Lag issue

My Way To Respect Women

Question

Hello,i never had lag problems in euro truck simulator 2 multiplayer until few days.

It appears to be Internet lag even tho i play at low settings i only have fps lag when there are around 100 players.

Let me explain you what is going on,i have 40-50 ping usually and the trucks near me go backwards like they are lagging,but they have good ping and its all from me as i saw.

Again i never had such problems but something happend with Multiplayer and its not my internet s fault.

Its really annoying because i get hit and i hit people when this happens and i cant play like this.

You can see below the picture with my speedtest.

pingg.png

9 answers to this question

Have you tried to restart your router? Some routers have a selection that its called "CRC" When this CRC is very high for example up to 10000 it slows down your internet speed a lot despite the fact that you get very good results on the speedtest. I had the same problem before while i was using my providers router it made my net very slow. After i ve changed it with another one that i got on market my problem was fixed. Try this for a start and after that please let me know if your problem is fixed.

It could be other's fault, they might have worse ping than you. After all the movement in this game is not the most fluid.

Also make sure you have maximized smooth distance.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

If you open multiplayer and you press TAB then go to options you will find a slider which says "Smooth distance". No i haven't noticed any performance hit by changing that.

Don't confuse it with view/draw distance since there is a different slider for that.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

You might be running other hidden processes in the background that slow down ETS2, if you like to run discord, Discord is an application that’s like to use a lot of CPU Usage so I say either change it so it’s runs via GPU or it doesn’t run at all.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

Hello @My Way To Respect Women,

You have to understand 2 things before playing a multiplayer mode,

First thing:

There are a lot of players of all the world, so the ping of them is not equals your ping.

Second thing:

They are different computers, different internet connections, so people are subject to lag due to the location of their internet server, up to the Datacenter of the TruckersMP servers

About your FPS lag:

You have FPS LAG because as it has many connections together at the same time in a single location, trying to connect to the same Datacenter, this uses a lot of RAM, so the issue of FPS lag.

Observation: It does not matter much in that matter, if your computer is the best in the world, it will give some lag anyway.

Cordially,

1gor

• Upvote 1

Name: Igor Souza