Why are less people playing ATS Multiplayer?

KaitanFox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATS,was very full at release.

But the ETS2 DLC's,are coming soon,so some of them are switching.

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

1 minute ago, derpatrick9 said:

ATS,was very full at release.

But the ETS2 DLC's,are coming soon,so some of them are switching.

Huh, considering that ATS came out a year and a half ago, there's hardly any DLC, i guess that's why less people play ATS now considering it being boring because there's not really anything to do anymore.

@Times_Zero

Personally i don't really like ATS.

ETS2 has a big variety for nice Tuning DLC's that's why.

All my friends switched from ATS to ETS.

Greetz,DerPatrick9  eymAgcq.png P19Gj7N.png kxhDML1.png

There are several resaons

1. Most people are from Europe, so they feel more familiar in an European setting / environment than in an American one
  2. ETS2 ist older, and maybe even cheaper on sales, and therefore it has a bigger playerbase which results in a bigger MP playerbase
  3. More content: Besides a bigger map, also exluding all the Map DLCs, ETS2 has a bigger base map. More trucks, more accessories on some trucks, heavier cargoes, more cities to explore. Faster leveling. You need around 2 times as many exp in ATS than you need in ETS2. More diverse Trailers and cargoes in ETS2...not going to add something to this list, there's too much to add
  4. A lot of stuff from ATS has been reused from Scandinavian DLC. Making it less appealing for ETS2 users or at least not giving it more appeal than Scandinavia.
  5. Probably too tricky to drive for a lot of people. ATS has longer trucks and more diverse Multipivot combinations which are even more difficult to drive making it frustrating.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I think it's mostly the (current) lack of content and small map compared to ETS2, and because the majority of the players are from Europe so ETS2 just appeals more to them. I'd say even the lack of people is a reason for people to stay away.

Definitely wasn't always like this though. ATS' servers were packed the first few weeks after release - and the 1 lane road near Oxnard was essentially C-D's granddad. But then the hype just went away.

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

I think it's also because ETS2 released much earlier, people were more used to ETS2 and decided to stay there. As ATSMP doesn't have many drivers, people go to ETS2MP to actually see traffic instead of just empty roads.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

2 minutes ago, NoTime4name said:

I think it's mostly the lack of content and small map compared to ETS2, and because the majority of the players are from Europe so ETS2 just appeals more to them. I'd say even the lack of people is a reason for people to stay away.

Definitely wasn't always like this though. ATS' servers were packed the first few weeks after release - and the 1 lane road near Oxnard was essentially C-D's granddad. But then the hype just went away.

Thats very true, but do you think people will go back to ATS if more DLC came out in the future? Because for now i doubt it will get more popular, and the servers will just be empty.

@stickhead2 I certainly hope so. They just have a lot of catching up to do in terms of content compared to ETS2, but then ETS2 has been out for much longer too. New Mexico is just around the corner so that'll definitely cause at least a brief increase in players, and if SCS keep their promise of wanting to have every state in the game eventually, the map is going to be much, much bigger than ETS2's.

8mOP210.png  g8VsuFF.png  4vle33y.png

I dont want to buy ATS because there are not lots of players and i'm not big fan of American Trucks.

Maybe, lots of players think that there are not lots of players and they dont want to play, but if all who thinks like this will play ATS, i'm sure, online will reach 2-3k players.

1 minute ago, NoTime4name said:

@stickhead2 I certainly hope so. They just have a lot of catching up to do in terms of content compared to ETS2, but then ETS2 has been out for much longer too. New Mexico is just around the corner so that'll definitely cause at least a brief increase in players, and if SCS keep their promise of wanting to have every state in the game eventually, the map is going to be much, much bigger than ETS2's.

If they had all the states in the game then i would be playing it more and i think then more than half of the people who plat ETS 2 will play ATS, but the servers will have to be big because if they were the size they are now, the map would be so big you would pass like 1 person every 10 mins...

The time will come. ETS2 came out how long ago? Now put that much time on ATS's clock and we can compare how much content is available now for ETS2 and how much will be available for ATS when that time comes.

I kinda like how the US server for ATS. It's busier in the cities and you'll see people every so often on the highways. It's quiet and not as hectic as ETS2 EU servers :) 

On 26.09.2017 at 11:57 AM, [SK] - TeR*NOYAN28 said:

baba dostun yaşlısın ancak tuning ve yaklaşık reality ETS2 hakkında daha iyidir. ama neden euro2 ile :Deuro 2'yi bilmiyorum ama neden insanlar ilk seçimde oy pusulasını kesiyorlar

Everyone is trying to play with multiplayer online people , This means more users are turning to servers 

• 2 weeks later...

Once The new State is added you will see alot more people playing ATS as they will want to check out all the new scenery added and whatever else new that may be implemented. Just as before tho this will most likely be short lived and the servers will lose people once again until something new comes out. I anticipate the servers traffic will be high once their is enough content ingame for people to work with. which will take quite some time before that happens. 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

I agree with most people about the size of the ats map it isnt as developed as it could be in the amount of time its been out. ETS 2 is alot more developed since ETS1 and due to their being 2 games based on ets people play ets more. Also I think that due to the constant updates and dlc releases and activity ETS has it is a lot more enjoyable to its player base.

Archived