Ban for a cheater regardless of the history

srtxmonolit

Suggestion Name: Ban for a cheater regardless of the history

Suggestion Description: Adding tougher amendments to the rules on cheating in connection with the increasing number of violations using cheats

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: This will allow the game administration to react more strictly to the use of cheats in the game, and will serve as a lesson for all cheaters, present or future

• Like 6
  • Upvote 10

srtxmonolit.gif

76561198074298411.png

+1
Since November 2014 till July 2017 i have met 2 speedhackers, only in 2.5 years! (both were banned)
Since 5th July 2017 till today i reported 19 cheaters, 18 of them were successfully banned, 19 in 3 month, can you feel the difference?
It was ok to ban them for one month in 2015/2016, since no one was cheating anyways, but now amount of cheater increased significantly and we have to do something about it.

Edited by novice
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

+1 

A small fact - way back in the early days of the mod if you were caught using any hacks on Multiplayer you would get a permanent ban, even if it is your first offence before they changed the rules to 1 month for first offence, 3 months for second offence and perm for third. My proposition would be that the first offence is three months and the second is a perm. 

I think that the rules for cheating should be tightened because we're not in a time where hacking was mainly just limited to speedhack - the cheat program for ETS2 now includes things like NCZ hack for example, resulting in even more chaos.

In addition to the ban for hacking, in my opinion the IGAs should also consider adding the initial ramming/trolling offences onto the length of the hacking ban. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

+1
I support. It's high time to tighten penalties for cheating, as it is done in almost all online games. Having played this game for about 6 hours this weekend, I had to write a report on 5 players using cheats. It's a nightmare of some sort. A month ago I did not hear about cheats and did not hear (except reading for speed). If the problem is not taken under control, then by the end of the year the server will only be inadequate on the cheat machines.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marco6158 said:

Even though we never publicly said how we treat cheaters, we have always had internal rules which punish that kind of violation much harder than usual.

An interesting situation is obtained. Rules that players are familiar with are not used by gaming administrators, but they use other rules that the players are not familiar with for some reason. Straight paradox what is it.

Edited by M??t??

6 hours ago, marco6158 said:

Even though we never publicly said how we treat cheaters, we have always had internal rules which punish that kind of violation much harder than usual.

You must ban players permanently for using cheats. Moreover, it's a pity that the Staff encourages the use of cheats. Who allows users to use cheat "No damage"? Who uses it? Mostly those who ram other players...

Edited by [???????] Fallen [BY]
  • Like 1

I think, TruckersMP needs more strict rules! Not only for cheaters. I think, if some driver advisedly ruined game for other players (like cheating in public places, blocking all roadway for a long time), he deserves at least 3 month ban, even if it his first violation. So, +1 from me.

Edited by CTAKAHbI4
mistype

It's a mixed answer from me, I'm not totally against, but I'm not totally for the idea. Yeah "cheaters" are just the scum of the gaming world, but what do you class as cheating? How can you detect someone who is using cheats? Can what happened on screen be explained by other phenomenon such as desync, server latency, poor driving skill etc. It's not such a cut throats world as what most think, it's barely ever a yes or no situation. 

7 hours ago, CTAKAHbI4 said:

I think, TruckersMP needs more strict rules! Not only for cheaters. I think, if some driver advisedly ruined game for other players (like cheating in public places, blocking all roadway for a long time), he deserves at least 3 month ban, even if it his first violation. So, +1 from me.

I disagree about having stricter rules, on EU1 yeah sure, that is the SIMULATION server anyway, but on all servers? No thanks, I don't want to have to deal with trigger happy admins or auto systems that insta ban for doing 0.1MPH over posted limit or some other crap, the rule book as is, is fine, doesn't really need much amendment, what needs amending is people's attitudes, both behind the wheel and in chat, half of the issues are just stupid reasons. 

In my honest opinion, some rules need to be either slackened off or dealt with case by case, too much generalisation goes on and every player is expected to behave in an identical way, like toys leaving a factory, but the reality is, it's like sticking a box in a circle and saying it fits perfectly all round, it doesn't work.

10 hours ago, [???????] Fallen [BY] said:

You must ban players permanently for using cheats. Moreover, it's a pity that the Staff encourages the use of cheats. Who allows users to use cheat "No damage"? Who uses it? Mostly those who ram other players...

It's simple, only allow players with driving records that do not contain driving behaviour infringements, I.e, ramming, trolling, blocking and speed hacking, if a player is seen using the mod to grief, instant ban and all mod privileges removed indefinitely. 

In in my personal opinion, stricter rules, constant bans and just general crap doesn't work, we all know this, ideally, the best way to defeat trolls is to get drastic, remove their mod privileges, lock their speed to a constant, take away their ability to drive fast trucks till they either learn or leave, if they block roads, make them go transparent and ghost after certain times, with it not being removed till they've driven a sufficient distance away.. the problem should be dealt with by a more coded direction, less strain on admins = faster response times and better incident recovery, it makes everything fairer for all, you behave, you get everything you want, you break rules, you start losing those privileges till you're driving a stock iveco hauling heavy loads with a max speed of 35mph, a paint scheme that reads "be aware, I am a troll and I'm being punished for it". Those who are caught physically cheating will indeed require being permenantly removed from first instance, if the same ip is seen linked to multiple permanent banned accounts for the same thing, the ip is permanently blocked, simple.  

9 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

I don't want to have to deal with trigger happy admins or auto systems that insta ban for doing 0.1MPH over posted limit or some other crap

I'm sorry, but I didn't say anything about simulation, speed limits, etc... Maybe I was not clearly expressed because my poor english. Yes, rules "as is" are fine, but punishments sometimes too gentle.

The thing is, a harsh punishment is unfair on newbies who don't know much (Cue forum spam and lots of moaning). Also, cheating (such as money mods and no damage, FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY and not for trolling) is allowed, as long as you don't break rules with it. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with using a no damage mod . If harsher punishments are put in, it's unfair on newbies and will turn them away from playing again. 

76561198206943368.png  If my post helped, don't hesitate to click that green up arrow! ^_^

2 hours ago, JeKnYan said:

The thing is, a harsh punishment is unfair on newbies who don't know much

And we have such complicated rules that you need to finish the university to study them? In my opinion, any newcomer (who came to play in the ETS and not in the NFS or GTA) can easily master the multiplayer without violating the rules.

2 hours ago, JeKnYan said:

The thing is, a harsh punishment is unfair on newbies who don't know much

No, not at all. You accept rules after registering, it's the newcomer's fault if he didn't read them. And in any case, I have yet to see a game where hacking is allowed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 17.9.2017 at 3:32 PM, srtxmonolit said:

Ban for a cheater regardless of the history

I am totally with you but,

there are only a few cheaters in the game who are using their cheats to annoy other players. The most people reported are because of ramming, trolling or just not to drive like they have to. So if you want to make the same punishment system for them this would be unfair because the most of the user do sometimes things they should not do or they just react some how wrong.

Pls define cheater.

13 hours ago, CTAKAHbI4 said:

I'm sorry, but I didn't say anything about simulation, speed limits, etc... Maybe I was not clearly expressed because my poor english. Yes, rules "as is" are fine, but punishments sometimes too gentle.

To me, the punishments, mostly, are fine, although certain specific offences should be considered more severely and others less so, but on a whole, it's fine as is. 

The issue youll find is start pushing harsher harsher and harsher rules and you'll find the average joe is the one getting punished, not the troll, the cheater, the rammer, the blocker etc etc, before long servers will be full of either just trolls or just admins because rules are too strict for people to feel safe driving, there is a  find line between being too soft and too strict. 

10 hours ago, M??t?? said:

And we have such complicated rules that you need to finish the university to study them? In my opinion, any newcomer (who came to play in the ETS and not in the NFS or GTA) can easily master the multiplayer without violating the rules.

"Easy to master" don't make me laugh, it took me 3 months to actually learn the game and the mechanics, then when mp launched about a couple years later, it took me a few months to adjust to driving with other people, dealing with desync, constant traffic changes, etc etc the list goes on, if you're telling me EVERY new player who joins TMP is able to pick up ALL those necessary skills AND know the boundaries of every single rule, then I'm sorry but can I please have some of what you are smoking because that's some strong stuff. 

Its all dependant upon everyone's definition of what they want from TMP, if everyone wants a full simulation environment where everything is as realistic and rp'Ed as possible, then yes, the rule book will have to be hundreds of pages thick going into all the details, if everyone wants an Arcady have fun with friends, kind of environment then the rules will have to be more relaxed to fit accordingly, it's as simple as.

Also, in response to your reply, I wasn't necessarily asking about video proof, because anyone can call anything an act of cheating with the right amount of editing and camera angles, what I'm more talking about is data proof, ways in which admins can simply see that someone is using a hack/chest and so perms bans are set instantly, like I said, for things like cheating, videos just don't prove that it's down to a hacker/cheated.

+1. Anybody who deliberately installs a hack in order to disrubt others gameplay, I think should have hash punishments. However this is only with hacks such as the NCZ hack, I don' think speed hack should deserve similar punishments as really you are not disturbing anybody with it, just making TMP unrealistic. 

I do believe there are stricter rules and punishments for cheating. If you are to because speedhacking and you have no bans I think there is a preset time for this type of hacking and you wouldn't just get a few days for it.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.