player reports

Roa_dwt

Suggestion Name: see above

Suggestion Description: give players a custom nametag colour from a list (no red) when a player has a certain amount of reports they get a custom colour on their name and other features that regular players don't have, this can be taken the moment players get a ban, then they can work towards it again

Any example images: nope

Why should it be added?: this will encourage players to make reports so they have something to work towards

Highly doubtful this will be implemented as this would require a lot of backend work and we don't want to single out players at all as all it will do is encourage more users to spam us with useless reports just to get the colour.

//Moved to discussion to find public views

Who's to say that a single VTC won't just gang up on one player that they don't like in an effort to give them a bad reputation?

Also, why would you want to encourage people to make reports? You should know how bad that the report situation is already, encouraging them to do more isn't the greatest idea in the world.

• True Story 1

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

As Mirrland stated there is certainly going to have people ganging up on that one guy who may have done nothing but gets a bad reputation more reports would be horrible yes they keep trolls off but there is so many of them we cant have more and reports are made by people who want the community to be free of trolls well not free but as many as they can get rid off and evidence is a key to make sure that bans arent mistaken in reports in game its another story giving benefits to players for reporting people isnt right they are not required to make reports if they do thats them helping get rid of trouble but it aint somthing like you giving a dog a treat for sitting reports arent anything special.

-1 it would be fine if we had a troll free environment to play in, then you could say that all reports are legitimate reasons, but at current, it’s easy for a group of trolls within a VTC to just randomly report players at will, and with custom indications for number of reports, it would be all too easy for trolls to get innocent people shamed and such by simply reporting them.

I don't like it that much either. I'm currently at a limit of 28 reports open at a time which means that my reports are good (I hope so, pls don't break my heart). I'm also that kind of 100% achievements guy that like to have everything unlocked and such. BUT I don't really like the idea that people will see me as a threat of being reported and prefer they consider me as any other player (no REC tag, no colour to distinguish, no "rec report 721" spam etc).

Hello,

As mentioned above, this won't be added: 

On 7-10-2017 at 7:07 PM, Digital said:

With the massive amount of reports the admins deal with already, encouraging more is really not a good idea.

On 8-10-2017 at 10:28 AM, Trucking Australia said:

Highly doubtful this will be implemented as this would require a lot of backend work and we don't want to single out players at all as all it will do is encourage more users to spam us with useless reports just to get the colour.

Also, as Trucking Australia wanted to view the feedback on this, there has been some feedback. And overall, it's negative feedback. 

My honest opinion is that this is not needed at all, and won't ever be added due to the reports we already receive.

Rejected.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.