Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Virtual one-way "walls"

crouton

Suggestion Name:  Virtual one way walls

Suggestion Description: Using this at service stations and other exits. You would "split" the entrance/exit in half and put a virtual one way wall in the opposite direction. For example, in Europe, since you drive on the right, you would put a virtual one way wall restricting entrance on the left side of the entrance so you don't hinder with exiting trucks/cars. Vice versa for the exiting side. This way - cars stay to the right when leave/entering. In UK it would opposite. This way, even at entrances to service or other areas, drivers would still use the same rule as to which side to drive on. This might help a lot at services such as Duisburg where you have trucks and cars flying in to service anyway possible. I'm not sure how this is possible to make, but maybe the dev team can think of something :D

Any example images: none.

Why should it be added?: It might prevent problems/traffic/flying trucks at entrances to non-collision area and improve traffic flow.

Thanks you!
I

-1 what if you are hauling a long or wide load and need that extra turning space to nter?

Also, making entrances "one way" restricted will just congested entrances more, especially in busy cities. 

In in my opinion, a more simple fix is close entrances off after x number of vehicles have entered and only exiting traffic is able to pass through, that way less are trying to enter and exit at the same time.

On a lot of country roads service stations are only at a distance of more then 100km and a lot of trucks and cars have to use them. But at the most of this stations the entrance is  prohibited from one way. So you do not have the chance to use them if you are driving in the wrong way (I know that you have to look for your fuel tank but this is a game and a game should also make some fun and do not disturb only because you forgot to refuel and are not able to use the gas station.

Sry but -1

Slushbro

-1 because there could be more, traffic and trucks need more turning space if the truck is loaded with two trailers or a single big one, and there will still be flying trucks,

in theory it's a good idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...