Why are less people playing ATS Multiplayer?

KaitanFox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of the community i would like to talk about the reason American Truck Simulator is getting less players and why Euro Truck Simulator 2 is getting more players and more excitement. Now as we all know if you have the game called American Truck Simulator we only have three states on there. We have two brands of trucks which are Kensworth and Peterbuilt. I have had the game since it came out as demo and then purchased the game once it came out. The game is boring straight up. S.C.S is taking their sweet time on trying to get more states put out for that game. Players are getting annoyed with it because once you have went all around the map and have hauled every single cargo possible and know all the spots it gets boring. Same scenary and roads and trucks. I mean in my opinion if S.C.S does not do something soon they are going to lose alot more people on American Truck Simulator. Now last year I decided to purchase the game called Euro Truck Simulator 2 for my computer. Now as an American I thought oh wow this is an entirely new area for me. I quickly fell in love once i started in the Scania Streamline. That is my baby right there. The growl of the engine and all I love it. I play Euro Truck Simulator 2 more then American Truck Simulator. I have all the map DLC's and driving on there in awesome. You never know what is around the corner, Calais-Duisburg road is like a real life traffic jam with young teenagers looking to get to their girlfriends house in a rush. Bergen is an area where people get double trailers but hold traffic up when they decide to make a U-Turn in the middle of the road only to get jackknifed, Amsterdam is where everyone goes and yet no one know entirely why.  In other words each town is different. There is so many more players, more to see, more to explore, more to interact with, more trucks to choose from. American Truck Simulator would be nice if we had more states and more trucks to work with. As a company owner doing a convoy is pointless because egh it is boring. I have tried to do some convoys with myself and my driver and Jesus I get so bord right quickly I have to do everything i can to keep motivated. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is awesome because while going down the road you can expect the unexpected. You never know who is going to pull out in front of you, you never know who is going to spawn in front of you and you never know where the admin is. Thank you for reading this posting. 

it's a simulator after all. not meant to be anything fancy in the first place. which is why many sim games can't keep up with the hype trends set by other games as most people unconsciously cross-genre and speak of comparison when naming no content or boring. you either dig it.. or you don't. many THINK they dig it.. but end up in disappointment.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Finding new ways to play helps.  I'll play HOURS on MP, but eventually the empty roads get boring.  I just downloaded the Klaas eco mod, going to give that a shot in SP.  I played the SINS copy mod of it and really enjoyed that until it was killed.

Imagination is key on MP I think.  I play it with real world intentions.  I take brakes after a few hours, I rarely will pull over on the highway.  I'd rather keep on the road a few more miles and get off on at a scale/station/rest area as would happen in the real world.

Of course, I still know it's a computer game and might have a few "beverages" while tooling around.  I played with a guy a few nights ago and we may or may not have gone on a little "booze cruise." XD

Since opening this topic i have made a job.
Many of my friends do not like ATS, Reason:

- Too few cities.
- too small map.
- too few DLC's.
- too few Trucks.
- too few Paint Jobs.
- To few weight choices.

After giving feedback form I created for them prove to these points be the reason.
ATS is less fun and challenging in relation to ETS2.
Because there is little to change the truck with the skin and the Accessories.
Also considering the number of weight choices who are not, is becoming ATS is not popular.
There should be a lot of change to ATS, to want more players on late play ATS.

Perhaps now that SCS have implemented the WoT events across both games, that'll give people a reason to switch between the two games. Just a shame that the reward for the latest ATS World of Trucks event is a crappy background image and nothing of real use to anyone! 

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

ATSMP from my side is not popular because most players playing TruckersMP come from Europe and so they won't be very familiar with how the trucks in America work and how trucks are operated in the States with regards to weigh stations, and the design of the big rigs are different to the trucks over in Europe as they are slightly longer in length, so it is more difficult to make turns in those trucks. 

Also ATS is not fully complete at the moment and it will take several years before all 50 states are built. 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I prefer ETS2 because...

1. I'm a real life truck driver in the US so I get enough of that during the week.

2. As others have said, ETS2 has more people, and the reason I play multiplayer is to meet people along the highway.

3. More content and a bigger map. This helps to keep things fresh longer. My biggest problem with ats is it's mostly desert. I've lived my entire life on the east coast so the green in Europe more familiar than all the sand in Cali, Nevada and Arizona. 

4. In the winter ets2 gets snow mod. This really helps to keep things fresh. Ats could use some snow in areas like Donner pass and northern California. 

Those are my reasons. Personally I really hope they start moving north in ats, it could use some green to contrast with all the desert sand.

4032341714344438s.jpg 

76561198141524626.png

• 2 weeks later...

I switch between the two depending on what time of day it is. Pretty much every day it seems ATS multiplayer surpasses the 400 player mark. That's decent for the current map size. Once it dies off I go and enjoy ETS2. Right now ETS2 is a bigger game in many respects, so I enjoy it a bit more (for the meantime). However I find that ATS has put a lot more detail into the world, which makes driving on the same roads more interesting than in ETS2. It's going to be absolutely amazing when ATS achieves the same depth and size as ETS2. I believe ATS will become the better game, in time. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

I have try ATS, i love American Trucks but the MP version is overshadowed by ETS2.
ETS2 is much more developed and the graphics are much better then ATS.
The  trailerparking parking is more difficult  in ATS then in ETS2 and that is what i miss on ETS2 , cities and some roads are very beautiful but that's it.
Maybe if there were more choice of trucks en DLC such as DAF and Scania in ETS2 have then i will try ATS again but for now my preference is currently going to ETS2.

tmplogo.jpg

8 hours ago, slayer320 said:

^there is no issue.  It's pretty standard that the 3rd party TMP mod will not updated for a few days (maybe even a week or two) as the dev team gets the mod to be compatible with the new features.

i consider myself a casual ATS player, but i do find this interesting to see how this will work since the new mexico dlc is a paid dlc that not everyone is going to buy. so will there be different MP severs for this or what exactly?

20 minutes ago, 8up Local said:

i consider myself a casual ATS player, but i do find this interesting to see how this will work since the new mexico dlc is a paid dlc that not everyone is going to buy. so will there be different MP severs for this or what exactly?

For MP, all it will mean if you don't have the map DLC is that you can't go into New Mexico, and depending if SCS included company texture files, being able to see the specific company someone could be hauling for.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Archived