Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Reporting System Ban starts timer at next login

Ryan E

Suggestion Description: If a user gets banned via the reporting function on the website the timer for the ban should start at the next attempted login 

Any example images: Nope 

Why should it be added?: For example if a user only plays on weekends and a 3 day ban gets issued for the user on a Tuesday, there is technically no punishment as the user doesn't play on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and by the time the user logs back on, on Saturday the ban is gone. This maybe difficult to implement but I don't know if it is possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

• 8 months later...
On 9/22/2017 at 6:22 AM, Ryan E said:

user doesn't play on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and by the time the user logs back on, on Saturday the ban is gone. This maybe difficult to implement but I don't know if it is possible.

Hello, 

I dont really agree with your topic why? 

The quoted message above does not make since. Just because the user dose not play on the week days that the ban should be issued on the next login. If the user was banned on the day he was supposed to be banned and hes not logged in on the week days the ban will just go by. It would really be a shame to wake up and see that I've been banned on a day I was not banned on I'm pretty sure he would not be happy. I think the way the bans are being used now should stay the way it is. 

Best regards 

-dFuZe

Stay happy and safe

Hello ,

I do not agree with you. as it should be If the report is accepted after the report is handled, then it should be banned. 

and bans are not according to the wishes of the person. rules means this. bans are not according to the wishes, but according to rules. you should understand.

Regards.

Forz0214

-1 from me

A ban is created to block the player from going on multiplayer, not to sit and wait until the player tries to play when they expect to no longer be banned.

I play on a somewhat random basis, so sometimes I dont play for weeks. I wouldnt be very happy if i were to come back and be banned for something that happened a while ago.

Of course, the real solution would be to make longer bans, especially for the reckless driving and overtaking accidents.

And I want to remind you of something: We don't drive to live under a strict government. We drive for the sense of freedom it gives us. (I know, that sounds very american, but its true.)

Edited by S̶ ̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶ ̶k̶ ̶i̶ ̶e̶
Added/fixed words

No, just no. As stated above people should  get the bans the way the do now. I do not see a reason to punish player after months when he decide to log in for something that may happened long ago.
It does not matter which days the player plays, the more bans the longer time and then perma one. Current system is fair enough. One more thing, if a player get more reports from different people, his/her ban will be longer even if it's first one.

• 2 years later...