Initial Test of Linux Mint 18.2 running the ETS2 MP mod.

LazyDev

It's not built for Linux based operating systems, hence why it's unstable.

While it's pretty fancy, I don't recommend doing this as it might cause unpleasant experiences for others.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

It's very stable, but I do keep getting the odd crash, which I'll be reporting to m4wl as I'm certain the crash is been caused by the MP mod itself.

When all the issues are ironed out, it'll be very stable, I believe.

Edit:

I turned off the CB from within the truck cabin, game did not crash. I watched chaos at a service station for 16 mins. Was, quite fun.

System:

Linux Mint 18.2

I7-4790K

GTX 1060 GB

16GB RAM

256GB SSD

I may put up a step by step guide in the near future. Speaking with m4wl to sort out a glitch that is causing game crashes. 

I just did some runs on ATS, ran for over 2 hours without a hitch. It's looking good!

System:

Linux Mint 18.2

I7-4790K

GTX 1060 GB

16GB RAM

256GB SSD

5 minutes ago, LazyDev said:

Proprietary. Currently using the Nvidia 387 drivers.

Alright, because I remember my performance was absolutely horrid with the AMD open-source drivers (even though they are better than the proprietary ones)

Linux is not quite yet a gaming-ready OS and it suffers from significantly lower FPS compared to Windows (depends on your distribution and how you tweak it too) but it's Linux and it's better in every other way but gaming. Let's hope it changes in the future.

Also, good luck trying to run ETS2 well with your Linux!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived