Guide To Duplicating Your Profile For Use In MP (ETS2/ATS)

nativedavid33

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 1:13 AM, PaddyJackson said:

Bang on the money. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: and it worked perfectly. Also meant I could put myself back on the cloud for my main account, and keep my other account (which I am using for ProMods) locally. Thanks a bunch.

@PaddyJackson Is your Main Account, where you activated the clou, singleplayer or multiplayer?

Edited by Janninschko

5 hours ago, Janninschko said:

@PaddyJackson Is your Main Account, where you activated the clou, singleplayer or multiplayer?

I'm not sure I understand you there, but I'll explain what I did.

I had my original profile (simply called "Paddy") that I had been saving to the cloud with.

I disabled cloud saving and, using the tutorial in the original post, duplicated it to make a "SinglePlayerMods" Profile and a "Promods MP" profile.

Hope this helps.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, The Great Brit said:

@Paddy. Hey so i'm having problems finding the SII Decrypter, the only one website I've found that says it has it on it is apparently riddled with viruses and malicious stuff. Any other places i can get it from? 

On my mobile just now but when I'm on the computer I'll hunt it down for you.

EDIT: @The Great Brit I haven't been able to find any, though the one included in the original post is fine provided you register on the SCS Software Forum to get access.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for this post. I knew I had done it before. But couldn't remember how. This helps a lot ! So thanks again...

Edit:
Finally got the time to really made this thing happen. It has worked like a charm (3 profiles at level 130). The only thing that has changed is the SII_Decrypt.exe (step 5). Instead of dragging the profile.sii onto the .exe you should do this - at least the dragging didn't work for me.

- Unpack the SII_Decrypt.rar file « use the program called WinRar for this

- Put the SII decrypt tool in the new profile folder you created, if you have multiple new profiles you are doing this multiple times
- Open an elevated CMD, if you don't know how check YouTube there are a lot of video's on this - or Google it

- Go to the new profile folder in CMD, for me this was: "cd C:\Users\'username'\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\4D656C4F4479" (without quotes and 'username' actually filled in)

- Now run the following command: "sii_decrypt.exe profile.sii" (without quotes)

- Now go to the new profile folder and open the profile.sii in notepad and adjust the profile name as mentioned in the original steps » Step 6 will continue from here.

This is the SII decrypt that I used (as the original link didn't work for me): https://sharemods.com/h6pozzt4ti8h/SII_Decrypt.rar.html

Furthermore: if you have a profile name (the new profile), that has special characters and/or spaces in them. Make sure you put quotes before and after the profile name. You can do this either way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone looking for your steam cloud profiles, they're stored in a different place: <Steam-folder>\userdata\<user-id>\270880\remote\profiles\<user-id>\save\

The link to SII Decryptor seems to be broken in the OP. For everyone's reference, here are the GitHub repos I'm aware of:

CaptainFlint/wcx_sii_decrypt - A plugin for Total Commander. It does a released plugin available for download!

JhowDroid / SII_Decrypt - This looks like a clone of the original Pascal SII Decrypt, and I think the creator has even contributed to this one. Executables seem to be available here.

I'm really tempted to start a .Net project now.

Edited by tgp1994
Making message more clear.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...