A few questions about Doubles...

ZakYeen

So, I've been thinking about a few things, they have to do with the double trailers. When I was presented with the new TOS, I noticed that D-Trailers will not be allowed outside of Scandanavia and SCS themselves have restricted their spawns to Scandanavia only. Why is this? I've always been a little curious as to why this is. I know that doubles are pretty common throughout Europe, and not just Scandanavia. So why would they be restricted just to Scandanavia?

Also, lets just say I decided to cross the border from Denmark into Germany with a D-Trailer, would I expect to be kicked or would I recieve a straight up ban? Will this bring way to a "Doubles outside of Scandanavia" ban topic?

I suspect that doubles are +40tons and they are simply not allowed everywhere in the EU

Some countries are still testing them out like Belgium and The Netherlands but they are limited to select routes

base ETS2 isn't build for the doubles and triples so you'll have trouble navigating there

So dont compare the low weight/high volume doubles with the high weight/high volume doubles

Born to be wild in 1982 | Does not accept random Steam friend requests

As for SCS's reasoning behind their restrictions, I believe it is because of the configuration of the vehicle, it is mainly based out of Scandinavia and not permitted in other countries.

As for the punishment for breaking the rule with double trailers, it will be left at admin discretion for now, so it can be either a kick or a ban. Personally, I will be kicking first as a warning but this is just my personal judgement on the rulings, every admin is different.

The restriction to Scandinavia only is done by SCS themselves, however, unless it's one of mods making it possible, I have had one outside Scandinavia, so if those showup in MP with no mods, I'm not sure whether the MP team will be aware of this and allow them to be taken outside Scandinavia if the destination for the trailer is outside of there.

That said, I'm not sure which mod would allow me to have the destination outside Scandinavia since I'm not using any trailer mods, only a few truck modifications on my SP profile, guess we will see how that plays out in the future.

^^^ It seems that it's automated. It didn't happen to me, but I remember reading someone who was automatically kicked (by mistake, by the way) because the game "thought" that he was leaving Scandinavia with a double. So in theory, no one would be banned, just kicked. It remains being a problem, though, as you would be unable to finish that job unless you do it in SP.

EDIT: Just to add that no one should be oblivious to any of the rules. Every one is supposed to have read and agreed to the rules before downloading the mod. It's each player's responsibility to do it.

It is a fact that you get kicked. I was driving with normal trailer following my friend who had a double. She got kicked when she approached the border between Denmark and Germany. Also, rules has changed about save editing doubles, which only allows paint to be changed. I'm unsure if it is restricted to regular paint jobs (including default white), or if it's allowed to use unusual paint jobs like Trameri or custom colors.

KkdaC1b.png

^ I have my doubles license plates matched with my truck and I save edit the plain trailer blue to match my DAF and I haven't encountered a problem.

I'm surprised that ETS haven't implemented BDF style vehicles yet or proper Scandi doubles instead of these Gigaliner styled doubles. I'd love to rock about with a rigid that has a 'normal' sized trailer on a dolly.

Shiftin' gears and drinkin' beers

I have a message for the creator of the Truckers MP rules that Gedser is part of Scandinavia. Thank you for rectifying the limit for double trailers. I did Bergen (Nordic Crown) - Gedser (Polaris Lines) and when I got to Gedser I got kicked. Here is a video for proof that the limit for double trailers is incorrectly programmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP40mNS3REE&t=7s

On 26.8.2017 at 5:53 PM, vinser56 said:

I have a message for the creator of the Truckers MP rules that Gedser is part of Scandinavia. Thank you for rectifying the limit for double trailers. I did Bergen (Nordic Crown) - Gedser (Polaris Lines) and when I got to Gedser I got kicked. Here is a video for proof that the limit for double trailers is incorrectly programmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP40mNS3REE&t=7s

I had the same issue with that. PLEASE fix it. It´s really annoying to get kicked everytime I forget about this route.

On 24.8.2017 at 0:44 AM, Hammy Potter said:

^ I have my doubles license plates matched with my truck and I save edit the plain trailer blue to match my DAF and I haven't encountered a problem.

I'm surprised that ETS haven't implemented BDF style vehicles yet or proper Scandi doubles instead of these Gigaliner styled doubles. I'd love to rock about with a rigid that has a 'normal' sized trailer on a dolly.

The Dolly Trailer as a second trailer for Giga-Liners would be my dream:wub:

On 8/23/2017 at 8:40 AM, KeikoDeer said:

That's what I'm worried about, innocent people who are completely oblivious to the D-Trailer rules getting banned.

§11 Changing these rules

TruckersMP can change these rules at any time given. If one of those rules does not apply anymore, the others will still do. By playing our mod, you agree to all of these rules. You have no excuse that you didn't know about them.

They have right on the rules page that they can change them when ever they want. It's up to the player to check back every so often, usually after every game update is when I look over them again. 

1 hour ago, Hammy Potter said:

@Autonomous_Driving_1.3.7 I don't think people would be able to handle them... I see enough people struggle to park doubles at the rest stop on the Bergen-Oslo road.

That is the sadly truth, but it is still my dream on what should be included in TMP. The Truck-Stop on the Oslo-Bergen route is just horrible when you watch it for some time. 

On 8/20/2017 at 10:43 AM, KeikoETS2 said:

So, I've been thinking about a few things, they have to do with the double trailers. When I was presented with the new TOS, I noticed that D-Trailers will not be allowed outside of Scandanavia and SCS themselves have restricted their spawns to Scandanavia only. Why is this? I've always been a little curious as to why this is. I know that doubles are pretty common throughout Europe, and not just Scandanavia. So why would they be restricted just to Scandanavia?

Also, lets just say I decided to cross the border from Denmark into Germany with a D-Trailer, would I expect to be kicked or would I recieve a straight up ban? Will this bring way to a "Doubles outside of Scandanavia" ban topic?

you can use doubles only in scandinavia, if you cross the lane you will kicked from server.

signature.png.9f8c8e9133cef43300ba869d1f7a275d.png                          

GEORGIAN DISCUSSION

• 2 weeks later...

Archived