Adding a small realistic effect.

Suggestion Name: Add a mod/script to make internal sounds that help to create a realistic environment.

Suggestion Description: First of all. This is an idea I have and sorry if this is not possible, just thought that would be nice. I'm not coming to ask for a 240Mb patch, I just thought about 2 sounds that would add some logic to this multiplayer world. First would be a radio static when people use the voice chat (we can discuss if just a final effect when they cut the transmission or a whole radio effect - because I know that some players don't have a nice mic and the effect could make it all worse-) I'll attach a video as an example.

The second one would be to simulate the chat messages and could be just a simple vibrating effect of a mobile, I don't really think that it's necessary an example here.

Any example images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqaqytX7NwY

Why should it be added?: To add some realistic touch and don't think that the voice you hear is from a Hispanic/Portuguese/French/etc god that is talking inside of your cabin.

+1 For the first idea!

I really like the idea of the radio sounds, this would make the CB a lot more realistic and it think it would be a great touch! Like you said, I don't know if that would be hard to make happen, but I think its a really good idea!

However,

-1 for the second idea. If you're saying that there should be a sound when somebody sends a message, this could become extremely annoying in high traffic areas, such as Calais, Duisburg, Bergen or Oslo. Maybe you could make this sound togglable in the TMP Settings pannel. I just think that may be pushing it slightly :wacko:

• Upvote 1

^

Well, it's a nice point of view about the spam, it could be something you can toggle, or it could just have a limitation like real apps have (like Telegram) that its called smart notification, this would be, have a limitation of, for example... one or two vibrations per 30 or 60 seconds. Thanks for your comment too!

Edited by Anriandor
Removed unnecessary quotation.

I like the idea, however, I never have CB on simply because it gets annoying listing to people not respecting eachother, the typing insults are enough lol

Well, I dont have much time playing but I never listened to bullying or insults on CB. But also is... something I guess that always happens, with or without the radio effect nothing is going to change, this is just made to help players who enjoy a realist environment.

I like the first idea, i would be very nice.

I liked the second idea, It would be great but i prefer it only with the personal message.

+1

I really like the CB radio effects idea. Options for disabling the sound effects could be added to the Tab menu and there is already rules governing CB useage that involves kicks or bans, so it wouldn't be much to add a rule against trolling by keying up and down uselessly or whatever. 

I hope the OP's suggestion is considered by the devs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

^

Hahah thanks, I know its not a war game but I play it and was the first thing I had in mind trying to get an example of what I was talking about! Thanks for your comment :3

On 3/9/2017 at 2:27 PM, Zomb Lee said:

I really like the CB radio effects idea. Options for disabling the sound effects could be added to the Tab menu and there is already rules governing CB useage that involves kicks or bans, so it wouldn't be much to add a rule against trolling by keying up and down uselessly or whatever. 

I hope the OP's suggestion is considered by the devs. 

Thanks for your idea and comment, I really hope that too! :3

+1 from me for the first idea. I hardly play TMP, but when I do, it would always be nice to have a little extra realism. Such a sound would barely add 1 or 2 MBs, if a proper, small sound file is used. Possibly even as little as a few hundred KBs.

As for the second idea, I agree with others on if it could be toggled on & off or only for Chat PMs.

• Thanks 1

Interesting idea and it would make the immersion more realistic as the game is a simulator. However, if this was to be added the sound would have to be picked/created carefully. My reason for this is imagine being sat in a highly populated area and there are 10 people trying to talk over CB. All you would hear is the spam of that noise. You would also have trolls that decide to spam the button to annoy other players.

As for the second idea, i believe you would have the same issue with spam. I'm going to use Duisburg as an example. There is usually a lot of people there and the chat is always pretty lively. If a notification sound was to be played everytime a chat came through I would get a little annoyed if you can see where I am coming from.

Not bad ideas, I just don't believe they would work well with the way multiplayer can be.

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...