Should I report this?

[ST-LH] davidpayne

I don't think minor rear end collisions/bumps like that should ever be reported as its a very easy thing that can happen and pretty much always an accident, its happened to me plenty of times before being bumped into or bumping into someone accidentally and don't think its a reason to report or ban for. I don't think the 2 overtaking trucks did anything wrong, well apart from the 2nd one following a bit too closely but following too close is something very common in real life driving so no surprise to see people following too close in MP too :rolleyes:

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

7 hours ago, MettleMeat said:

I would advise you that as a player holding the rank of an admin, you should re-check that video and review your comment regarding "guarantee that no admin will ban for that". Because that comment is what makes proper players lose even more trust towards the team when proper evidence is being provided and that you missed the whole point of the getting the right perpetrator.

I don't think you understood my statement. If you re-read my reply you can see I put "But in this situation" right before I go on to describe that incident where I put that. Now in what way does that imply that I didn't see what the cabs did?

After my second sentence in that line I put "It's his own fault for following too close but doesn't break any of our rules substantially enough." Now you have to realize that I am talking about that second overtaker in which that "guarantee that no admin will ban for that" applies. 

"But in this situation"  Doesn't apply to anything else but what this video contains about that second overtaker where you even agree that it's not an actionable offense  v

7 hours ago, MettleMeat said:

The extra mistake here was that player  ID 234 followed too closely behind the overtake of 571 and the unexpected happened. Either way, he alone gets damaged for bumping into player ID 571 so there's no need to report such a accident caused from another accident.

I did not talk about the specific people that were at fault, but that can be assumed in the video with the cabs which I put "You can report other people even if you have not been involved directly." Which means that I did see bannable offenses and told the maker of the topic that they could report them.

I would advise you, as a player trying to criticize an admin, to make sure you understand what we are saying before starting stuff :) 

Personally, I don't think the lead player should be punished, the other player is clearly following too close and unable to slow down in time to avoid the hit. I totally agree with @Syntog :)

@Syntog This isn't about misunderstanding your reply, it's about the twist of words to favour your reply in response to my criticism.

The fact that you've responded with the usage of only quoting "But in this situation" allows you to twist it to fit any situation indefinitely; 

same way you gave a general statement in your initial statement: "You can report other people even if you have not been involved directly."

Idk about you, but I deal with clients IRL, facing criticism and new criticism almost everyday, new tricky twists of words, and having to solve such issues almost everyday on the spot, with my native language being English of course. But no that's not meant as an insult towards you, I just meant to say that this is what I do for a living almost everyday before making such criticism about your initial statement and hence I do actually know what I'm doing before giving your statement such criticism in public.

You can't just quote yourself using the words: "But in this situation", simply because when you place the whole quote in your initial sentence: "But in this situation, I wouldn't take the time to report as I can pretty much guarantee that no admin will ban for that." You chose to leave out specific details as to which player to report and which player to not report. You chose not to have clarity and yet at the same time, pass a judgement as a player of an admin rank and use the whole team of admins in public which takes even more weight especially if a new player is asking the query, or if said player is less inclined in English.

Now, I'm not claiming to know davidpayne or know if he is new or less-English-inclined.. but take a look at those people saying "see no need to report". These are people pointing davidpayne in the wrong direction and could have misunderstood you / agreed with your initial statement without watching the video clearly (or at all) and passing off similar judgements just to stack up on which direction the player should take. Please note, could have. I'm not saying they are doing it, but there is a possibility that some (or all) are. And there are definitely people less-inclined in English who agree blindly on the forums in reference to other topics and point many new/unsure players in many wrong directions.

There is no point in then bringing up clarity towards your second sentence, because it only further clarifies your second statement with regards to the player overtaking too closely. You used the term situation, which means in general, that's the only situation you see. The situation here, is the whole video in which you misunderstood when replying to OP's topic. It is the whole situation. All you did was point out the close-overtaker and generalised your whole statement in seeing no need to create a report with regards to the whole video/report. This has no link with your first sentence "You can report other people even if you have not been involved directly" because this sentence IS a general statement, not a statement directed at the other IDs of this whole video. You chose to leave out the specifics of the other 2 players, and only passed judgement on one while generalising "But in this situation, I wouldn't take the time to report as I can pretty much guarantee that no admin will ban for that." 

Clarity is very important when you pass judgement publicly, even more so when you bear the admin rank and use the whole team of admins for that matter. I only say this because upper staff always claim to look at reports/videos carefully (which they do and I love the team for it) but in this situation you showed a lack of upholding that responsibility. Now please note, I have nothing against you and I'm also not saying you are always lacking, but I'm just saying you did so in this situation only (or that I know of).

To further give my criticism clarity, this is davidpayne's quote: "witness to dangerous driving that caused...." He did not state exactly which player he witnessed so you as an admin have to point out to which player you said not to report (in which case we both agree on player ID234) BUT nowhere in your reply, did you state that his video proof was valid to report player ID584. You basically generalised NO as towards the whole "situation" you saw, which is very incorrect. If you choose not to point out at all, then you should have done what marco6158 did.

@marco6158 did a professional job here in dealing with the situation (because it shows he actually witnessed the WHOLE video and possibly witnessed reckless driver 584 and is willing to review the case by stating: "Please create a report and we'll deal with it." He passes no judgement in reference to that particular sentence (even though he agreed with Franky before saying that but all in all the agreement was the right direction davidpayne should have taken."

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

There seems to be a general msiunderstanding on who needs to be reported, it's not the trucks who made the overtake, it's the trucks without trailer coming on the opposite side.

They were "playing chicken" with other players and that falls under "reckless driving" category.

I think at this point this discussion can be closed, I've personally dealt with the user.

Archived