Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Queue Screen

LintonM

Suggestion Name: Queue Screen
Suggestion Description: Queue screen with pictures/videos
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: It should be added so we can look at pictures/videos while we are waiting to go online because waiting to go online can be boring and if we start driving while in queue, we might spawn (appear online) in front of another player and cause a collision.

Edited by TheGamer_500
Just to change the words Suggestion Name, Suggestion Description, Any example images, and why should it be added to bold.
  • Like 1

So, what you're proposing is - As soon as you hit drive, you see truck pictures whilst in the queue?

This would be a problem as players cannot change their positioning say for example if they were last on a road in-game, meaning that they will spawn in a road.

Admittedly, however, it would be a nice feature in order to showcase some works of other people whilst you're in the queue.

But, I'd rather be 100% sure where I am set to spawn in-game and thus I do not support this suggestion.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

21 minutes ago, Mirrland said:

This would be a problem as players cannot change their positioning say for example if they were last on a road in-game, meaning that they will spawn in a road.

Simple solution: don''t park on the road before quitting the game.

I'm against it too. I use the time in the queue to start my trip. Just a few seconds before spawning I stop next to the road. Looking at pictures is imo just another kinf of loading screen... and that's annoying. I want to start driving asap :D 

Ok serious: I think this is unnecessary.

Kind of neutral, would be nice if you could choose between having it or not having it. Because me personally, I like to start my truck, warm it up, find a job, and load up some good music while im in the queue. Also, do keep in mind that these pictures would have to get changed periodically, otherwise it will be the same as looking at the open road while you are in the queue if you look at the same pictures every time. And, last thing, this would add considerable size to the download file of the launcher as pictures and especially videos are quite large in size ;) . 

@TheGamer_500 It is very strange and I not fully understand the proposal. Regardless of what you had in mind - while waiting for their turn, the player must have the opportunity to prepare to the entrance to the server. Maybe, he need a move to a safe area so as not to interfere with other players when you log into the server and do not create an emergency situation. I am against.

10.jpg?_1693113983

Or f they're parked in the road, they will be automatically moved to the nearest non-collision zone or moved to the side of the road if there is not a border beside them or just make it against the rules to park in the middle of the road. And this should be an option in the settings. And we should be able to add/remove/change pictures/videos.

Edited by TheGamer_500
Add something to the reply.

Tbh I feel it would be a somewhat useless feature because if you're waiting to go online (in queue or such) I and probably many other would rather get nibbles and a drink rather than watch a Powerpoint presentation or as said before, move your truck around before the masses arrive. 

-1 from me, I'd rather load in and have the opportunity to set up routes and if my game crashes, I'd rather have the time to move before being connected instead of looking at the same images over and over again.

On 11/09/2017 at 10:48 PM, DrEGZo said:

Simple solution: don''t park on the road before quitting the game.

I'm against it too. I use the time in the queue to start my trip. Just a few seconds before spawning I stop next to the road. Looking at pictures is imo just another kinf of loading screen... and that's annoying. I want to start driving asap :D 

Ok serious: I think this is unnecessary.

You do know there's different reasons for people spawning on the road right? Not just by players choice, it could be game crashes, server crashes, auto save load... it's not always intentional.

18 hours ago, DrEGZo said:

Yeah I know. I agree with game and server crashes. But this happens just rarely. I don't agree with auto save loading since doesn't get you in the queue.

Well I was only using them as examples of loading the game and spawning on the road, was not intending to 10000000% tie them to the OP anyway, besides it doesn't mean they are specific to the point reasons of spawning on the road which I, MYSELF was addressing PERSONALLY. 

But it there are legitimate reasons why people SPAWN ON THE ROAD, such as crashes or auto saves.

As for original post, no, there's just no point in adding this in when people could use the time while waiting to join to get their vehicle in check and routes setup for the day. 

Looking at the other replies above. I am with the majority. It's an idea that I don't think would work in realistic terms. For example what @Mirrland mentioned about having the chance to reposition is something that I do while in the queue. It I was unable to do that I would be in some very weird places when I load into the game. Also, the idea of looking at pictures/videos takes the simulation effect away from the game. 

Nice idea but I don't think it would work with the way TMP already is. -1

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

2 hours ago, TheGamer_500 said:

I just said a few days ago as a reply that u could automatically be on the side of the road or at a repair shop if u crashed/left on the road. And how does pictures/videos take the simulation effect away? There's pictures on the loading screen.

Any function that you propose require time and resources to development. After the implementation and release of each function requires resources for its maintenance and support. You suggestions useless and carry more inconvenience and trouble than it's worth. A waste of time and resources. In my opinion. There are tasks more important. More important to gameplay than to see screenshots and/or video on the load/connection screen.

10.jpg?_1693113983

23 hours ago, Mr_Pingu said:

@Mirrland if your game crashes go into Single player and move your truck, save and go back into MP

Personally, that's fine if you run your game off an near empty SSD, but for us mere mortals who have HDDs that are quite full, loading Singleplayer, entering the game, just to move 5m can take up to 10 minutes real time, then having to log back into TMP can take just as long, most of the time it's just not worth it trying to jump back and forth to move around, so when it's quite busy and you're in the queue it's invaluable to be able to move while connecting so you avoid the annoyance of going back to SP.

Like I said, it sounds like a 5 second job, but in reality, most of us just don't want to deal with the wait times etc.

23 hours ago, TheGamer_500 said:

I just said a few days ago as a reply that u could automatically be on the side of the road or at a repair shop if u crashed/left on the road. And how does pictures/videos take the simulation effect away? There's pictures on the loading screen.

How would you code into the game, without reverse engineering the base game, being automatically moved in the event of a crash or disconnect? It's not a simple coding process at all.

Also, some can argue that having picture while loading takes away from the simulation because people can be waiting for 10/15 minutes loading and would rather just instantly be able to do pre drive truck checks like a real trucker before joining (at least, that's what I do), it adds to the real world feeling.

This is not something that can be implemented. When you press 'drive' the server starts connecting you, however, the loading screen to the actual gameplay is base SCS game and we are not allowed to modify the base game in anyway.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

Rejected.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

• Ashley locked this topic