Reports and Punishments

Glada_Laxen

Hi, this is regarding reports and punishments. 

I feel like the punishments are too short. For example, I reported a guy on let's say day 1, my report was not answered until 11 days after. But it was declined because the guy just got banned in-game. 

To explain more clearly. 

I reported a guy on the 1st of September. 
The guy got banned in-game on the 11th of September, looks like in-game ban by an in-game admin. 
My report is declined on the 11th of September because he was already banned. 
The guy's ban is only the length of the ban he received on the 11th September. Making my report void and invalid? I think my report should be added onto the punishment he just got. 

Because it looks like, since I reported this guy on the 1st of September he has been free to break rules through 10 days until an Admin managed to catch him in the act. But yet he is only banned for 3 days... doesn't seem right to me.

Not only are some reports made void, but ban lengths are just short in general. People don't seem to care that they get banned, considering the LARGE amount of troublemakers in-game. 

Edited by Glada_Laxen

SHeDTix.png

As a matter of fact, the evidence for previous offences will be added to the current ban as the other admins forward it to the respective iGA who has issued the current ban. Depending on the severity, this ban will either be extended or kept when the iGA decides that it merely is a minor offence which does not necessarily need an extended duration. However, in most cases, it is issued as explained before. Additionally, there are rules for in-game Admins which describe the procedure and how to deal accordingly with such situations. Nevertheless, it is your right to see the user punished for the committed offence you have reported. If you see your report being declined without an added duration of the ban, it is possible to contact upper staff who will either add a few days or explain you (based on the admin's decision) why an extension is not needed. As of now, the described procedure is already happening and thus, there is no need for a change because your described suggestion is, in fact, already part of the report system.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.