KmunBiene

What are your ideas of an better way to get rid out of idiots?

Hello,

the current time to play TruckersMP is 2 hours. But it is pretty low, so what do you think if it would be 10 hours? So which means you need to play 10 hours singleplayer until you can download the Launcher. 2 hours seem less and is easy to pass, so wouldn't be that better?

Or something like that you need to pass an small parkour to be able to download TruckersMP or you need to answer questions before creating account about traffic and ..

Please write your ideas about that ;)

I don't think that the system needs changing, after all, players could just idle on the game in order to make the 10 hours up easily.

Anywho, if they do drive badly, it's the in-game administrators' job to punish them for their wrongdoing and not following the rules.

I think there should be some sort of Perm Ban in place for people with over 5+ Bans within the space of lets say 6-8 Months. etc. then it would encourage people to stop messing around and know there is a Perm Ban if it continues.  

Hello @KmunBiene,

yet again I can just agree with what Mirrland said because it does not matter at all whether those people who want to play the Multiplayer will open up their Singleplayer game in order to let it run for merely two hours or a prolonged period of time, i.e. five times the amount.

However, this could actually be a disadvantage for our player base since it would probably waste an entire day for new people who only want to play MP, hence why it could become dissuasive, leading to despair and resulting in those people not playing MP at all.

Now to the next point which is not very sensible at all. Having a driving test or some kind of "parkour" before joining the streets of MP is just surreal because it would take ages, if not decades until everybody would be finished with that test, let alone all the people which need to be hired in order to enforce such tests.

Lastly, there is also the idea of asking questions. The problem here is that people could just use their phones and ask Bixby or Google a question which would be answered within a few seconds. Even if it was something MP related that cannot be simply answered by smartphone assistants, the questions would slowly spread until, eventually, everybody already knows the answer before the question gets asked. Having a new set of things to ask for each individual would just be unlogic because, at some point, there are no more MP specific questions which could not be answered otherwise.

That being said, I would have closed the topic if it was a suggestion, however, as you cunningly posted that topic in the General Discussion, I can merely provide my own thoughts which go hand in hand with what @Mirrland said.

Kind regards,

Anriandor
TruckersMP Moderator

Hi,

once I had the same idea since it`s better for newbies if they are forced to play more than 2h before entering TMP.

I posted a suggestion about it and it got declined. Hence there's no reason to continue this discussion since it won't happen.

First of all, I would like to refrain from referring to them as "idiots".

The fact alone that they violate the rules (either on purpose or by lack of Knowledge) does not give us the right to insult them.

Instead we should treat each other with respect.

Regarding your idea, I agree to what has already been said by @Mirrland and @Anriandor. It will be impossible to control that a minimum requested amount of time has been used to gain experience on the road instead of idle at a gas station.

• Like 2

"What are your ideas of an better way to get rid out of idiots?"

"get rid out of idiots". 

This is an impossible task. The game is too affordable and the mod is meant to be easy to access and play. Even with harsher punishment etc it won't solve anything in the long term.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Copson said:

I think there should be some sort of Perm Ban in place for people with over 5+ Bans within the space of lets say 6-8 Months. etc. then it would encourage people to stop messing around and know there is a Perm Ban if it continues.  

There already is a system,

The 4th ban a user gets will always be 1 month or more, the 5th will be 6 or more (don't quote me on this one) and 6th will always be permanent ban.

7 minutes ago, iacube said:

don't quote me on this one

We do not even have to quote you if we can simply quote I<3VODKA:

On 5.11.2014 at 9:18 PM, I<3VODKA said:

§6 How bans are issued

The first 3 bans issued are at admin discretion.

The 4th ban is 1 month.

The 5th ban is 3 months.

The 6th ban is permanent with no chance of undo.

Any bans further than 12 months before the current ban are ignored under this rule. This is considered the cooling off period.

I do believe something can and needs to be done, seeing what a mess EU2 is especially on the Calais-Duisburg road.

My own ideas is to time consuming and therefor won't make much sense which is why i really won't bother you with that.

That said, i do think the community is doing a great job of recording and reporting to keep some of the worst wreckers away from the game, but no matter what we will never get totally rid of such people.

What is somewhat more fun, i just got a 7 days ban for insulting after some guy in his skoda crashed into me with 140-150 ish km/h, while it's of course not okay, i just got home after a very hectic day and 420 hadn't kicked in yet, so i made a stupid mistake, but 7 days?....
Although i am recording i did choose not to submit my report of him even tho he was speeding and crashed another truck he was overtaking as he smashed into me.

I thought i would be fair and call it a mistake this time around and be a nice guy even after my insulting.

Guess he was low life enough to put all the blame on me and throw a report on me while forgetting to mention his own mistake on his part.
The world is full of selfish people with their high maintenance ego.

Sometimes things works in a funny way.

Longer ban times for someone on purpose racking up multiple collisions in a way that demonstrates an intent to troll, allowing ban extensions for reported in evidence, extremely high speed collisions add additional ban length (think someone in a car going 150 kph on a two lane road veering completely head-on to a truck)

None of this, however, can really change the gotta go fast attitude most EU2 drivers have being a cause of many collisions.  For EU2 specifically, a 80 kph city limit?

Edited by caff!!!

To be able to get rid of the idiots would be to choose less crowded server and those that have speed limiter, as told by McDodge34 [FR QC]. Another way that suits me, is to send video reports to the TruckersMP Site and wait for the admin to evaluate. This way the idiot who takes bans often in less than a year will learn a lesson that the rules work and take effect. Thus, it would take a permanent ban and would result in one less to disrupt.

Just have a server where anthing goes and you don't have reports of punishment (apart from hate on Texas and chat) 

and free up the admin for the other two servers that tend to be better behaved driver in anyway 

20 hours ago, Lujer said:

Although i am recording i did choose not to submit my report of him even tho he was speeding and crashed another truck he was overtaking as he smashed into me.

I thought i would be fair and call it a mistake this time around and be a nice guy even after my insulting.

Guess he was low life enough to put all the blame on me and throw a report on me while forgetting to mention his own mistake on his part.
The world is full of selfish people with their high maintenance ego.

And this is the problem, TruckersMP gets way too many reports about small stuff like that, while "more important" things like trolling or intentional ramming (the only real problem!) go unnoticed (And the length of a ban for that is often way too short in comparison). You can't really blame staff for that, but those players that submit literally thousands of reports. 

Edited by Spieker [GER]

4 hours ago, Spieker [GER] said:

And this is the problem, TruckersMP gets way too many reports about small stuff like that, while "more important" things like trolling or intentional ramming (the only real problem!) go unnoticed (And the length of a ban for that is often way too short in comparison). You can't really blame staff for that, but those players that submit literally thousands of reports. 

I absolutely agree with you, insulting the guy is a mistake on my behalf and it's of course not okay, however I made a mistake aswell as he did and thought as the good man I am I would let this one slide, even tho if he is a wrecker, it's  a mistake to let it slide, but i'm very sure another guy will or probably already have reported him.
But a 7 days ban for something as small as an stupid insult?? I mean a warning would have made more sense to be honest.

I haven't made a single report on people insulting me, I think it's just not worth my or an admins time, it's just word, they don't harm the or affect the gameplay in the way a wrecker does.
But we all have different opinions and that's fair enough.

Edited by Lujer
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lujer said:

I absolutely agree with you, insulting the guy is a mistake on my behalf and it's of course not okay, however I made a mistake aswell as he did and thought as the good man I am I would let this one slide, even tho if he is a wrecker, it's  a mistake to let it slide, but i'm very sure another guy will or probably already have reported him.
But a 7 days ban for something as small as an stupid insult?? I mean a warning would have made more sense to be honest.

I haven't made a single report on people insulting me, I think it's just not worth my or an admins time, it's just word, they don't harm the or affect the gameplay in the way a wrecker does.
But we all have different opinions and that's fair enough.

The thing is that the team wants ETS2MP to be all ages friendly, as with the base game, so I can see some short bans for swears, longer for slurs.  As for the ban, you are actually unbanned, as whoever put it in must had accidentally put a week in instead.