Conducting the traffic?

Mika L.

There's a lot of in-game discussion between players at the roadworks on the Oslo-Bergen road, in terms of if normal players are allowed to conduct the traffic as admins are.

There's some players who thinks that they can conduct the traffic when there's no visible admin there to block the traffic. But personally, I don't think we are, since we have to follow the rules, which includes blocking. I mean, if the trucks you're blocking want's to get passed you, they can. They simply gonna overtake. Only if it's an admin, there's a 100% chance of they ain't getting away with overtaking the admin, but if it's a player, they simply overtakes. Since some people overtake, because it's a normal player, conducting the traffic, should we be allowed to conduct the traffic anyways, or is it banreason if you're blocking one lane, trying to hold back the players while the others overtakes?

What do you think? Are we allowed or not? Should we be allowed or not?

KjhfSmo.jpg

I Have spoken with an admin, this is being decided. The truckers.mp team is currently discussing this subject. it will most likely be a No. meaning they probably wont let you. But again, i am not part of the truckers.mp team, i'm just letting you know what i've been told from the truckers.mp team.

ccowie25,
TFM Presenter,

Regular players are NOT allowed to direct traffic. If you do happen to catch anyone trying to direct traffic in anyway you're allowed to report them since it is against the rules. 

Even though this is called "Inappropriate Convoy Management" it proves my point:

§2.13 Inappropriate Convoy Management

Groups (and Individuals) which offer services such as piloting a convoy, or directing trucks during a convoy are not allowed to block, or slow down, traffic in any way, shape, or form.

Hello, I don't like the idea. It would be a mess because everyone want to do this Job or just block the whole traffic.

You maybe should post a Topic in the suggestions Forums section. If you want that we are able to discuss about it post it in 'open for discussion'.

Still -1 for me.

Kind regards,

avantry

6535101263.png

4 minutes ago, ccowie25 said:

I Have spoken with an admin, this is being decided. The truckers.mp team is currently discussing this subject. it will most likely be a No. meaning they probably wont let you. But again, i am not part of the truckers.mp team, i'm just letting you know what i've been told from the truckers.mp team.

ccowie25,
TFM Presenter,

I thought so.

3 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

It's mostly counted as blocking, I've already seen that people got banned for this.

Normal players should not try to behave like admins. 

Excactly. I have too.

2 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Regular players are NOT allowed to direct traffic. If you do happen to catch anyone trying to direct traffic in anyway you're allowed to report them since it is against the rules. 

Even though this is called "Inappropriate Convoy Management" it proves my point:

§2.13 Inappropriate Convoy Management

Groups (and Individuals) which offer services such as piloting a convoy, or directing trucks during a convoy are not allowed to block, or slow down, traffic in any way, shape, or form.

Right.

1 minute ago, avantry said:

It would be a mess because everyone want to do this Job or just block the whole traffic.

Excactly.

2 minutes ago, Spyder - Truckers.FM said:

You are allowed (if there are no admins there) But you are NOT allowed to block the road with your vehicles. You can help simply by text only. This was stated by @Trucking Australia in an earlier status update someone posted.

But that is what I mean. Those players who acts like admins, who want's to direct the traffic IS using their vehicles, and it's that I'm not sure is allowed, which I don't mean it is.

KjhfSmo.jpg

Hello MikaL!

10 minutes ago, MikaL said:

or is it banreason if you're blocking one lane

Self-evidently, you have never heard of the official TruckersMP in-game rules. Please read them as thoroughly as possible, maybe even twice as you have not done it before. They can be found here:

If you have read that, you can find the following paragraph:

§2.6 Blocking

Restricting a user's travel path, blocking entrances to highways or other entry points or anything similar.

Next, there should not be the necessity of a traffic control in the first place. However, if you still decide to block a lane, you will get banned.

In addition, you might want to check out this topic as it is quite clear what you want:

Kind regards,

Anriandor
TruckersMP Moderator

The topic you're referring to has had many discussions in the past; particularly relating to the use of Skoda vehicles and other trucks to emulate the work of traffic control or a highway police force, etc.. In the past I wrote an extensive piece about the amount of true man hours required to actually have an active part of the administration team available on each server at any given time. It simply is not feasible, given the size of the staff team, versus the thousands of players online at peak hours. If you were looking at an actual efficient group capable of conducting what you've mentioned, the number of Administrators would have to be increased by tenfold realistically. Aside from that, this has been discussed several times prior to this instance and the community directors are quite clear in the fact that they not only wont allow a police group to go around acting as traffic police or Highway Patrol, although many of us may enjoy it or the sound of it, also, that players found excessively reporting (eg. making it their primary mission) may receive punishment. It simply is not an option at the moment. 

Additionally, it would change the sense and play style of the game from that of strictly Trucking and driving to a more actual role play based environment which requires a much more intensive administration process.

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

Simply put.... regular members cannot block traffic, they can assist by text only! blocking with your vehicles will get you banned.

1 minute ago, Anriandor said:

Self-evidently, you have never heard of the official TruckersMP in-game rules. Please read them as thoroughly as possible, maybe even twice as you have not done it before.

Should I find that offensive? 'Cause I have, I have even upvoted the post..

But the meaning of my thread is the point that if the players are allowed to use their vehicles to control the traffic, when there's no admin, because I have seen a lot of players be like: "I'm allowed by an admin", and I'm just thinking: The in-game admins is not really to get in touch with, unless there's something horrible wrong. I even tried yesterday asking about the traffic lights and some other thing I can't remember - no answer.

KjhfSmo.jpg

10 minutes ago, Spyder - Truckers.FM said:

You are allowed (if there are no admins there) But you are NOT allowed to block the road with your vehicles. You can help simply by text only. This was stated by @Trucking Australia in an earlier status update someone posted.

Well yea, but personally I would not do it since I don't know if it is 'acting like an admin' 

6535101263.png

Easiest way is to not try to help and leave it for the admins, and if there are no admins there, then drive a little more carefully and expect sillyness and try your best to avoid it.

An admin cannot have allowed any player to block the road.  Anyone who says that is clearly lying.  

Only admins are allowed to block that road and  even TMP staff such as support or mods are NOT allowed to control the traffic there apart from using text chat.

I don't know how to put this any clearer.

Allowing players to do this would make some people think they are admins and would end up causing more harm with trolls starting to block and people blocking on other roads as well.

Just now, Spyder - Truckers.FM said:

Easiest way is to not try to help and leave it for the admins, and if there are no admins there, then drive a little more carefully and expect sillyness and try your best to avoid it.

That's the way I do it. If the other direction doesn't pass, I'm going to pass them. But there IS those small kids or unserious players who just ran the whole que. Quite sad actually. :lol:

KjhfSmo.jpg

Generally speaking it seems as though telling people to go one at a time and referencing their ID's would quite solve most jams. Blocking people off seems like a poor option, not only is it against the rules, but it seems to be quite a bit more work for the same if not lesser result. 

As for the little argument that appears to have sprung up less than a dozen replies in, I'd recommend retiring that discussion on grounds of common courtesy and misunderstanding. 

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

I think a good end to this discussion is to simply say that it is not allowed apart from in Text only, however, it should be left totally to the admins as they are in contact with eachother at each end of the works and have a system and a full plan in place for it. Regular members can assist by text only, but should think "Am I actually helping or making it worse" before going ahead and trying to help out.

As far as the blocking is concerned, as stated by @Anriandor, the rules explain fully that blocking is not allowed...

14 minutes ago, Anriandor said:

As an admin, and as an IGA that is there like 3 hours a day, It´s totally forbidden to players to block any lane, in any place. Rules say it, players can´t block anything or will result in a ban. 

From my POV, there´s nothing more to say as you can read this is the main rules of TruckersMP.

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff    

13 hours ago, sko0923 said:

I have been away for a few weeks... Is Oslo-Bergen the new CD road? I have never even thought that would be busy, when I last drove by there it was always just a few trucks on the way that I would see every now and then. 

You can say that, yes. Because of the new update with the double-trailers, everyone is heading to Scandinavia to get a double-trailer (well, almost everyone..) and takes the Oslo-Bergen road because of it's just an amazing road with amazing views and interesting road tunnels, etc. not to mention the roadwork close to Bergen, which has desync traffic lights where admins have to control the traffic. :lol:

KjhfSmo.jpg

It can cause problems, so no I don't think it should be allowed (and currently, it isn't). Just more headaches overall for the TMP team.

Though, if I see someone doing it and they are actually doing it correctly, I just wait, get through it, and continue my thing. Not gonna be entirely mad at them for trying to keep it reasonably organized. lol.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

Archived