No Audio received from CB Radio

TheCaptainSpork

Question

When trying to use the CB radio to communicate in game with other players it registers my microphone perfectly fine, but does not show me anywhere where other players are responding. I hopped on a skype call with my friend to test it and he said he heard my voice in game through the CB radio and heard others responding to it, but I could not hear or see any indication of activity on any channel frequency. Does anyone know of any fixes? (Voice chat volume is all the way up when I hit tab and go into settings, it is mapped to my audio interface, (I am using a Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 USB and my studio microphone).. I have tried outputting it to different TV speakers, wired headphones, USB headphones, my home theater sound system, nothing is sending CB traffic from others back to me.

14 answers to this question

The channel is on 19 by default, speaker device is  mapped to my Focusrite 2i2 USB interface, all of the volume sliders are maxed except for the Music slider. I have also attempted to turn the radio off and on again, my voice goes through still and I cannot hear or see that anything is coming through from other individuals.

Do you have Stereo Mix enabled in recording devices enabled as "Default Communications Device"? Right click on sound icon in taskbar and select "Recording devices" to check. If not, right click on it and select "Set as Default Communication Device".

Helped ya? Why not giving me a reputation point? Thanks!

Earth is hexagon.

GTA SA > GTA V

Hello there,

First thing first, i am also using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (1st gen) and the driver that i am using is 3.2.2. For some reason the Official website has way older drivers. http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/focusrite_usb2_drivers/ 

What i would do after is go to C:\Users\*name*\Documents\ETS2MP and delete the config file since every time i was changing the default input or output device from in-game i was just losing the sound.

K5TaUUTsSzStJOrNK-Gerw.png

If you have plugged in your speakers or headphones on Scarlett 2i2 then you should ready just set them as Default and don't do any other changes in-game.

u1MyM_A1TSWZyzVU9KN22Q.png 13sPbnHBRfWEbQ0jfl0VbQ.png

If you are using both Scarlett 2i2 and the motherboard sound card make sure you have installed the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer and then set as default your Playback and Recording device without do any changes to in-game settings.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

On 07.10.2017 at 10:45 AM, TheCaptainSpork said:

Diğer oyuncularla oyunda iletişim kurmak için CB radyo kullanmaya çalışırken mikrofonum mükemmel bir şekilde kaydediliyor, ancak bana diğer oyuncuların tepki gösterdiği herhangi bir yeri göstermiyor. Denemek için arkadaşımla bir skype görüşmesi yapmayı ummuştum ve CB radyosu aracılığıyla oyunda sesimi duyduğunu ve başkalarının yanıt verdiğini duyduğunu söyledi, ancak herhangi bir kanal frekansı üzerinde herhangi bir faaliyet göstergesi duyamadım veya göremedim. Herhangi bir düzeltmeyi bilen var mı? (Sekmeye girdiğimde ve ayarlara girdiğimde sesli sohbet sesi tamamen yükseldi, ses arabirimime eşlendi, (bir Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 USB ve stüdyo mikrofonumu kullanıyorum) .. Farklı TV'ye çıktısını denedim hoparlörler, kablolu kulaklıklar, USB kulaklıklar, ev sinemanımı ses sistemi, hiçbir şey başkalarından bana geri CB trafiği gönderiyor.

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  GPU : MSI Geforce RTX 2060  MOTHERBOARD :  ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING MEMORY : ADATA XPG  16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz  SSD :  CORSAIR 120GB  550MB - 500MB  SSD  : SAMSUNG 250GB 860 550MB - 520MB SSD  : ADATA 480GB SU630 520MB - 450MB  CASE : Cooler Master MasterBox MB511  PSU : Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+

On 10/8/2017 at 3:45 AM, PrototypeGR said:

First thing first, i am also using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (1st gen) and the driver that i am using is 3.2.2. For some reason the Official website has way older drivers. http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/focusrite_usb2_drivers/ 

What i would do after is go to C:\Users\*name*\Documents\ETS2MP and delete the config file since every time i was changing the default input or output device from in-game i was just losing the sound.

K5TaUUTsSzStJOrNK-Gerw.png

If you have plugged in your speakers or headphones on Scarlett 2i2 then you should ready just set them as Default and don't do any other changes in-game.

Okay, I'm going to update my driver for that tonight when I get home, I think I'm something in the area of two full versions behind. (2.1 something)... I will also delete the config file when I get the opportunity.

15 hours ago, Yoyo_ManSg said:

Hello @TheCaptainSpork,

The answers were given.

Are you satisfied for these answers? Is your problem solved? 

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

I have been unable to try one of the methods given, I will do that when I get home and have some free time tonight.

14 hours ago, ALTUNSOY said:

While that problem is similar to mine, I do not see Icons notifications of other players talking (It may be something I am missing because I play across 3 TV screens in 5760x1080 so I will double check that again.

To recap:

The problem is still unsolved, I will try the fix proposed by PrototypeGR tonight, and will edit this post if it solves the problem. In playback and recording devices the USB Interface is the Default Device and Default Communication Device, the CB channel is typically set to 19, although the problem persists across other channels. Volume and microphone settings in-game are all correct also.

**EDIT**

After trying each fix and messing around with settings it still only works for me to talk to others, I do not get any indication that anyone else is using the radio to talk on any channel, and no icon in the top left.

Edited by TheCaptainSpork
Updated Information

Where is your output source connected, on 2i2 or on the motherboard?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

50 minutes ago, PrototypeGR said:

Where is your output source connected, on 2i2 or on the motherboard?

The 2i2 is connected through a USB port on the back of my motherboard. I have a 3.5mm jack plugged in to the rear speaker output on my motherboard I/O that connects to a TV audio input, an optical audio cable runs from the TV into the S/PDIF input on my Home Theater Setup. The Rear speaker output and HDMI audio outputs are disabled so Windows doesn't get anything confused. I normally run it with the Default Device going to the Surround Sound system, and the Default Communication Device going through the 2i2 interface, with my headphones plugged in to the 1/4" monitor jack on the front of the controller.

42 minutes ago, M.J. said:

Dear @TheCaptainSpork

Are you sure that people are speaking in games?

Often, there is not much CB traffic especially in non busy cities.  

In addition, is all other audio from the game such as other trucks coming through your audio device? 

Drive on,

-MJ

All of the audio for the rest of the game, (in-game internet radio, my truck sounds, other trucks sounds and horns) comes through like you would expect. My buddy and I tested it in a Skype call to see if it worked, he could hear me talking through the CB radio, but when he tried talking it didn't work, when we were convoying with others I had to use him as my communication relay as he could hear what others were saying and tell me through the Skype call. Everything works exactly as it should the way I have it set up. I am going to try reinstalling TruckersMP again tonight and see if that solves the problem, but if anyone can think of other possibilities please let me know.

So if you try any of the 3 options 2i2, 3.5mm jack or S/PDIF neither gives you voice sound?

If you open the config i told you to delete, does it show Default?

6ca070c02d8c4d0b976d57a2bfc7346c.png

2 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

So if you try any of the 3 options 2i2, 3.5mm jack or S/PDIF neither gives you voice sound?

If you open the config i told you to delete, does it show Default?

6ca070c02d8c4d0b976d57a2bfc7346c.png

With any of the audio output options I encounter the same problem. The microphone works, and other truckers can hear me, and I cannot see or hear any indicator of anyone talking even though others are communicating through the CB radio. (like my friend relaying replies from other truckers in a convoy)... I will check to see what the config file has in it when I get home tonight and will update with the information.

Any changes to this? There was an update about audio.