Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Linux gaming

Marceli

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Positivetrucking168 said:

Hello,

There seems to be an issue on your part - TruckersMP does not support Linux, nor any non-Windows OS. Please install a 64-bit Windows OS to run TruckersMP.

I can run TruckersMP from linux using Wine, a lot of games runs fine e.g. GTA V, omsi 2 and a lot of anothers games. I don't like windows - its very bugged and dangerous, games in linux runs without any problems, i know a lot of peoples who play TruckersMP in linux, but i want to be sure, because i receive a few bans and my next ban will be one year. sorry for my broken english.

Windows is not bugged (unless we are talking about Windows ME, Vista and some updates of Windows 10) and it is only as dangerous as the user who operates it makes it, really. You won't be banned for playing Euro Truck Simulator 2/American Truck Simulator on Linux. Though you might want to be careful when it comes to multiplayer.

Truckers MP does not officially support any Linux distribution or MAC OS. Only the x64 versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are currently supported, with no plans of support for other operating systems. There currently are no mentions in the rules about a modified launcher so I cannot say it is illegal according to TMP's rules (nor can I say it is legal), whoever, do bear in mind that TMP does not support or endorse third party modifications, either. It is recommended that you do not distribute a modified version of Truckers MP's launcher to any user, as it has not been developed by TMP's development team and thus, we cannot assure anyone that it is safe or be held responsible for any leakage of login details or any other type of personal information.

If you really need to verify this modified launcher, please do contact our support so you can talk directly to the Project Manager and/or other upper staff responsible for the development and support of Truckers MP. Please read the following thread for information on how to contact the upper staff and how to use the feedback system:

• Upvote 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >