In-Game call

SuliHD

Suggestion Name: In-Game Call

Suggestion Description: To make it more realistic, we can search for other players by using /s or /st and we can pm via /pm id. But I wanted to suggest something a bit unique. /p(rivate)c(all) id

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: It should be added as an equivelent to the PMing system and if you are looking for a friend or something, you can call them and two commands that could be used is /a(ccept)c(all) or /d(ecline)c(all). For me, it would be useful and it seems more realistic. We won’t have to shift+tab into steam or discord, we just do everything in game which will be more convinent.

- SpeedySuliHD :)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

I'm giving this a big thumbs up +1.

It's a brilliant idea, i think it will be great, instead of having to use CB where anybody can hear or using external sources like Steam's Rubbish voice call and Discord/Teamspeak. I think this is probably gonna turn out great.

Hope to see it ingame soon. ;)

• Like 1

cmgeow.pngbanner

+1 Pile on the likes here, if you know your friend is here, would be a useful thing to have so that they can come to meet you. It's also going to keep discreet discussions within that group and that users won't have to use other means.  

Another thing that could have been included would be to teleport to the service station that's nearest your friend, but Calais and Duisburg conditions are so bad that there is not a chance. 

Edited by Positivetrucking168
edit grammatical error
  • Like 1

Excellent idea, I support it.

It shall certainly make it easier for users to communicate with friends in-game and, as you said, it will make it a lot more convenient.

The possibility of group calls should also be taken into account, it could potentially stop the spamming of Discord links and teamspeak IPs in-game with the hopes of recruiting members to a given VTC.

• Upvote 1

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

I support this idea as well, however, i would like to be able to turn my phone off as well because u know. Cold callers trying to sell you gas and electric may call me XD

• Like 1

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

Nice feature to have +1 but what if after having it, people begin to feel the want of having "conference calls".. we might all go back to saying: "use discord/ts......"

If possible, maybe increase the number of CB channels so that the chances of you and your friends having a conversation might not overlap with others'..  i.e number of channels to a balanced ratio towards average number of players within each server and the average number being calculated perhaps, over a month's statistics.

If not possible, I would enjoy seeing this implemented too.

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually this is a good idea, which should get added to get better ways talking with other guys, but the Admins may have to hear these chats too (of planning to ram someone,...) so i think its not 100% private.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well its nice suggestion but it has some disadvantages

• It brings load on servers example think EU2 server 3700 members capacity and imagine everyone are in-game calls which bring heavy load to server.
  • most of the people from US,Australian and Asian timezone members will connect to EU server due to more people on those servers and Asian countries have ping issues like 300+ ping, my point is if they use in-game call their ping will increase due to more quality,  lags in game and might even get kicked from server due to high ping.
  • every random people can call you just to troll. imagine you are in high crowded area and you get in game call by troller.  
  • you need to record game each and every time to report if some one abuses you in game-calls. 

well i always use Discord.It is providing free service with many features and voice quality is High:)

UxiKSFa.png

Hello @Ajith18592,

I am not sure it will affect ping and it’s similar to CB I guess and CB doesn’t affect ping. I haven’t seen any problems with people being affected by CB and In-Game Chat. With the trolling, you will mainly get CB Trollers with music but there may be a command to block calls from anyone. I know Discord is there and quality is high, but sometimes you see someone on the roads in ETS2MP or ATSMP and you want to talk to them about something and you won’t need to alt+f4. I personally suggested this because it would be more efficient and quick in order to communicate. No need to pull over and alt+f4 and stuff. 

Kind Regards,

SpeedySuliHD_TMP

TruckersMP Forum Mod

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.