Road Rule penalties

Dudeface

Suggestion Name: Road Rule Penalties

Suggestion Description: Make crossing double white lines an offence with the penalty of a warning, with three warnings in 6 months leading to a 1-week ban and then a 1-month ban, 6-month ban and so on. Also overtaking on the inside on a single lane road have similar penalties, make overtaking in traffic jams have the penalties system too allow speeding (But only to stop people from sulking about it) and have it on all servers.

Any example images: no.

Why should it be added?: To reduce crashes

I think this is a good idea. While there is the minimap to help out, you really shouldn't be overtaking on sharp corners because I find guys who do often drift into my lane or flip over. Besides, there is a dashed line on most places of country roads, only not on sharp turns. I agree with the idea about overtaking on inside (called undertaking, btw) too. Ruins simulation, dangerous if someone wants to pull over, and definetely doesn't help if there is a traffic jam already. 

Regards,

sko0923. 

• Upvote 1

Just get more admins, I'm sure there's a bunch of people trying to become admins, just get more.

I agree with the idea about overtaking on inside (called undertaking, btw)

I referred to it as overtaking on the inside on a single lane road to avoid confusion with dual carriageway undertaking, which should not be banned because of it not being that dangerous and it would also lead to people sulking about it.

@Shadowgaming(2) The problem is administrator permissions cant just be given to anyone wanting them. They mussed be well know around the community and gain trust with the community. They also mussed start as Support, Moderator, Media before they get promoted to admin.

ccowie25,
TFM Presenter,

Admins are busy at it is. They will not park at each intersection making sure people stop at stop signs and so on. So for me, its another -1.

ccowie25,
TFM Presenter,

This is simple we simple don't have time to do that, you guys don't even know the ammount of work being an IGA can be between checking the web-reports, dealing with ban appeals, going the more you can in-game.

We already have to much work without adding these useless things.

Instead of restricting it to this admins just need to be less lenient with their bans.

The fact that people are being banned for a few days for incidents which are clearly purposeful the majority of the time is something that I truly hate.

If people want to purposely break rules they need to be removed sooner than later.

• Upvote 1

-1 there are already plenty of rules on overtaking and reckless driving, plus admins are already taxed enough with all the trolls and stupid people who can't understand how intersections work. 

On 09/09/2017 at 2:44 AM, Shadowgaming(2) said:

Just get more admins, I'm sure there's a bunch of people trying to become admins, just get more.

I referred to it as overtaking on the inside on a single lane road to avoid confusion with dual carriageway undertaking, which should not be banned because of it not being that dangerous and it would also lead to people sulking about it.

It's not that simple, if you let anyone be an instant admin, who's to say they're not a troll and thus ban every player they see indefinitely? Who's to say the person doesn't understand the situation shown and so makes the wrong judgement call? To be an admin, you need to be trusted, you need to prove that you are able to react to a situation, analyse it and make a evident decision, that's thing not every random player can do in an instant.

Also, yes, while overtaking on a solid or double solid line is illegal as the road could be cambered, the turn could be blind or the brow of the hill could be obscuring traffic ahead, this is a game, as long as no one makes contact or completely hinders other people's progress, then let them be, sometimes it can be an overtake for a reason, such as lag, desync or being trolled.

On 09/09/2017 at 6:45 AM, Shadowgaming(2) said:

Just because it will be hard to enforce, doesn't mean there shouldn't be rules against it.

That's like saying "oh let's add a rule that you can't enter a fuel station from the wrong side, mandatory admin action, that's simple right?" Wrong, do you know how many fuel stations there are ingame? You would need double that amount of admins for a rotatable schedule, same goes for overtaking on solid lines, how can you police millions of miles of road? It's impossible, you'd need a admin team the same size as the map to get anywhere close, so policing it is extremely hard, it's not a case of, oh there's only a few no overtaking zones, fair enough, there's literally thousands on the roads in BOTH games, so it's not as simple as you think.

12 hours ago, Shadowgaming(2) said:

Ever heard of recording?

What about recording? Until we have legit dashcam and telemetry data that can show speed and throttle position of other players, there's no point trying to enforce small unwanted rules, who's to say that someone's trying to overtake a slower driver who then decides to speed up and leave someone hanging on the wrong side? 

In in my opinion, there's far more serious offences that practically get overlooked, I mean, so what if someone's passing on a double line, in my opinion, so long as they don't drive recklessly, I.e at high speed and not care about checking for traffic, let people pass whenever, especially if its desync anyway, if an accident occurs, well then it's dealt with through normal rules, there's no need for ultra specific rules like this, especially when the map isn't a 1:1 scale so passing zones that might last a couple of miles IRL last about 200m. 

• Upvote 1

Although I generally agree with meaningful rules I think this would be an overkill. Bear in mind that we are on an MP server, where there is no AI traffic. Now just by looking at the nav computer you could easily overtake a heavy hauler when it´s safe despite of double lines.

Besides we already have rules for that: Incorrect way, inapproriate overtaking, ramming, reckless driving including speeding all apply if you cross double lines without caring for traffic. One rule that especially inludes double lines is this one: "While Driving in TruckersMP, users are required to follow the traffic laws of the respective country."

In my opinion most of the players don´t mind if someone crosses double lines as long as they do it in a safe manner.

THe idea of having an automated system to check if you have crossed a double white line would be something very weird and complex to add from what I know. There would also be issues of people complaining about false bans and that it is unfair. The way TMP deal with bans and history is effective in y eyes and I don't think we need to enforce even more rules. Even though its a simulator it is also still a game.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 2 years later...