Why are less people playing ATS Multiplayer?

KaitanFox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a player influx for a few weeks after the New Mexico DLC is released for ATS multiplayer then it'll die down a bit again. Personally, I mostly prefer playing offline anymore. The thrill of online kind of went by the wayside when you deliver many loads and all you see are empty roads with no AI traffic and the very rare other player trucker. I wish there was a way to simulate AI traffic client-side so the world didn't feel so empty when you weren't encountering players, but I understand that doing that is pretty much impossible unfortunately. 

That being said I do on occasion do a couple loads online and appreciate all the work the developers have put into this secondary option to truck with my friends. I'll be around for a while after the NM DLC is released. 

^

ATS has less trucks due to licenses, as for optimization, ATS is very close to ETS's optimization. the assets in ATS look better, which is ETS showing it age in the base game. as for the assets from going east, Scandinavia viva la france and italia, I don't have any of those but I am sure they are better looking then ETS's base game assets. more developed, that is due to age. another person in another topic has said, put  the same amount of time on ATS as ETS has then compare the games. as from my point of view, based on the ETS server I have to play on vs the ATS server I play on, ETS is losing to ATS. again that is based on the server I have to play on in ETS vs the server I play on in ATS

People sticking to ETS2 may have something to do with gamers just preferring the original game versus a new one. An example of this can be seen in Planetside 2, where the game population sometimes slumps at the release of a "new" shooter, the new game quickly gets burned out and people returned to their familiar place. When you think of multiplayer trucking, you think of ETS2, and it's always your minds go to option, even if you own ATS like myself.

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

2 hours ago, Jey 12 CR said:

The Euro Truck Simulator has a lot of variation than the American, taking into account that the game scenario in Euro Truck is more variable and not as repetitive as the American

If that was truly an issue I don't think most players would repeatedly drive up and down C-D Road.

2 hours ago, Jey 12 CR said:

that arouses interest in the ETS2 and it remains to mention that both heavy and light loads They are the best.

I much prefer the American styled trailers than the European ones.  The European "oversized" or "heavy cargo" loads are honestly massive jokes to me.  With how small the European trucks and trailers are, even the "large" trailers, I feel like I'm just off on vacation with a pick-up truck and a camper not actually driving a semi.

ATS after a little less than 2 years is actually quite comparable to ETS2 at the same stage of development. The main difference that puts ETS2 ahead at this stage is I'm pretty sure ETS2 always had a few more roads and cities, even before the map expansions came out.... even though the total map size seems about the same before the ETS2 DLC and re-scaling. The first time I ever reached 100% roads discovered in ETS2 it only took a bit under 7 hours.... years ago. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SuliHD locked this topic

Archived