In game leader board

STCB

Suggestion Name: Adding leader boards in game

Suggestion Description: Just like a motel or car dealer you drive in to an area and you can see the top 10 stat for different areas such as (distance drove, number of delivery, ect)

Any example images:

MUzRDVy.png

Screen-Shot-2013-02-10-at-10.28.08-AM.pn

Why should it be added?: Set goals for yourself and compete with other driver. 

• Like 1

It is questionable if this is really needed, however, having this system in the game itself was not suggested yet, even though there was something similar:

/moved to TMP Services

• 2 months later...

Well this could be pretty cool, could put on the site or add in a command in the chat ai showed the TOP 10

Kind Regards,
Ykaro
339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d

Languages: English 🇬🇧 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report SystemBan Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

On 13.12.2017 at 1:17 PM, TheGreekGeek said:

a possibility to do so

Personally, I highly doubt that this will ever happen nor officially be supported and shown on one of the TruckersMP related services. External websites might show statistics like that, however, since TruckersMP does not have any economic system yet, it is just a dream that this will happen. In a few year's time, you could ask that again but even then it cannot be taken for granted that there can be a leaderboard.

Also, it needs to be taken into consideration whether it will show server-wide statistics on only data for the most populated server - similar factors need to be addressed and thus, it is quite challenging to implement it.

• Project Manager

Yeah. I agree with Anriandor. 

Without an economic system it would be bad because you can fake tours, money, jobs, etc.

And ten users from 3000? That would unfair for others. And I think that we cannot track the amount of jobs as long as TMP doesn’t start with 0 because the SDK doesn’t support that. 

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

-1 there really isn’t much need for a leaderboard for game wide stats, if it was for say VTC members, so you can see who has done the most within a certain period of time, then fair enough, but trying to make the server “competitive” is a recipe for disaster, it’ll literally feed the trolls with something to do and will make some people drive more erratically just to put their score on the board. 

Like me I said, if this was just a VTC tool that VTC members can gain access to, then this will work fine, but if it’s server based then no way, especially as there’s such a potential for fake drops and other invalid data that can make things far worse.

-1 this could be interesting but I don't really see the need for TMP to add it tho, making MP competitive to be on a leader board could cause a few unnecessary problems, I think there are more important things for TMP to be doing or adding. Something like this could also be unfair on some users as not everyone has the time to play MP daily or play enough to be on the leader board.

Edited by Killua // Ireland ^_^
  • Upvote 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

This adds burden to the server for nothing much.  Instead of the leaderboard I would prefer a higher player cap in a single server for service optimization.

14 hours ago, slushbro said:

You are right but to improve the game experience there should be also new updates to get the game more attractiv for new players and for much driving truckers.

The thing is, there’s a line between making a game more attractive to new players and making the game a competitive mess. The thing that annoys me the most is when someone makes a mod or a game and then tries updating it regularly with unnecessary content to try and get newer players interested, if someone is into driving around in a simulated world and just have fun, then fair enough, but if someone isn’t interested at all, you shouldn’t try and force the game to fit what those people may or may not want.

it’s the age old thing, majority of minority, if more people want a more competitive, race around the map as fast as possible to earn top spot on a leaderboard, then fair enough, add it in, but if the majority want more things like better lag protection or better rules or new scout vehicles etc, then those things should be a priority and if those things entice new blood to want to join in, then that’s the added bonus, focus on your current fan base, not the potential fan base because chances are, you’ll lose more regular players than you gain in terms of new players.

On 17.12.2017 at 1:28 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

The thing is, there’s a line between making a game more attractive to new players and making the game a competitive mess. The thing that annoys me the most is when someone makes a mod or a game and then tries updating it regularly with unnecessary content to try and get newer players interested, if someone is into driving around in a simulated world and just have fun, then fair enough, but if someone isn’t interested at all, you shouldn’t try and force the game to fit what those people may or may not want.

I understand your point of view but this feature would only be a bonus and not forcing people to play it. Because with no new features and updates this simulator will run out of player and a trucking simulator is nothing without players you can drive with.

7 hours ago, slushbro said:

I understand your point of view but this feature would only be a bonus and not forcing people to play it. Because with no new features and updates this simulator will run out of player and a trucking simulator is nothing without players you can drive with.

I get what you are saying, but a simulator isn’t about who gets to their destination the fastest or with the least amount of time or damage, it’s about enjoying the experience, not tearing around causing wrecks to get on a leaderboard, if this were a racing sim like project cars, forza and gran turismom then sure, knock yourself out, but this is a driving sim, not a race sim. 

I get that without new features, it gets tiresome, but giving trolls another excuse to just bomb around ramming people and being a nuisance isn’t the right direction, may as well play gta online, get some mobile operation centres and some kids with homing launchers and drive around because that’s essentially what it’ll turn into, except instead of rocket launchers, you’ll have cars, trucks with and without trailers, all acting like juveniles. THAT is what will put more people off from playing, not the lack of new stuff, SCS adds things, TMP adds them to online, TMP adds their own stuff, it’s a simple chain that, most of the time, works.  

Have a feeling this could be easily exploited and would take a lot of processing power just to keep track of every user. If it were to be accepted, I suppose I wouldn't place it in-game though, I would have it fitted on a web interface but even so, you'd just be recreating a game-wide version of a VTC essentially. The functionality for entering a motel doesn't exist and therefore unless CSC did something it would be very difficult to create and modify - a bit like the dealerships.

Kind regards,

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...