Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Curiosity about save edited trucks

stickmaster62

I was driving earlier with my DAF that I put a Volvo engine into and I started to wonder if other players driving by could hear the Volvo engine or if it sounds like a normal DAF to them. So my question is can you hear the engine that someone put into their truck through save editing (like my DAF having a Volvo engine), or does the truck in question sound like normal as if it had the engine it's suppose to have (like my DAF having a DAF engine)?

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online_profile.php?id=85051 <--World of Trucks Profile

I play EU#1 on ETS2MP, North America on ATS

I drive the speed limit, stop at red lights, ect. (Unless I'm bobtailing on the autobahn :P)

I have thoughts about creating a truck club.

iirc the players around you will hear the save edited engine, not the normal one that comes in the truck default. So if you have a Volvo engine in a DAF truck for example, the players around you will hear the Volvo engine.

EDIT: After further investigation from myself using my own truck, its turns out it was the sounds files that change things, the engine will sound will stay default =P

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

The reason I've said that @DrEGZo is because whenever I've heard a 'hybrid' truck / truck with save edited engine in-game, my own included, you hear the engine you have put in it. I'm sure you can change it via editing the internal and external sounds as well as you said, but its the same with the engine you put in it, you hear that sound of that specific engine, not the default one of the truck. 

I am actually going to jump in-game and test this one out to double check.

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

The game loads the sound files that are in the save folder, so if you manually save edit just the engine perf file itself then the game will still load the default sounds, if you change the sound file then it will be like above but with the sounds.

Engine performance and sound files are in different file directories within the base.scs so they will not affect each other if one is changed if that clears things up a bit more

its like me saying that people will still see a company trailer even if I've save edited it to be a plain one.

Shiftin' gears and drinkin' beers

I did a little deeper investigation myself and I can confirm that what @Hammy Potter and @DrEGZo said is true. Thanks everybody for your input, this was very educational indeed! :D

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online_profile.php?id=85051 <--World of Trucks Profile

I play EU#1 on ETS2MP, North America on ATS

I drive the speed limit, stop at red lights, ect. (Unless I'm bobtailing on the autobahn :P)

I have thoughts about creating a truck club.

Multiple answers given, I'll be closing this to prevent content-count farming or repeating of replies, thanks for your participation.

Locked and archived.

Archived