ATS additional server(with some rules off)

Suggestion Name: ATS server with allowed custom road trains

Suggestion Description: Since HCP(HeavyCargoPack) was released we get opportunity for build a custom road trains without any GAME limitations. But before last (1.28) update we don't have all of needed parts for build it(only dolly and heavy lowboy), we can build only heavy-train. Now game content was extended and have three different dolly, three types of multiple segments and each of that type have 2 or 3 formats, and one nice surprice - last trailer can be any. So we have great opportunity to build heavy-train (with same or different cargo), long/short road train using "wabash" parts (with same or different paint-jobs), and finally we can build "chameleon"-train from all types (using heavy, "wabash" and common trailers). But not all players can drive that or ready to see/haul it. Also this caterpillar may create some dangerouse situation for other trukers (like stucking on the hill or in some turns), what require understanding, normal reaction and maybe some help(maybe with taking damage) to solve situation.

Any example images: I can attach images with road trains(with each type, heavy, long/short, "chameleon") but suggestion about server :D so there is nope

Why should it be added?: I agree with rules about editing trailers for common ATS servers(EU 2 and US) but want haul(not only i) a realy big road train(with 3 and more[5 max] full/over-size segments) - it's trial for your trucker skills, it's really hard, it's really interesting, it's great for convoys, it's ideal for team work, it's just beautiful and looking amazing. Enabling of these(restriction of editing auto-trains) rules may scare off some adequate public, loving normal hardcore

You add new server with no-car rule, this is a good(no more beeEEEEEEeeeBAMeeeee under truck cab) but small and almost imperceptible change. You have EU4 with allowed trailers with car. So why not add that server with edit doubles trailer+ rule off as trial server with increased segments limit to 9, minimal players slots count(like ETS2 staff convoy server or less) and no scout car. I understand what that server configuration may cost too much (10 entities for sync per player...) but if you just add common server with disabled edit rule and cars it would be great.

Also when save was edited not correct it's safe for your servers because game will crashed before send new data/server connect :troll:

And one new fix (but by who? SCS or You) it's when lead trailer don't have additional joint, slave trailer try find and attaching to first previous

Thx

Edited by [RUS] Sosa_Brigman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good news - now this suggestion open for discussion, so if you want that server will added, please, write in reply "+" or "Yes i want it" or something like this

When this suggestion will accepted i write small guide how to build road train like that (right now it's not legal) :D 

Spoiler

Crane for install transformator and coil to connect - Electrical set

20170815020133_1.jpg

The Grand wine delivery :)

20170822062344_1.jpg

Would be better if forum staff add polling to this topic

Small advertising of this topic is welcome

Edited by [RUS] Sosa_Brigman

Separate server or not the ATS servers already don't get used that much compared to the amount of players on the ETS 2 servers. I'd imagine the current servers would stay, the North Americans have a server that's close to them and the Europeans have a server that close to them. IMO the only thing that makes sense would be to add yet another server, so ATS will have 3 servers instead of 2, which of course will cost money. Who's going to pay for it, you?

(Please note the event server doesn't count as a server for ATS because I think they use the event server for both games, which ever game has an event gets it. ATS had a event recently so that's why it's a server for ATS).

ETS 2 has the player base, so therefore they will get the most servers, they can even fill up 3 servers, maybe even 4 if they really wanted to. ATS on the other hand can't even fill ONE SERVER so I don't see us getting yet another server any time soon because we don't need it. 

Currently ETS MP has 7,456 players combined through all servers, ATS has 270 through all servers..... 270 players. Granted the main player base is at school and work right now because mainly North Americans play ATS, but still, even then the ATS servers can't even break 600 players on average, that still doesn't fill ONE SERVER

Great idea, but if you really want a road train then you'll need to do this in SP, because as I've said, ATS just doesn't need another server because it WILL NOT be used so it's a waste of money on TMPs end. 

17 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Separate server or not the ATS servers already don't get used that much compared to the amount of players on the ETS 2 servers. I'd imagine the current servers would stay, the North Americans have a server that's close to them and the Europeans have a server that close to them. IMO the only thing that makes sense would be to add yet another server, so ATS will have 3 servers instead of 2, which of course will cost money. Who's going to pay for it, you?

(Please note the event server doesn't count as a server for ATS because I think they use the event server for both games, which ever game has an event gets it. ATS had a event recently so that's why it's a server for ATS).

ETS 2 has the player base, so therefore they will get the most servers, they can even fill up 3 servers, maybe even 4 if they really wanted to. ATS on the other hand can't even fill ONE SERVER so I don't see us getting yet another server any time soon because we don't need it. 

Currently ETS MP has 7,456 players combined through all servers, ATS has 270 through all servers..... 270 players. Granted the main player base is at school and work right now because mainly North Americans play ATS, but still, even then the ATS servers can't even break 600 players on average, that still doesn't fill ONE SERVER

Great idea, but if you really want a road train then you'll need to do this in SP, because as I've said, ATS just doesn't need another server because it WILL NOT be used so it's a waste of money on TMPs end. 

I think personally that that *custom roadtrain server* will attract more people to ats. At least you could try

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Euro Trucker 2017 said:

I think personally that that *custom roadtrain server* will attract more people to ats. At least you could try

I agree. If SCS unveiled lots of 1:20 scale states at once ATS would sell like hot cakes and ETS would drop in popularity lots.

If my comment helped, Please give a Positive Rating above ↗ ↗ ↗

+1 I think this would work really well because after they fixed rocky mountain doubles from crashing everyone, my friend made a roadtrain out of 3 53 foot RMD trailers and nothing crashed and this would make the game much more fun as well as it tests your skill and even to just trial it with a smaller server would be great and if it is popular then increase the server size from there.

(Also I'm from Australia and trust me we see roadtrain that are sometimes 6 trailers long)

ats barely has enough people for one server that might change once it gets all the states west of the Mississippi. so it would be a  waste of money and time with upkeep.-1

14 hours ago, [RUS] Sosa_Brigman said:

Good news - now this suggestion open for discussion, so if you want that server will added, please, write in reply "+" or "Yes i want it" or something like this

When this suggestion will accepted i write small guide how to build road train like that (right now it's not legal) :D 

Hide contents

Crane for install transformator and coil to connect - Electrical set

20170815020133_1.jpg

The Grand wine delivery :)

20170822062344_1.jpg

Would be better if forum staff add polling to this topic

Small advertising of this topic is welcome

I also give a +1 draw.
I know this first picture, would like to use it on an extra server with car (pilot)

Due to the lack of users that actually play American Truck Simulator - compared to when it was first launched -, spending extra funding on a server that is not cheap what-so-ever for few people to use is not an effective use of money, which is why there is absolutely no plans to add extra unnecessary servers.

If you want to make huge road trains, use singleplayer.

Rejected.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

• Ashley locked this topic