Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

The no damage mod

Babou71

Suggestion Name:  The no damage mod

Suggestion Description: I think that the no damage mod should be prohibited. Why ? Because the trolls use the no damamge mod to destroy all the truck in their way. The reals players don't use the no damage mod. 

Example : If a troll uses the no damage mod and he destroys several trucks and his truck have 100 % of damage, he doesn't go to the repair shop but he use the no damage mod,  then he continues to make the troll

Any example images: no

Why should it be added? Reduce the accidents

Regards, 

BABOU71

Edited by Babou71
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

BABOU71, un singe génial #TPMP & #TMP

Hmm, as a person who is uploading reports and recording 24/7 I will disagree, because by that mod I started to feel unique. In highly populated roads like Calais-Duisburg there is just NO way (or a little like 1%) to pass without damage, because there are always some VERY reckless drivers who will not stop on time, or don't get the idea of driving with safe speed (I'm talking about speed which they can control, because there are always crashes on that road and you need to stop somewhere). The idea of this mod is to create a protection from people who are thinking that they are playing NFS.

-1 from me.

+1

Though the problem is how to detect and keep it from being used. There currently ins't any known way to confirm when a player is using it or not. One can only guess but if action were to be taken, said player could easily claim to be innocent and administration would have no real means to prove otherwise.

• Upvote 2

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

+1 I wish there could be a way to see if a player is using the mod. I know the feeling, Last week I could recover from $ 80.000  debt made from other drivers that were driving at 130/150 km/h and didnt give a sh** about other players, they crash, start the engine again and continues with their crazy travel without saying "Sorry". 

12 minutes ago, Elmo On The Road said:

Hmm, as a person who is uploading reports and recording 24/7 I will disagree, because by that mod I started to feel unique. In highly populated roads like Calais-Duisburg there is just NO way (or a little like 1%) to pass without damage, because there are always some VERY reckless drivers who will not stop on time, or don't get the idea of driving with safe speed (I'm talking about speed which they can control, because there are always crashes on that road and you need to stop somewhere). The idea of this mod is to create a protection from people who are thinking that they are playing NFS.

-1 from me.

I think that there is another solution that using this kind of mod, like for example taking an alternative way or avoiding some cities in crazy hours. But giving the chance to no suffer damage to a player just to avoid that kind of damage ends in bullet trucks that doesnt take care of what they do when they get out of the city. I understand you, I dont use the mod because would be really boring to drive something that always will be at 100% even with my own mistakes and errors, but I prefer 1 to 15 dmg while driving in the city that 100 dmg from a bullet truck.

• Like 1

On 6.9.2017 at 5:00 PM, Babou71 said:

Example : If a troll uses the no damage mod and he destroys several trucks and his truck have 100 % of damage, he doesn't go to the repair shop but he use the no damage mod,  then he continues to make the troll

Even without the mod it's not necessary to do F7+Enter. It's not difficult to remove all wear in just a few seconds by save editing. Of course, it's easier to use a no damage mod, but there are other solutions which can be used to avoid the repair station.

You said that it should be prohibited because it could be abused by trolls. It is already prohibiited to abuse it. So if you ever see a player using it to ram other people, he will be banned (if there's any way to check whether he's using this mod).

Prohibiting it additionally for the players not abusing it is not necessary.

Spoiler

@DuratorqTDCI Read the suggestion again. You agree with the problem mentioned by Babou but you don't agree with the suggestion? That's simply a contradiction.

Neutral, I personally don't use it, I like to play realistically and using a no damage mod is certainly not realistic. As mentioned above, I also think it would be a waste of time implementing this as no one would be able to tell who is using it and who isn't. 

• Upvote 2

Mixed, although I don't use mods like this, I can see why some people use it, not to troll,but to just get through the dangerous areas without having to save edit, save, reload or abandon loads which gets frustrating over time, but I can see how it's abused.

the best compromise is to allow the mod to be used, but if someone using the mod is caught trolling, then they have their access to the mod permenantly removed.

Also a simple way to maintain the mod and monitor/prohibit use is by making it a selectable mod in the options menu for TMP, but if you are banned for trolling with the mod enabled (easy to find out by having a logger that is enabled whenever the mod is enabled/disabled by players online, much like chat logs) meaning that those who use it for it's intended use can still use it, but those who use it to troll get their punishment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind if the team decided to forbid this kind of tools. But I have to admit that I do use a trainer with no-damage option, because I do mostly WoT jobs, they don't allow to load previous saved games, once your cargo gets damaged it stays damaged (and I don't know how to save-edit to remove damage or anything else). I also like to play in EU#2 because it's where you find lots of other drivers (and of course, lots of reckless, bad and troll drivers), this makes it so frustrating to drive for over 1000 Km with no damage and when you are about to deliver, some idiot coming 160 Km/h (or faster if in a car) destroys your cargo and your 1-2 hours game session with no chance to recover...

The problem is that these trainers give several other options that can be used in a bad way, some of them give you the chance to use a "turbo-engine", some include the NCZ hack. And the worse thing about it is what has been mentioned already, it's almost impossible to determine if someone is using it or not in a bad way. When the NCZ hack was first seen in the game, you could see reports declined because "We can't be sure if it is the NCZ hack or a server sync bug". So reporting for the use of no-damage or similar tools, would be almost useless.

This being said, I'm neutral about the subject. Implementing a rule seems unlikely as it would be too difficult to enforce. The no-damage mod can be used for your own protection, which is completely legit in many circumstances. And if it gets forbidden, people will find a way around to keep trolling and avoiding damage (by save-editing or whatever other methods).

I understand that the purpose of this modification is to not be damaged.

Still I agree on prohibiting the no damage modification, because it can and likely will be abused by those who want to cause mayhem.

Also, it does not add any realism to the simulator which makes its existence and usage questionable.

I do not state to forbid everything that can be abused, but IMHO this specific case is an exeption.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

And if it gets forbidden, people will find a way around to keep trolling and avoiding damage (by save-editing or whatever other methods).

Save editing doesn’t allow to avoid damage, you can only remove it - and that’s not a thing of some seconds, it usually takes 1-3 minutes to do this.

Additionally, it doesn’t work on WoT trailers, since you would have to hack the WoT server to remove the wear.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use No Damage mod becourse this is not realistic enymore and many people abuse this mod.
You now if you drive on EU2 then there is more change you will ram by other drivers, you can make a choice for going to EU1.
I drive most time on EU2 becourse there many drivers but i now the risk of ramming is bigger then EU1 so i set up a quicksave button on steeringwheel and if i think there is something going wrong i push at the button.
If somebody ram me i can use my quicksave and follow my destination whitout damage, so i don't need No Damage mod that can be abuse by a lot of people for other purposes

tmplogo.jpg

18 minutes ago, [DND]Bull[NL] said:

i set up a quicksave button on steeringwheel and if i think there is something going wrong i push at the button.
If somebody ram me i can use my quicksave and follow my destination whitout damage,

Sure, but what about WoT jobs? Loading previous saves doesn't work with those, once your trailer gets damaged, it stays damaged, so quicksaving is useless. Doing WoT jobs in EU#2 is pointless unless you stick to the "desertic" areas of the map (and for that, you can better switch to empty servers or play SP with AI traffic disabled). Or you can use a no-damage mod. I drive very safely, can't remember the last time I crashed into a barrier or similars, and yet, playing without the no-damage mod means that I'll have to cancel lots of jobs or deliver with severe damage, earning nothing. Because lots of people don't respect anything other than themselves and they'll ram you out of their way. It's so frustrating to start a job, drive for 1-2 hours, all perfect, and when you're 50 Km away from your delivery point, some braindead comes doing 160 Km/h (or faster with a car) and destroys your cargo, making your game session an "all-for-nothing". No, thank you. Since no-damage mod/trainers are allowed, I'll keep using them as long as EU#2 is the most crowded and entertaining server.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Neutral. I have two points of view. First, I think that the mod helps you a lot to play safer at the game. Yes, It's not realistic, but players who ram you for fun it's more unrealistic comparing with real life (it's a simulator). I've used this mod some time ago and helped to work with my VTC (doing jobs).

On the other hand, I agree that the mod will increase people ramming others, so deactivate the mod on MP for everyone can be a solution (but the rammers will still like always).

Obviously, when I've used this tool, I've avoided accidents the same way like when I didn't have the took. So, every player that will use it, if you can avoid a crash, avoid it, it's better for both.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.