Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

A question regarding the ban system

BulgarianRexter

Question

I know that the 4th ban is 1 month, 5th one 3 months and 6th one permanent but my question is if the 3rd ban was issued 1 year before the 4th one does this decrease the punishment of 1 month or does it not? Because if people got 3 bans over 2 years ago and now they get one more they are basically screwed because of the system change.. I just want a logical explanation to how all of this works

5 answers to this question

A full guide on how the ban process works can be found here: 

To summarize for you, any ban over 1 year old is ignored when the 4th ban comes in to play - for example, if you get 3 bans in 2 months, but then get banned 18 months later, those bans are ignored in your history and your slate is effectively considered clean, although the record will still stay.

4 bans within a year period will result in a 1 month, then a 3 month, and then permanently, as so written in the news post.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

If you have three bans and the first ban is older than 1 year before the fourth ban, the first ban will not count anymore, therefore it would be now considered as three bans within the last year again. 

For example:

Ban 1: Expires 25th May, 2016

Ban 2: Expires 5th September, 2016

Ban 3: Expires 28th September, 2016

Now you get a fourth ban applied on 30th August, 2017. Since ban 1 expired more than a year ago, it does not count. 

If the fourth ban gets applied on 29th September, 2017, all of the three bans are already older than 1 year, therefore fourth ban would be considered the first ban within the past year.

Bans that are over a year old have a yellow dot next to them and dont count towards your ban i think it may when it comes to the 4th ban of course if you were hacking those would be overlooked and it will be a perm most likely also depends wether one of those 3 bans was ruled as a mistake and has a red dot next to it like one of mine does they wont be counted in consideration to the 4th ban and it wouldnt be a 1 month it is also a thing depending how long youve been here such as me admins will give you longer ban times because you know the rules as youve been around for a year now so it honestly depends but id say proberly not but i could be wrong hope this answers your question.