The new reporting system

ViperSRT

Question

Hi,

Is the new reporting system(in-game) actually being used by admins? Just curious.. Below is the update log by mwl4(highlighted). As per my understanding, a demo is stored on server, 2 mins backwards from the time of reporting? Is it correct? The reason I'm asking is, I got rammed by a player while overtaking him on a highway. He intentionally did it, so reported him immediately. He was still ahead of me after I reported, and he was driving at like 40 kmph. So, I tried to overtake him and again he rammed me. I report him again. He does the same 3rd time, but this time, his truck does not start and hence I go ahead with my cargo delivery.

However, after sometime, I get a chat notification like "[System] No action was taken against player wikgames (634, TruckerMPID:1385959). [22:12:34] [System] If you feel this to be incorrect, please submit a report on our website." 

I thought the server kept demos while creating report in-game. So, I was not recording and have no evidence as such. Am I missing something about below update?

Hello!

New version 0.2.1.9.0 has been released.

Changelog:

New report system *

Added encountered players in scoreboard (last 1 minute)

* New report system implements demo system. This means that every players movements are recorded for 2 minutes in back (even if player leaves, the movements are still saved).
While creating a report the game server creates a demo using stored movements (also other data is processed) and saves them in the report for certain time.

From this moment consider using report system in game rather than web reports. 

Thanks in advance!!

5 answers to this question

Hi @TSRVTC ViperSRT

Reports sent within the game remain available for only 10 minutes, after the time expires these are deleted and that is why you see that message. My advice is to always record and report through the website to get at least one answer.

This happens because your report was not reviewed within those minutes, probably because of the large number of reports that must exist.

Greetings.

The new report system keeps the evidence for the duration the rport is in our system.

However admins are not always able to do every report. You still ahve to record if you want to report people.

If the report is discarded, the "evidence" is deleted and you need to report the player with your video on our website.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!