[23]ThunderSky

Replace DLCs truck parts with originals

Suggestion Name: Replace DLCs truck parts with originals

Suggestion Description: If someone hasn't the Tuning DLC, all parts should be replaced with the originals one. (You already did for wheels if i remember well.)

Any example images: 

C27E50902C11B1031ACE57D8795ACDD5DAB3C6FF

3E57F87B5A1F71A4324CA51F705B680C1A079B20

Why should it be added?: Because, seeing trucks without lights or missing engine parts, is really ugly and dangerous ..

Edited by [ICG] [23]ThunderSky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

I agree with this. This should be done for both the Mighty Griffin and the DAF tuning pack parts. Missing rear lights can cause danger and missing parts make the game look poor aesthetically.

+1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with you because the game is really ugly when someone has tuning DLC and i have not. For example "schwarzmuller DLC", i dont have it, so truckers who have trailer with this DLC, are just red and there's written TEXTURE

I'm surprised nothing was done about it already.

Surely it's relating to ghost driving at night since there is no back lights at all, but obviously not the drivers fault.

I agree with you because If a player have daf dlc and the other players don't have daf dlc , the other player cannot see the all of the truck parts. This topic need to be accepted .

+1

TBH, I have not noticed this in-game I guess that is why the front end of Scania's appear black for me. I have not invested in either DLC but I just might now knowing that trucks may not have lights. I will keep an eye out now. 

The amount of times i crashed into a DAF with their DLC is annoying. I cant see their lights or turn signals and i almost got banned many times for it.  Yes, i keep my distance but there is only so much space u can give before you rear end them if that makes scene.

I also fully agree to have some kind of placeholder for Mighty Griffin/DAF Tuning Pack rear lights for those, who don't own such DLC's - In real life you wouldn't be able to use vehicle, which has no working rear lights since lack of these lights would cause dangerous situations during night, or during severe fog, which limits your visibility range by quite a bit. Simple set of required flares for indicators, brake lights and such, or simply using fallback to one of the already existing rear lights, designed for such truck would be sufficient. 

On 8/22/2017 at 1:44 PM, Fairy Princess said:

I don't know somebody wouldn't have the DLC, its amazing. :P

but yep +1 if its possible to do.

Old post, but me :P. Personally I can't justify spending the money because I play first person so I will hardly ever see the truck modifications anyway.

+1 Bobtailing trucks with the DLC bumper has no rear lights, as a result they have no warnings when they are slowing down or when they are turning. 

Hello my idea is to make sure that people who do not have dlc tuning to see real trucks but can not use the items until they buy dlc :)