more help, feel free to PM me :D I'll be glad to help you further!

• Like 1

@Potions what are the specs of the computer

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  GPU : MSI Geforce RTX 2060  MOTHERBOARD :  ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING MEMORY : ADATA XPG  16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz  SSD :  CORSAIR 120GB  550MB - 500MB  SSD  : SAMSUNG 250GB 860 550MB - 520MB SSD  : ADATA 480GB SU630 520MB - 450MB  CASE : Cooler Master MasterBox MB511  PSU : Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+

9 minutes ago, [SK] - TeR*NOYAN28 said:

Which  screen card you have mate ?? Please check it first . Usually computers having screen card .  You can go settings , and you can choose your game with high performance screen card , you can have 20-30 fps more .because computers using low performance screen card sometimes , you need check settings

Ok i can try that

2 minutes ago, Mirrland said:

What are your system specifications?

A possible solution could be by firing all of your workers and selling all of their trucks.

In addition, I recommend that you disable ‘Development Logging’ in your TAB menu. 

You could also consider updating your PC’s driver software, it might solve the problem.

Lastly, avoid overpopulated areas. Too many people in a given area could be causing your lag issues. 

Processor: AMD A8-7410

Ram: 16GB

64bit processor

AMD R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz but for some reason its changed to R7 M360 do not know how much gb it is

The R7 is for some reason the main gpu

Solution-1

Download the file from the link you provided and remove it from the RAR.

There are 2 resolution options in the file from Rar.

Select your choice and drop it into DOCUMENTATION / EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 2. Answer yes to the incoming questions.

Solution-2

ETS2MP can also make the settings in the photo which I gave the frost problem.

g8a452.jpg

9oy94Q.jpg

Solution-3

As a result of my own tests, Volvo truckers have been convinced that the ETS2MP has gotten higher fps and the Mercedes and Other Truckers have gotten lower FPS. :) 

You are using a laptop to play so don't expect too much. I'd say put all graphics settings to low with 50% scaling, avoid high populated areas and always make sure you have your laptop connected to the charger so you don't have power limits to your graphics card.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

9 hours ago, Istanbullue said:

Is your display card up to date? When was the last time it was updated?

Display Card???? If u mean my driver/ graphics card then yes i have updatted them ahwile ago, when ats had slow fps and then i updatted the graphics card

9 hours ago, ThatCrazyPillow said:

Hello @Potions,

Has your problem been solved?

If so, please let us know by sending a new message here.

Kind Regards,

ThatCrazyPillow

TruckersMP Support & Forum Moderator

Not quite @ThatCrazyPillow

9 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

You are using a laptop to play so don't expect too much. I'd say put all graphics settings to low with 50% scaling, avoid high populated areas and always make sure you have your laptop connected to the charger so you don't have power limits to your graphics card.

I can do that tried puttiing my caling down to 25% still laggy 

How well do you run the game in single player?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Is there anything else we can help you with?

The topic is inactive 4 days. Please respond if you have more questions

The topic will close tomorrow.

Moved to unsolved due to inactivity.