Profile location on F:\ drive

Dustin.M.Weaver

Question

Hello,

I understand that typically the game saves the profile data in the Documents folder, which is on the C:\ drive in the users directory. My profile data is in the F:\ drive (along with the game install files). I have steam using the following start up command:  -homedir "F:\Documents\American Truck Simulator"

Is there a way to accomplish this without making drastic changes in windows?

I have tried changing the target in the shortcut properties to this: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher\Launcher.exe" -homedir "F:\Documents\American Truck Simulator"

Thank you in advance!

5 answers to this question

Hello there, @Dustin.M.Weaver.

1. Create a backup of the files you want to move (mods, savefiles). Don't proceed before making a backup.
  2. Create a folder on your secondary disk where you will move the mod files. Let's say D:\ETS2\Yourname (Replace "yourname").
  3. Run windows command prompt as administrator, and proceed with the following.
  4. mklink /D C:\Users\yourUser\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\temp D:\ETS2\yourname.
  5. This will create a folder named 'temp' inside your regular ETS2 folder that points to D:\ETS2\Yourname.
  6. Test if the symbolic link is working by accessing: C:\Users\yourUser\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2*temp*.
  7. Rename or delete your original mod folder: C:\Users\yourUser\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod).
  8. Rename the temp folder as mod: "\Euro Truck Simulator 2\temp" --> \Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod.
  9. Now your mod folder inside "C:\Users\yourUser\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod" should point to "D:\ETS2\Yourname"

Kind Regards,

Taaasty