Air Horn

teidy

Hi!

I apologize if this is not the right topic for this issue. I have noticed that if you have a roof deflector on your truck,

mntbc2p.png?1 

other players can't hear your air horn, but they can still see the horn icon next to your nickname. I assume this is synchronization problem and I'm hoping that you can fix that.

Sincerely,
teidy

Other players can only hear your airhorn, if you have an airhorn. But when you try to put a roof deflector on your truck, all horns get removed since they're not compatible.

When you now press N, none of the other players will hear anything. But they can see that you press N (because they see the little horn icon next to your nickname).

Well... I don't understand where the problem is... do you think this icon has to be removed or other players should hear you?

35 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

Other players can only hear your airhorn, if you have an airhorn. But when you try to put a roof deflector on your truck, all horns get removed since they're not compatible.

When you now press N, none of the other players will hear anything. But they can see that you press N (because they see the little horn icon next to your nickname).

Well... I don't understand where the problem is... do you think this icon has to be removed or other players should hear you?

The problem is because you can still hear your air horn despite not having it. That's why is bothering me when other players can't hear it but you can. So it would be nice that everyone could hear it.

Yup. I know exactly what you're talking about and this needs to be fixed. Certain trucks can't mount Air Horns on certain cabs, so using N, despite there being no mountable Air Horns, still produces a horn sound which other players can't hear as it's currently not synced. Now sure, other users would say "Just use H!" but let's be honest here, no-one likes the H horn. It's appalling, ear-splitting and annoying. The default N horn, when no mountable Air Horns are/can be mounted, is far better than the H horn. And it's a key part of the game for the trucks that can't mount Air Horns, so I don't know why TMP haven't synced it yet.

Even though I drive a 389, which can mount horns on any cab type, it would still be nice to use the default N horn from time to time and have other players hear it.

If someone doesn't know what "default N horn" I'm talking about, go in the game and remove any mounted Air Horns you have and then try honking the Air Horn. You'll know instantly what I mean by "default N Horn". That horn isn't synced between players and that's what this bug report is about. It is an actual bug within TMP and it needs to be fixed.

Edit: I went in-game and did some testing with a 579. The default N horn when no Air Horn is mounted appears to be the Roar horn but quieter. I also noticed when I mounted the Super Roar on the Day Cab 579 and then just switched to the 579 Flat-top Sleeper, that the horn tone stayed the Super Roar, despite the Super Roar's no longer being mounted. So it could be a few different issues, some which SCS may need to fix. But TMP definitely needs to sync it when no Air Horns are mounted, because there is still a horn.

Edited by Sanguinem_Luna
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
10 hours ago, Carnaxus said:

What I don't get is why can't you have an air horn with a streamlined sleeper like in the picture in the first post?  I've seen plenty of trucks IRL with both.

Not sure if you were asking me or just talking in general, but yeah that's one of the problem. For some reason if you want to have air horn you can't have this roof deflector (you get the message that it will be removed if you want to mount air horn). And sadly this problem is still not resolved.

Theres a glitch i have been using for awhile now..Buy a day cab add the air horns after you confirm the purchase go back in and add the roof deflector..Even though the air horns don't show you can still hear them. Been doing this for a long time. I have only used this on the 579 haven't tried it on the 389 .Ok for it to work on the 389 buy the ultra sleeper then go back in change it too the low roof then add the air horns confirm purchase then go back in add the roof ultra sleeper back. 

Edited by Graywolf.

On 4/21/2018 at 7:42 AM, teidy [SLO] said:

Not sure if you were asking me or just talking in general, but yeah that's one of the problem. For some reason if you want to have air horn you can't have this roof deflector (you get the message that it will be removed if you want to mount air horn). And sadly this problem is still not resolved.

Talking in general, o'course.  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.