End of website translations

A few months back we decided to stop accepting new translations for the website, as managing these translations was a huge burden that ate away a lot of our time.

I wrote about the reasons why in more detail over on my personal blog, if you have interest in more details on why we ceased accepting translations.

Today we decided to disable all existing translations as well, so this marks the end of being able to see our website in anything but English.

For those of you who used our website in other languages, I'm sorry, but it was inevitable, within the team we only use English, and all our external communication is in English, so even though we have a large international community, for the time and effort, it doesn't make sense to maintain.

View post on homepage

I won't be at the helm of that endeavor at least, I learned a lot from doing it to the website, and the biggest thing I learned; I don't want to do it :P

@VITALY ORLOV, it does not make sense at all to allow insulting in other languages but English. This is, of course, still prohibited and will lead to a punishment when it is reported. Player names can still be chosen without any new limitations besides the existing ones (character limit for example).

The "end of website translation" merely means that you cannot view the truckersmp.com website in any other language. :)

I guess this is a good thing as the devs can focus on more important features and additions to the site.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

This maybe good for the devs and all to focus on what they think is more important but it is a bad move over all. This will cause some drivers not to visit the site as thier is no translation avilable in thier language. This will also prevent some drivers from joining cause they don't understand what is said as they can't read or speak English. I hope that you may find someone that willing to translate the site for those that don't understand the english language.

NTF | Will the Werewolf - Newman's Transcontinental Freightlines - CEO

76561198017604707.png

I didn't used them, because every time after coming back to the website the translation is gone, so it is pretty useless everytime when you are on the website to enable it.

• 4 weeks later...

That's not even called a "decision". You choose to avoid the problem, and it will hinder your community development in long term. It's 2017, you have to be multilingual to be successfull. Monolinguals are in minority, and I'm sorry, but the majority of monolinguals are English-speaking Americans.

But maintaining 30 translations is sure crazy hard for a non-commercial team. You need to set some realistic goals - first, writing or integrating a codebase, second, coming up with up to 5 most relevant, polished translations. Maybe you should consider recruiting a PHP-developer for this specific job. I, for one, would apply.