Should I report this?

[ST-LH] davidpayne

Regardless Of Whither Or Not You Where Involved In The Incident, You Have All The Rights To Report Someone That Has Broken Rules.
But, If I Was You I Would Not Report This, It Was Only A Simple Lag Spike That Caused Another Player To Hit Him, They Solved The Issue Right Away And Carried On Driving.

ccowie25,
TFM Presenter

You can report other people even if you have not been involved directly. As many have said above also ^ :P

But in this situation I wouldn't take the time to report as I can pretty much guarantee that no admin will ban for that. It's his own fault for following too close but doesn't break any of our rules substantially enough. 

How I see it, is that the first guy who overtook you had a lag and the guy behind him didn't give himself enough room so there was only one way that could go regardless of the scania driver in the oncoming lane.

On top of that, I can see you were doing 60 which was the speedlimit on that road, so exceeding that is usually just asking for problems one way or another, so at the end of the day all 3 guys was at fault, but nothing rulebreaking as far as I can tell.

However, I personally don't see anything to report in this clip, two idiots going over the speedlimit and a arrogant scania driver (as they tend to be) in the wrong lane for unknown reasons, it's tough to tell if it's on purpose or not, but this is just part of the daily fuckery in MP.

i would hope that is not a bannable offense...and as i don't record, i know a few crashes i would have liked someone else reporting  on my behalf

:wub:   ARRIVE ALIVE   :wub:                                                                                 

y4m6qDB-IifeCVT3FV6drZvjSt7gnQoGcLfq9w-q

BS INC. ESTABLISHED 2017 

Open your eyes guys please (it's not offensive), am I the only one who see it due to my old work as IGA?
The problem here is not the truck who had a lag, the problem here are the trucks which are comming from the other side and they were on the wrong side of road.
The player maybe made an auto-save to avoid accident with these trolls !
They did it to scared others. 
Because, here we can see trolls for sure, i'm not sure at 100% but this video had been recorded near to the CD road (is it not the road to Duisbourg?), they took a truck witout trailer to disturb users (useless trafic and/or trolling ?), i'm pretty sure of it.

Regards,
Francky  

UK : Many of my friends wanted to be good at pool. I preferred to be lucky, it's much easier :D

FR : Beaucoup de mes amis ont toujours voulus être de bons joueurs de billard, j'ai préféré être chanceux, c'est beaucoup plus simple :P

Serveur Teamspeak : ts3gh.eu     > > [ T.F.B ] Francky [FR]

76561197960545786.png

@[ T.F.B ] Francky [FR]

That is exactly the part that I also figured out as the true reason for this accident.

The driver in the oncoming truck is slightly driving over the center line so the driver in the first truck feels himself to compelled to quicksave.
I think it was a quicksave and not a deceleration because I could not identify any breaklights.

@davidpayne : you can make a report for sure

UK : Many of my friends wanted to be good at pool. I preferred to be lucky, it's much easier :D

FR : Beaucoup de mes amis ont toujours voulus être de bons joueurs de billard, j'ai préféré être chanceux, c'est beaucoup plus simple :P

Serveur Teamspeak : ts3gh.eu     > > [ T.F.B ] Francky [FR]

76561197960545786.png

i really wish people did not drive like this, so many see the game as a racing sim... in my honest opinion they should have speed limiter on at all times, but i know it will never happen as the kiddies and man children would get bored.

As for the clip, it was obviously a lag spike regardless of how the person was driving. (like an idiot)

Thanks everyone for the input. I didn't realize it was lag, or a quick save. I seen the truck coming in the other direction and assumed the lead truck on my side of the road hit the breaks, but as Francky pointed out, there was no break lights, so he is probably correct.

As someone who generally follows the rules of the road in real life in Canada, and in game, I think two people were at fault:

1. The truck coming in the opposite direction, he crossed the centre line.
  2. The truck that just finished passing me. He was following too close to the lead truck and did not have time to react. In most driver's handbooks it tells you to maintain proper following distance. He was also speeding. However, it doesn't sound like admins enforce speed limits or following distance.

I wouldn't lay any blame on the lead truck on my side the road, he was reacting to the other truck.

However, all this being said, I posted this video on Saturday. I played on Sunday, and filled up my allowed reports with a single trip. After being rammed multiple times, a trip from Poland to the UK netted me -50K Euros after truck repairs. I have no more room to report this.

:-(

Good news, my two trips last night were much less eventful. I have a few people on video who I would say were driving recklessly, and one attempted rammer who missed, but no one made contact with my truck. I avoided the mess that was developing in Scandinavia. I'm currently in Austria. :-)

David

If any player in this video deserves a report it would be 584 for driving on the wrong side of the road. At 0:16 he is 100% in oncoming lanes and if you pause at 0:17 85% of his truck is STILL in oncoming lanes. 2 trucks can't occupy 1 lane at the same time so he forced 571 out of his lane. Overall what seemed to happen in this video is as others have said, 571 probably lagged in front 234. This is why every VTC recommends you keep a 100-200m distance from the truck in front of you so you can react fast enough instead of stopping the entire convoy. 

If you really want to though, you can report both 373 and 584 for reckless driving / driving on the wrong side of the road. 584 just got lucky that 234 crashed before, otherwise 584 would have hit 234. IMO I would let 373 go since he really didn't cause anything but 584 I would 100% report, it doesn't matter what happened you shouldn't be driving on the wrong side of the road, especially since you KNOW players are coming because of the dots on the GPS. As I said, 584 just got lucky 234 crashed before or else you could have reported him for ramming as well. 

On 20/08/2017 at 2:09 PM, Lujer said:

How I see it, is that the first guy who overtook you had a lag and the guy behind him didn't give himself enough room so there was only one way that could go regardless of the scania driver in the oncoming lane.

On top of that, I can see you were doing 60 which was the speedlimit on that road, so exceeding that is usually just asking for problems one way or another, so at the end of the day all 3 guys was at fault, but nothing rulebreaking as far as I can tell.

However, I personally don't see anything to report in this clip, two idiots going over the speedlimit and a arrogant scania driver (as they tend to be) in the wrong lane for unknown reasons, it's tough to tell if it's on purpose or not, but this is just part of the daily fuckery in MP.

If you want limiter and only go in europe 1

I was just on the US server for the 1st time , I see things have not changed from the old Servers for the Europe and US servers , players still don't follow the rules , was just making a stop at a Red Light while going through a town / city , some guy flies by me at 60 MPH or more , I realize there were very few players on the server , but should the rules not be followed anyway ?

On a side note : I thought there was going to be traffic on the servers just like in Single Player , a little disappointing that there is no traffic , then players would have to follow rules a bit more .

^TMP cannot add AI traffic, the traffic will need to be synced with every single player and this will require a lot of server resources, something TMP doesn't have. Plus, add AI traffic and trolls can use them against us. Block the road and then all of a sudden there will be a traffic back up for miles, push a few to block entrances etc. Even if it was possible to add AI it's a bad idea

You aren't required to stop at a red light IF there are no players going through a green light. A admin won't ban you for running a red light or speeding AS LONG AS you don't end up creating a collision. Honestly, who cares if player run red lights, who cares if they speed, if nobody is around them they can do whatever they want IMO. Last time I was in Calais on EU 2 players were actually obeying the traffic lights and traffic flowed decently. In heavy traffic you may see users obeying the lights, but in no traffic as I said, just as long as they don't hit anyone who had the right of way who cares? 

I don´t think you should have to report it, but sure you can. It doens´t matter wether you are involved or not. You can report all situations of players breaking rules. But I think if this is the most dangerous situation you had, you are going well. Do you were in Duisburg? This is what breaking rules and reckless driving means. I don´t think you have to report such a little rule breaking and think about the situation when you were distracted as the player who caused this and sb will report you because of one time you did a mistake. You don´t want to be reported in this case. And the Admins and Support-Team do a great job, but I think they already have enough to do. ;)

Cheers, Paul

On 8/29/2017 at 1:59 AM, Fairy Princess said:

If I reported every time I saw something like this I would use up all 10 of my report slots in a day

Which in turn encourages the wrong kind of driving behaviour on the roads. Whom many are continuously complaining about, even when they choose not to record/report or do anything about catching these reckless clowns on the road.

Hi @davidpayne

it's your right so go ahead and report. It's very clear cut that player ID 584 was driving recklessly. He took the bend too fast, which was why he went straight over the line into opposing traffic which was the same lane you were on, which is also why he made the sudden turn, back onto his own lane as you can see EASILY from evidence. Hence, player ID 571 who overtook you earlier had to slow down due to 581's recklessness. The extra mistake here was that player  ID 234 followed too closely behind the overtake of 571 and the unexpected happened. Either way, he alone gets damaged for bumping into player ID 571 so there's no need to report such a accident caused from another accident. The only one here supposed to get the ban report would be player ID 584, Amenooo:))

I hope you join us avid reporters and help TMP grow better in terms of gameplay and what is expected from the community in terms of usage of the client.

@Syntog I would advise you that as a player holding the rank of an admin, you should re-check that video and review your comment regarding "guarantee that no admin will ban for that". Because that comment is what makes proper players lose even more trust towards the team when proper evidence is being provided and that you missed the whole point of the getting the right perpetrator.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Archived