I have a too high ping

BuddyStone

Question

4 answers to this question

Reset your modem.^

Hello @BuddyStone

Please can you reinstall both truckersmp and ETS2/ATS.  

Please can you Open port 42850 on your router.

This issue is most likely due to your ISP.  

Please also make sure you don't have any other network heavy applications running in the background

Does this work?

Start by restarting your router. If this doesn't help make sure you have all other connected devices to your network disconnected and try to play with cable if you are over Wi-Fi. If you keep having connection problems try to open the specific ports: 42860, 49200, 42890. Also set Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 

If you are uploading a video to YouTube, your bandwidth will be partially used, so as a result you'll have higher ping when you play the game. When I play TMP during my video upload, it jumps to the region of 200 to 400ms. Wait until your upload has finished and then you can play TMP with your normal ping. Ping can also depend on the reliability of the internet connection that you are using. 

I'll give you a rough ping chart for distant locations based on EU servers (South America - 220 to 350ms, East Coast of USA - 80ms to 180ms, West Coast of USA - 140ms to 260ms, Asia - 200ms to 350ms, Indonesia/Oceania 270ms to 450ms). 

Also, reroute your connection to the port that TruckersMP supports. 

Edited by Positivetrucking168
add missing information.