Inputting report times

Fumiko

Question

I have an issue and I'm not sure who exactly to pose it to. Normally when I'm entering the time an alleged offence occurred since I live in UTC-5 I usually just add 5 hours to my time and enter it in but for this instance +5 hours carries me into the next day and I can't select a future date, should I just enter my time in then?
BjBFUAC.png

ZFTe8IK.jpg

7 answers to this question

Dear @Fumiko,

as a matter of fact, you live in the past. If your current location is Kingson, Jamaica, it is still Thursday for you, even though it is already Friday in UTC time zone. At the moment, it is 2 o'clock and a few minutes in UTC which would be on Friday. This equals 21 o'clock and a bit for you so, in fact, the incident you want to report took place in the future, so to say. There is nothing wrong with it :) 

Kind regards,

Anriandor
TruckersMP Moderator

Hello @Fumiko,

when you live in

2 minutes ago, Fumiko said:

I live in UTC-5

you should also subtract five hours from the current time and not add them. There are a few tools online who help you to convert the time, such as these:

Hopefully, I have helped you and you will be able to file reports properly in the future.

Kind regards,

Anriandor
TruckersMP Moderator

I understand that but that will be a time set for 'tomorrow' (1:39 AM) since i'm 5 hours behind utc and as you can see I can't choose October the 13th

Hey @Anriandor

I tried your method and got this: (which is 'tomorrow')
x0uOO10.png

ZFTe8IK.jpg

Dear @Fumiko,

You should set your profile with the timezone of your country.

To change your UTC time follow these instructions:

1) Click on this link https://truckersmp.com/profile/settings

2) Click on "Site Settings"

3) Choose what timezone you're

4) Click Save

Greetins again ^^

Old ranks:              
   roles_game-moderator-leader.png.f8705625 - image.png.7837814402f73c303120645d2f3effc4.png -  roles_trial-game-moderator.png.78e7ac97d  
   roles_support.png.fc5b5f89970695aabd7092 - roles_community-moderator.png.629b933bb2
Spanish - Portugués
&------------------------------&

Hey @Lorenita

Thanks for replying but I already have it set to my timezone.
Idk I'll just leave it for now and maybe wait until tomorrow to do the report.
Thanks again guys.

ZFTe8IK.jpg

Multiple answers were given.

Moved to solved

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M