Bad lag

Nukeshi

Question

Hi,

whenever I play MP on ATS or ETS2, usually it'll run fine and then suddenly I'll start lagging like crazy. 

Not fps wise- I mean when I'm not even near someone, somehow they'll curse at me in chat telling to move because I'm apparently blocking their path on THEIR screen only. 

The distances will also get really big and their name still appears on the players near you menu even though on my screen I'm far far away from them. 

In several instances I've had people report me because on their screen I'm stopped in the middle of the street. I noticed I can't use the chat when this is happening- it just doesn't work, so I have no way of telling them that it's just lag and I'm not actually near them on my screen. 

I have fiber internet so I've been seriously doubting that being part of the problem... but if there is a problem on my end please help me fix it! 

I've already re-downloaded TruckersMP (not that it would fix anything) 

13 answers to this question

Depending on your computer specifications is how the game will run, believe it or not I have the same issue but mine is a Intel Pentium T4500, 3GB ram, and a Intel HD graphics 4000. Also try lowering resolutions (Pixels), Restarting your Wi-Fi modem and restarting your PC. If this doesn't help I'm not sure what else to try other then contacting a developer and asking them to see what they can do from their end. :-)

Hi @Nukeshi,

It appears that the issue is likely your internet connection. Do you have problems playing any other online games? While your ping and uplaod speed is excellent, your download speed looks to be extremely low. I would recommend at least 5Mb/s download speed, or around 30Mbps to play online games, if you are the only one using the internet. 

Regards,

sko0923.

Let your modem read out, it seems that you have a malfunction.
You can also watch your values in your moden at Down and Upstream.

Downstream and upstream power levels are important when determining if the cable line that is connected to your cable modem or modem router is receiving sufficient power.
Good Downstream power levels are within -7 to +7 dBmV. Good Upstream power levels are within 38-48 dBmV.
Your provider can also read out your modem and see if there is a problem with your internet.
Your down is far too low to be able to play online, especially ETS2MP.
Have you also try an other cable to test if this is better.

tmplogo.jpg

@sko0923

I just switched to our other wifi network (or whatever you call it- i'm bad with this stuff) because it seems to be more reliable... my upload/download speed is fantastic now, but I noticed when trying to connect to multiplayer, it never actually connects. It keeps loading and loading, and then it will say "connection with server has been broken, you will be automatically reconnected and starts all over again. I do sometimes get connected to the server, but it can take up to 30-45 minutes even when the queue is short, and then even with good internet speed it still lags. 

Any ideas? 

6682223136.png

You said it yourself. Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi for gaming it's just terrible, it can cause you a lot of problems out of nowhere. Disconnects, unstable connection, lag. Ethernet all the way. If you have 2-3 walls before the router itself don't expect for a solution.

Here i explain some stuff about connection in general and also about Wi-Fi.

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/44581-troubleshoot-support-performance-guide/#3_2

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Due to inactivity of the OP of this topic, I'll move it to Unsolved.

If your problem hasn't been solved, feel free to create another topic.

Or submit a Support Ticket here: https://support.truckersmp.com/ 

/Locked and moved to Unsolved

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions